goldpower123

I resigned from my Rat Race Job

12 posts in this topic

For the past year I've really had a lot of time to work on self actualization, and have been. Did uni 5 hours a day for web design all 2020.

I'm almost 21, live with my mum and brother, I have $5000 saved up and own car. No current debt.

Recently I got accepted for a role as a Sales & Market Support, which involved computer work and managing their website, social media, phone calls, taking orders etc. It was a marine and RV electronics company, a wealthy company, and nothing wrong with it.

I spent 1.5 hours in traffic/commute, and 8.5 hours at work. Mon to Fri.

I worked 3.5 weeks then resigned. $779/week.

Job consisted of me sitting down looking at a screen for 80% of the time. Barely saw sunlight outside of work hours. And outside of work I had little time to focus on developing myself, Gym, relaxation and just my own sense of purpose and freedom in life without running around stressed and tired. So, I resigned, to get my life back, and will continue working on my self, health, exercise, socializing, etc. and look at a part time job.

Would you say this was or wasn't a strategic move? I think it's much better to live in the present and preserve yourself in all ways, focus on yourself and live treat you right.

My question is -- Is there a way out of the rat race without being homeless or broke? Because we all need to survive, I get it, and I don't think I'm "lazy." But I will be damned when there's a boss of me. I'll be damned when I give my up self, my life, my time, my dreams, to essentially become a slave purely for economic output. Most people are so fine with this, they are so complacent they don't even question it. But these people are always running around busy, complaining about the world, negative and mad. But with what I know that isn't a life worth living. Anyone have advice to break free?

Find your Life Purpose. If you're truly passionate about something, other people will be passionate about it too, and the money will come naturally. 

Follow your intuition and supplement it with logic. There are very many unforeseeable factors for you right now, too many for your reason to hold all at once. Try not to rely on too many outside voices telling you what to do and be as honest as humanly possible with yourself. Seek what you need to know and it will come.

uour intuition may ask you to face situations you are uncomfortable with, but this is how we learn to love. Seek what gives you joy, not to have a “perfectly designed life”

Be happy now, and wherever you go. YOU are the source of life within you, no outer circumstance.

(don’t follow my advice. Only integrate it into your worldview, into everything you know)

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

9 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

Follow your intuition and supplement it with logic. There are very many unforeseeable factors for you right now, too many for your reason to hold all at once. Try not to rely on too many outside voices telling you what to do and be as honest as humanly possible with yourself. Seek what you need to know and it will come.

uour intuition may ask you to face situations you are uncomfortable with, but this is how we learn to love. Seek what gives you joy, not to have a “perfectly designed life”

Be happy now, and wherever you go. YOU are the source of life within you, no outer circumstance.

(don’t follow my advice. Only integrate it into your worldview, into everything you know)

What example do you mean by unforseeable factors?

Thanks for the reply

It’s difficult at 21 to know what to be doing because you don’t have much life experience. You don’t necessarily know what you really want, what you will run into in life, it’s hard to foresee things like how much you will hate a full time marketing job, how your goals or values will change, etc. etc. 

in short, there is a ton left to figure out to really create the kind of life you want most, it’s hard to think of it all,  and then give each piece the proper weight in your mind. 

intuition is great because it helps to synthesize more info. I also consider it a connection to a higher intelligence, a connection that can be strengthened. Gaining clarity on your values is helpful for making decisions too, and it can help you build confidence in your intuition since you will be able to see how your intuition and your values connect. Leo’s life purpose course helps you define values.

I’m 23, just learning the same lessons myself.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

On 27.4.2021 at 7:38 AM, goldpower123 said:

My question is -- Is there a way out of the rat race without being homeless or broke?

The bad Thing is that you will run into boss-type persons everywhere (and they are not always wrong just because they tend to disturb the flow). Even as a self-employd person you have clients or partners who fill that role. In my mind one has to learn to handle it and I don't mean accept it. Say it like it is.

The good Thing is that thre are pattern of what you can do to increase your chance to become more free in your work:

• learn what is in demand, hard to understand and not high in supply (math, programming, chemistry...)
  • spend less money or become a minimalist, save and invest
  • work your ass off as you are still young and play later.. (normal people play while they are young and work stupid jobs because they don't know an exit)

there are no cheatcodes

Edited by supremeyingyang

On 4/27/2021 at 6:38 AM, goldpower123 said:

Is there a way out of the rat race without being homeless or broke? Because we all need to survive, I get it, and I don't think I'm "lazy." But I will be damned when there's a boss of me. I'll be damned when I give my up self, my life, my time, my dreams, to essentially become a slave purely for economic output. Most people are so fine with this, they are so complacent they don't even question it. But these people are always running around busy, complaining about the world, negative and mad. But with what I know that isn't a life worth living. Anyone have advice to break free?

Aside from the LP course & diving deep into your LP, this is the simplest path to financial freedom.

• Develop Skills / Products / Services that the market demands and that fulfills X need / problem / desire for Said person / people (For example, you could make a song you LOVE but if nobody likes it, you don't get paid and don't get fans) 
  • Build a business / self-employed career around this skill / product / service, keep growing this until you reach an income you are happy with, but even then continue to grow so the business doesn't die. 
  • Invest excess profits into Crypto / Stocks / Real Estate or other investment vehicles, this is money that isn't going back into the business. 
  • Don't spend money on high end luxuries for a while until you're financially sound, nothing wrong with things like designer clothes & nice cars to enjoy them, but NOT (at least in excess) when you are trying to pursue financial freedom, it just sets you back

In 2021 we have it EASIER than any of our ancestors, you literally have endless opportunities at your fingertips, our great grandparents would bite our hand off for 1/10th of the opportunities we have. 

It really is that simple, there is no shortcut. 

Or failing that, find a job at a company you resonate with, and negotiate terms that suit you, but you need to have expert skills to leverage to do this, they'll only let you work a 6 hour workday for example if they trust you will complete all tasks in 6 hours. 

Create a plan, stick to it! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Aside from the LP course & diving deep into your LP, this is the simplest path to financial freedom.

• Develop Skills / Products / Services that the market demands and that fulfills X need / problem / desire for Said person / people (For example, you could make a song you LOVE but if nobody likes it, you don't get paid and don't get fans) 
  • Build a business / self-employed career around this skill / product / service, keep growing this until you reach an income you are happy with, but even then continue to grow so the business doesn't die. 
  • Invest excess profits into Crypto / Stocks / Real Estate or other investment vehicles, this is money that isn't going back into the business. 
  • Don't spend money on high end luxuries for a while until you're financially sound, nothing wrong with things like designer clothes & nice cars to enjoy them, but NOT (at least in excess) when you are trying to pursue financial freedom, it just sets you back

In 2021 we have it EASIER than any of our ancestors, you literally have endless opportunities at your fingertips, our great grandparents would bite our hand off for 1/10th of the opportunities we have. 

It really is that simple, there is no shortcut. 

Or failing that, find a job at a company you resonate with, and negotiate terms that suit you, but you need to have expert skills to leverage to do this, they'll only let you work a 6 hour workday for example if they trust you will complete all tasks in 6 hours. 

Create a plan, stick to it! 

Thanks for the reply, I thought along those similar lines by continuing to develop my web design skills and then do freelance work, growing residually and exponentially over time. Yep well aware of the trap of materialism 

Well, you complicated it a bit by leaving before finding replacement (some sort of a temporary cash flow business, life purpose or a job you're passionate about).

But you're gonna make it regardless, IF you put enough effort and strategic planning into it.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:38 AM, goldpower123 said:

I spent 1.5 hours in traffic/commute, and 8.5 hours at work. Mon to Fri.

Job consisted of me sitting down looking at a screen for 80% of the time.

Sounds hellish. Although not far off my current job, just without the commute. 

Seems like it was the right move to leave. I'm not sure I have the guts to do it yet.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

It's all about comparison. If you guys complain like girls about being sit in front of a computer, try having a job where your main concern is not hurting your back because of the physical demand it puts on you.  

I do work less, "only" 7 hours and my commute is just 25minutes, but since it's a night shift much of the rest of the day I spend it sleeping.

Value what you have ! ;)

Stick to your mom. Make her cook you eggs and go to the gym everyday. Also complain everyday on the forum that you will die virgin. The end. ?