preemo

Book about intuition?

9 posts in this topic

Hello! 

Im looking for a deep and profound book about intuition, any reccomendations? 

There seems to be so many of them, that it is hard to tell which one can be worthwile. If you have read any great ones - pleas share the titles here! 

Thanks, 

Have a great Day! ?

Definitely The Alchemist, if you haven't read it.

chuang tzu's parables. It tries to destroy knowledge, mannerisms, beliefs, mind oriented world. When confucius idealogies were dominating china slowly but surely, chuang tzu feared it will make people mind oriented. 

Awakening Intuition by Frances E. Vaughan

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/72639.Awakening_Intuition

Includes techniques to loosen attachments to your own ideas to make space for intuitive insights. Some of my favorite quotes from the book:

"Stop thinking and talking about it," says the third Chinese patriarch of Zen, "and there is nothing you will not be able to know."

Awakening intuition is not about "getting more"; it is about "being more" who you really are. Thus, the first step in this process is learning to let yourself be.

One relaxation exercise taught in yoga is particularly appropriate here, as it suggests both activity and passivity and can be practiced either sitting up or lying down. Begin with your toes, and say to yourself: "I am relaxing my toes. My toes are relaxing." Continue to apply this awareness to all the different parts of your body. 
Since part of the process of developing intuition is learning to tune in to the body and be alert to physical cues, in addition to learning to relax one can learn to attend to physical sensations without trying to change anything or interfere in any way.

In addition to relaxation and concentration, the process of awakening intuition requires receptivity to all forms of subjective experience. A noninterfering alert awareness, maintained in the midst of the inner world of sensations, emotions, and ideas, is the key to expanding intuition.

Ultimately intuitive knowing transcends distinctions between subject and object, knower and known. The process of awakening this non-dual awareness, however, involves disidentifying from internal states and observing them. This disidentification of the observer self from the body, feelings, and ideas is sometimes called awakening the inner witness.

Intuition on the emotional level can function fully only when you are aware of feelings, without judging them as good or bad, and without assuming that you have to act on them or do anything about them. There is no need to justify or rationalize a feeling.

When one does plunge into the depths of one's own being, and directly experiences oneself as a center of pure consciousness, distinct from the contents defined by sensations, emotions, or thoughts, duality is transcended. There is, in pure awareness, no distinction between subject and object, observer and observed. This, then, is the foundation of intuition as the non-dual mode of knowing.

If you happen to be an Intuitive type by the Jungian personality model, check out  Marie-Louise von Franz's Lectures on Jung's Typology as well. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/49537.Lectures_on_Jung_s_Typology

On 5/21/2021 at 0:22 AM, Animo said:

Definitely The Alchemist, if you haven't read it.

I recently read this book, it is definitely worth reading for anyone interested.

1 hour ago, robbinsarle said:

I recently read this book, it is definitely worth reading for anyone interested.

Surprised that so many advised her. The book is wonderful. +1 to recommendation