Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Preparing For Kundalini

12 posts in this topic

Recently I decided to try doing Kundalini meditation. My friend told me some crazy things about it, like that it gives you powerful euphoric feelings. I've heard also that you can go mentally insane from it, and possibly loose some physical sensory abilities. 

And I didn't believe any of what he was saying, and just assumed that he was over exaggerating. I'm not an athiest and science patriot anymore, but I am still skeptical about the weird new age 'energies' and 'third eye' shit.

So I went and tried Kundalini meditation, 100% confident that nothing will happen, and my ass got wooped seriously for being that dogmatic. After 5 minutes I could feel 'energies' going up and down my spine, and a very powerful zinging feeling everywhere in awareness. My worldview was completely detached from me, I almost forgot where I was during the meditation. 

I stopped 10 minutes in, because I could feel my eyes tearing up big time, for no god damn reason, and I just freaked out because of how real it was. So it didnt activate, and now I'm worried if I try it again I'm going to go insane

How do you prepare for Kundalini to make sure that you wont hurt yourself? Can anything happen drastically? That was a very powerful feeling. 

Edited by electroBeam

Spirituality isn't for pussies.

No matter which spiritual path you take, your ass will take a serious beating. So get used to it. Par for the course.

When you start to see demons and start going insane, check out my Dark Side Of Meditation video to calm yourself down ;) But you got many hundreds if not thousands of hours of practice to go until then.

Kriya yoga techniques are supposed to be more gentle in releasing the Kundalini than some others. Not sure which techniques you're using. Kundalini practice is usually done with a guru to assist. Although I think Kriya should be fine to do solo.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Alright thanks Leo, I'm fine with getting my ass wooped, as long as I don't develop any serious permanent mental disorders; I'm ok with depersonalization etc but not schizophrenia. I'll do Kundalini again tomorrow,

2 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Can anything happen drastically?

You can go insane for a short duration, if you don't do catharsis. 

Catharsis stage
In this stage you have to let go of your body completely. Breathe in and breathe out deeply and leave the body free. Let it cry if it feels like crying. If tears well up let them well up. Let your eyes shed tears…If your hands and feet tremble, let them do so. If the body shakes and moves and whirls, let it do so freely. If it stands up and begins to dance, leave it free to stand up and dance. Take deep breaths and let go of your body. Whatever happens to the body let it happen; don't come in its way…Deep breathing, deep breathing, deep breathing. For ten minutes continue deep breathing and relax the body. If the body takes certain postures and gestures—asanas and mudras—allow it to take them. If it rolls on the ground, allow it to do so. Leave the body free and just remain a witness, a watcher. Don't hinder the body in any way…
Continue deep breathing; bring your full energy to breathing, and leave the body to itself. Whatsoever happens to the body, let it. Don't hesitate; don't shirk, and don't shrink at all. Don't resist the body in any way. And don't think of others. And let go of the body. Many things will happen when the energy will awaken and ascend. Tears will well up and fill your eyes, the body will shake, the limbs will move and mudras will be formed. The body may even rise up. Let everything happen. You are alone here; there is nobody but you. Let go. Breathe deeply, breathe deeply, breathe deeply. 

On 10/29/2016 at 9:47 PM, Prabhaker said:

You are alone here; there is nobody but you. 

Trust @Prabhaker can't be built on a foundation of lies.. I won't be standing there arms open wide anytime soon.. ?

Edited by Kayako

It's better to burn out than fade away

what is actually kundalini meditation?
 what´s the tehcnique?

I only know kundalini yoga

33 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

I tried this. Nothing crazy happened

If you want crazy things to happen try OSHO Dynamic Meditation, Osho devised this meditation to awaken kundalini energy.

@electroBeam what exactly did u do in the meditation that made this experience happen? Any specific technique within kundalini meditation that you did, cos when i look it up it shows u so many ways to do it. I wanna try this for myself

@Ry4n  use osho's dynamic meditation shown by @Prabhaker but the thing that really makes me explode is that you need to almost suffocate yourself. You need to get to the point where you are about to suffocate, and you have to make your body and mind go as insane as possible(don't not think anything -> Do Nothing technique on sterioids)

It's really crazy!! I took several classes of Kundalini. I felt part of my awakening freakout I had the beginning of this year was due to those classes.