Leo Gura

Making The Podcast Rounds -- Need Your Suggestions

257 posts in this topic

Tim Ferriss has a podcast and is a big advocate for psychedelics. Would love to see Rupert Spira, Jim Newman and especially @Nahm (Phil from Actuality of Being) 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not really my goal.

I am mostly laying groundwork for the book I will publish in some years that will change the world.

When can we preorder. Give us hints about its content please, like chapter titles. Is it primarily going to tackle epistemology?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Adam from PsychedSubstance. Talk with him about the enormous potential of psychedelics. He already asked you about a collab in the comment section.

14 minutes ago, EternalDream said:

Adam from PsychedSubstance. Talk with him about the enormous potential of psychedelics. He already asked you about a collab in the comment section.

+1

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Most of the podcasts I'd think to suggest have already been mentioned but a discussion with Andrés Gómez Emilsson I think would be a worthwhile one. He's mentioned Leo on his channel a handful of times recently so he's definitely already familiar with Actualized.

Guru Viking would be an awesome experience, he's very experienced, down to earth, and highly multi-perspectival. 

I'd also personally really love to see you talk to Frank Yang.  I know you guys disagree on some things, but that disagreement would be incredibly interesting and illuminating to hear discussed in a mature way (and I think Frank would be willing to).  This would be my #1 most desired video that you could make at this point, as it would help us all understand the nuances between a steady-state "traditional" enlightenment and psychedelic enlightenment--from two people that I deeply respect.

Neurohacker Collective

• Created by Daniel Schmachtenberger and Jorden Hall.  This one might not be the best fit as they are more centered around physiology, neurohacking, high-performance, etc., and less so the more spiritual stuff.  Though, Daniel did do an interview with Ken Wilber at one point.
  • https://neurohacker.com/about

Jordan Hall does interviews

• From what I've seen, he's a pretty openminded guy who talks with all sorts of people about all sorts of topics.  He's spoken about spiritual things before, but maybe that's not his center of attention.  Though, he's a stage Yellow guy so I think a lot of people who listen to him are involved in quite unique circles. 
  • IT would also be nice to see more conversations between tier 2 thinkers to get more examples of how that can look. 
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/jordangreenhall

Jamie Wheal

• Another stage yellow thinker.
  • HE's done a lot of work on peak experiences and flow states (recently wrote a book about it called "Recapture the Rapture"), especially when linked with the social dimension, and the benefits and drawbacks (e.g., cults) from the two working with each other.  
  • I think your interest in epistemology, ideology, psychedelics, and spirituality are things that he also shares and it would be interesting to see both of your minds come together to see where you agree, disagree, and where some blindspots are.
  • Here's his website.  I don't know if it's the best way to reach him.  https://www.flowgenomeproject.com/

The Stoa = they do lots of group sessions (they had Daniel Ingram, Shinzen Young, and Frank Yang on for a collaborative convo)

• https://www.thestoa.ca/
  • They host all sorts of free zoom sessions for people with all sorts of professionals in psychotechnologies and social-technologies.
  • Like I said, they have hosted several people who discussed spirituality (more than the ones listed above).
  • It would also give people a chance to ask you questions and get some interaction.
Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Lex Friedman Podcast

https://lexfridman.com/podcast/

Perhaps you have heard of Lex.

He is a scientist at MIT and works with AI.

He is fairly open minded and notices the importance of Love.

He seems rather material but I think you guys could have a great conversation about love, maybe the materialistic paradigm or consciousness. You’d blow his mind on consciousness.

Hard to say what value you’d get from any of these interviews/podcasts but if it seems this would be more out of a place of giving, granted they’re wide enough to have you - I think lex may be.

Psyched substance

You probably know him, I think it would be good because everyone who wants advice on how to use psychedelics goes to his channel and you could drop some wisdom and advice on how to use psychedelics to more people. Plus his viewers probably would be interested in your content so you can expand your audience

I would like to see you talking to Peter Joseph.

A few months ago you were complimenting him in the Sprical Dynamics Stage Yellow thread for his political and systems analysis.

He started his own podcast a few months ago called "Revolution Now" where he is mostly doing analysis of our current economic model and presenting approaches for how we might get out of our collective misery (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcqJbYFJdtRj8duOJ1mkKXQ).

If you watch his artistic works (documentaries/films) like the Zeitgeist trilogy, Culture in Decline or his latest work InterReflections or you watch any of his talks/interviews on Youtube, you can get a good sense of him and where he is at. He also seems open to spirituality. For me he is one of the smartest people to think of.

His podcast has still quite a small audience and reach and I am not sure where the conversation between you two could be headed...

I just wanted to be sure to give this suggestion. He was already asking his audience for guest suggestions aswell.

Edited by Ophael

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I am mostly laying groundwork for the book I will publish in some years that will change the world.

swag.gif....nbd.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Agreed with avoiding dumb platforms that are just about debates and "got ya" discussions that are actually just debates.

I think these platforms bellow will lead to interesting discussion 

- rebel wisdom 

- rich roll (for physical health talks)

- psychedsubstance

- russel brand ???

Edited by Lyubov

Russel Brand is a must!

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

3 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Jamie Wheal

• Another stage yellow thinker.
  • HE's done a lot of work on peak experiences and flow states (recently wrote a book about it called "Recapture the Rapture"), especially when linked with the social dimension, and the benefits and drawbacks (e.g., cults) from the two working with each other.  
  • I think your interest in epistemology, ideology, psychedelics, and spirituality are things that he also shares and it would be interesting to see both of your minds come together to see where you agree, disagree, and where some blindspots are.
  • Here's his website.  I don't know if it's the best way to reach him.  https://www.flowgenomeproject.com/

I know Jamie and could connect @Leo Gura with him, if desired.

A discussion with Adyashanti would be super interesting. Adyashanti is one of the most open-minded and sober people I've ever seen. Perhaps even the most sober person I known who at the same time also has a very intimate connection with spirituality. A dialogue between you (Leo) and Adyashanti I think would be incredibly interesting and valuable. However, I practically don't see this happening so quickly even for the fact that both you and Adya aren't really known to host or publish interviews on their own channel. Unless you (Leo) are willing to put these interviews on your own channel.

Honestly though, if there's anyone you could have a deep and meaningful conversation with someone who's extremely open-minded, has an intimate connection with spirituality and at the same time is also very stable, grounded and down-to-earth, it would be Adya.

If you could and want to make it happen though, make it happen. Please, I beg you 9_9

Instead of trying to make the right decision, make your decisions right.

I think you should colab somehow with MAPS too, NGOs, etc to further along Psychedelics for use in society 

Conversations are interesting and all but it seems like with your audience you could really impact having stuff like MDMA, LSD, Mushrooms, etc hurried along with clinical trials and made legal for medicinal purposes as well as personal for people that wanna explore. 

talking all day is cool and all but making cultural change through these routes which directly affect people is the real deal 

Very nice initiative! :)

I'm looking forward to hearing this podcast you've done with Charlie. 

one day this will all be memories

Daniel M. Ingram

Frank Yang

The Stoa

Jordan Peterson

Duncan Trussel

Bernardo Kastrup

Light On Earth

Chaotic Thinking (maybe read some magic books first)

Russell Brand (cause his audience is massive)

Psyched Substance (you ignored his collab request, still would be amazing)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not really my goal.

If that is the case, you should learn how to write well first. You don't want a horrendously boring and dry Bible-like book explaining your knowledge in purely conceptual terms.  It should be poetic and beautiful and emotional and involve a story of some sort. At this rate, my book and my cult, I mean social engineering experiment and arts, will already be well established by the time the Actualized book comes out. So get snappy.

@Leo Gura Talk to Adya: Being Unlimited

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins