Thought Art

Are sexual norms and taboos in the end simply arbitrary?

5 posts in this topic

Is sex really as important as we make it out to be in our culture? 

It seems like even myself have a lot of ideas, beliefs, guilts, shames, interests, desire, rules etc around sex and what is right and what is wrong. 

But, is it arbitrary and likely to change over the next 1000 years? Will sex become something more divine and understood?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 4/28/2021 at 1:36 AM, Thought Art said:

Idk what you mean by "our" culture, but if you mean the global capitalist consumerist culture that has it's roots in the US, then no, sex (either in abundance or lack) is to distract people from their material conditions, much like other forms of entertainment, including broadcasted politics. 

When you're distracted from confronting material conditions, you're stick being in the society pyramid that Leo talks about in videos such as 30 Ways Society Fucks You in the Ass, and How to Escape Wage Slavery. 

Preoccupation with sex, regardless if you have a lot of rules around it or if you're a libertine, is a trapping. The libertine preoccupation with sex though is more of an issue and more harmful (more effective). 

On 27.04.2021 г. at 7:36 PM, Thought Art said:

It seems like even myself have a lot of ideas, beliefs, guilts, shames, interests, desire, rules etc around sex and what is right and what is wrong. 

But, is it arbitrary and likely to change over the next 1000 years? Will sex become something more divine and understood?

Hopefully. You have no idea about weird or crazy sex might get. Just go watch some youtube docs to open yourself up a little bit. 

On 4/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, Thought Art said:

I believe it IS going to change and, yes, the divine act of love will be profoundly enhanced. I don't know about time spans, though...

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Sex is what makes life!

Sexual energy is one of the nicest energies we have.

Humanity is at a child level when its about sex. Osho describes the usual ejaculation of a man as like a sneeze. 

Taoist and Tantric sex wil  make you more developed in this area. 

This video touches on quite some nice topics in this regard: