Someone here

Enlightenment is NOT about seeking a state

75 posts in this topic

@Someone here Was just reading  and I was feeling a state of Bliss.... felt Like my thoughts stopped for a moment..... Thank You

?IngitScooby ?

1 hour ago, Tim Ho said:

Enlightenment is NOT about seeking a state

Enlightenment IS about abandoning the seeking state

It's about both:-) they don't exclude each other those two perspectives.

Fundamentally spirituality is about becoming free. Free from the chains of ego, so that your true self can shine through perfectly.

To say to a truamatized 25 year old suicidal girl with an eating disorder, or to a 40 year old male sociopath, that enlightenment/freedom is "already the case" and that they shouldn't seek anything but just rest in The Now, well, see how that goes for ya/them;-)

It isn't wrong in theory. But fuck the theory alone. Go for pragmatism too! That which WORKS. Go for that. Cos that is what *matters*, not this retarded armchair philosophy, I'm getting sick of it ??

Be careful of spiritual bypassing/zen devilry/spiritual ego. It hits us all.

Love ?

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean 

Nice writings bro!??

Edited by Adamq8

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Enlightenment is a fantasy of spiritual seekers. A future state to achieve. Failing to realize it is right now. It is an eternal "state", timeless. So it is the ultimate paradox, both state and non-state at the same time.

Also: State in the classical sense of the word means 'configuration of things'. It that way the word state is quite limited. Same goes for enlightenment. It implies that it is something objective, a thing...

Let's not get caught in concepts.

Edited by dharm4

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

Depends how it’s sized up. It could also be said for each one on this forum, exploring practices, inspecting thought, and experiencing psychedelics, there are over a hundred million solid lifelong sleepers. Very hard to point to but... would you rather justify and rationalize, or have a solid cry and release? Me too. Imagine being in the opposite shoes. It’s easy to love, not caring about thoughts, seeing thoughts don’t belong to anyone. Not so easy when / while it’s not so easy. 

Definitely. However, i am talking about people who are on this path. Psychedelics can definitely increase the level of consciousness, however enlightenment is realization of there is no such a thing as consciousness. 

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

Psychedelics may be only experience, sure. But ever experience one talking about them, ‘who’ hasn’t even experienced them? That clarity alone is worthwhile. Just opinion here. Get’s loopy quick! ? (not really).

Yes but this can be only understood when enlightenment happens, therefore the people who are on this path can easily stuck to have higher mind, which psychedelics provides. Meanwhile all is a thought not even. There is no such a thing as thought, experience, self or even no self. 

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

n regard to that “more are lost on the path”, I would suggest, more adopt and contribute to co-creating / spreading the belief that psychedelics lead to enlightenment, and or that enlightenment is going to change their life or their clarity of emotional experience, or reduce monkey mind, or heal, etc. Analogously perhaps, taking a lunch break is great. Does it get anything done (so to speak), no it doesn’t. Same ‘work’ is still there to be addressed. 

Agreed. However, even experiencing nothingness or infinite nothingness while having thought process is has nothing to do with enlightenment and this experience provides such a thing as state, and people try to reach that so called state in life time. However it is almost impossible to realize there is no one to have to reach a state. Imo, Psychedelics are climbing to hill, however enlightenment is jumping of the hill. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

19 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

It can serve as a catalyst to take the path more seriously and learn as much as possible.

Definitely, thats the reason why it misleads because enlightenment is not knowing even including word of now knowing as so called deep sleep or before birth. 

19 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

you are right. psychedelics are not there to seek experiences. These can occur but its usefulness is another. is to detach the ego from you.

Definitely useful to some degree. However, as you said it detaches ego from you. There is no such a thing as ego or you. It is like swimming towards waves, instead of letting go. 

@James123

Yep, yep and yep. It could even be said there’s not even “enlightenment”, as that’d require another self which is not enlightened / enlightenment, but of course, this can’t really be ‘said’ either. 9_9 Talking to myself, and Talking To Myself lol. ???

51 minutes ago, James123 said:

@Raptorsin7 said: to detach the ego from you.

tenor.gif?itemid=14188777

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Yep, yep and yep. It could even be said there’s not even “enlightenment”, as that’d require another self which is not enlightened / enlightenment, but of course, this can’t really be ‘said’ either. 9_9 Talking to myself, and Talking To Myself lol. ???

Definitely. ?????

Thank god no one gets it for fuck sake ?... joke ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

14 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Thank god no one gets it for fuck sake ?... joke ❤

Lol????

4 hours ago, James123 said:

However, as you said it detaches ego from you. There is no such a thing as ego or you

the ego doesn't exist because it is the illusion of separation, and enlightenment is the interruption of the illusion, when you see that there is no one separate trying to get enlightened, it was a kind of strange magic trick. but still there is perception, so still a kind of "me"

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

the ego doesn't exist because it is the illusion of separation, and enlightenment is the interruption of the illusion, when you see that there is no one separate trying to get enlightened, it was a kind of strange magic trick. but still there is perception, so still a kind of "me"

Check out 16:18 - 18:45

Also there is a good understanding there. Remember you can't really interrupt something that isn't real(limitations of dualistic language) it can be seen clearly to have never existed though, if that makes sense.

Yes, there seems to be a character remaining.... the remnants of the old me.

Explore that ...what is it ...what does it consist of?

Not with the mind.... actually look and see.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

11 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Just let go, thats all what it takes.