Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nomad13

Organ Donation

9 posts in this topic

I was renewing my driver license and there is a check box for Organ Donation. I know all the benefits of becoming an organ donor, but still decided not to for selfish reasons. Primarily, I do not want to tempt fate. Stupid reason with no justification, but still...

I am curious if anyone here changed their minds after working on self actualization.

@Nomad13 tempt fate how? Like in the future we could resurrect you? But it would “only” work if your organs were all there? Lol ? 

I’ve always been an organ donor but especially now after SA work I see the benefits and humor in “our” bodies. 

What would the benefits be of being a organ donor? Having money inside the coffin so you can trade with the worms?

Why wouldn't you want to be a organ donor?

I registered myself as a organ donor early in my life. It's a no-brainer, literally.

Edited by Blackhawk

@Nomad13  fear of death.

as others said, literally no reason not to be a donor.

look into that selfishness and work with it.

I am going to present two scenarios that are unlikely to happen and are not good enough reasons to not be a donor.xD

What if there was a trauma doctor whose spouse is at the top of the list to get a heart transplant. I was on the operating table and was a perfect match for a donation. What if I only had a 50% chance of living if the doctor takes “heroic” action to save my life. Knowing that I was an organ donor and 50% survival, would the doctor be tempted to take lesser action?

What if my organs go to someone I dislike? For example, I hate people who abuse their pets. What if my organs extend the life of someone who goes on to extend the suffering of their pets?

I can come up with more unlikely scenarios, but you get the idea.

15 hours ago, Nomad13 said:

Would the doctor be tempted to take lesser action?

Dude come on, this is ridiculous 

15 hours ago, Nomad13 said:

What if my organs go to someone I dislike?

When you die you’ll finally see how foolish this is. Dislike and hate are low consciousness ego/mind traits.

You haven’t yet realized for yourself how consciousness works. Specifically in this case; you’re failing to see that at higher levels of consciousness things like hate and dislike are clearly identified as ego and disregarded. Grounded in the wisdom that; everyone is working from their own level of consciousness, 99% have no control and will never change, and you’re not perfect either (you never will be). All you have to do is accept that (fully) to stop judging. 

21 hours ago, Nomad13 said:

I was renewing my driver license and there is a check box for Organ Donation. I know all the benefits of becoming an organ donor, but still decided not to for selfish reasons. Primarily, I do not want to tempt fate. Stupid reason with no justification, but still...

I thought I was the only one afraid of being picked up by faith to give my organs to someone else if I'd sign up for this. :ph34r:

It seems like a bit of a crazy, unjustified belief.

I'm also interested in potential other perspectives... So I'll do sign up next time the opportunity present itself to say "yes" instead of being superstitious.

Edited by Etherial Cat

Where I live there is a national register in which every citizen is registered, and by default you are assumed to be an organ donor. However you can opt out and choose not to be a donor, and I have done so. 
My reasoning is basically this, that the point at which they decide you are dead just corresponds to the end of electrical activity in the brain. But there are an awful lot of body processes which just carry on, including in the brain. But the doctors take you to the operating theater immediately to harvest viable organs and tissues. 
Now let’s assume you believe in a soul. How long does the soul take to exit the body? How long is it still aware of the body’s death process? The Tibetan book of the dead says it can take up to 49 days. You want to give yourself the best chance of a natural death, and not of being cut up when you are still in the process of leaving.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna