Kross

Maybe this will work ?

4 posts in this topic

Just tell me I'm deluded. My ego doesn't want to accept the massive lack of integrity and immaturity I carry every single day, thinking it'll achieve astronomical amounts of success without working for it. Have watched tons of Leo's videos for years without taking sufficient amount of action, and still somehow think I'm a very wise guy. At this point it looks like no advice works on me, I just sit all day long doing nothing. Maybe if you all just shout at me I'll gain some sense. Sorry if this post is low quality.

This post actually feels like a good first step in the direction of honesty, which will allow you to rebuild your integrity. 

@Kross

You probably have an image of yourself of which you subconsciously know that it's not how you actually are (wise, spiritually evolved, integrous, etc).

To start working on yourself would reveal your level of development to you, which you of course don't want to see and admit. So instead you do nothing, in oder to maintain your image of yourself. 

So what you do is get to work, face yourself and then accept yourself the way you are. Maybe lacking in integrity, maybe foolish, maybe undisciplined, whatever. And once again, Love is the answer. Loving yourself, even though it may be tough Love, will get you to where you need to be.

It's okay to be foolish. We all are, I promisexD 

Can you say to yourself: "look man, I know you've had your fair share of struggle in life and I understand you. I feel you. I know that you didn't know any better at the time. I accept your lack of integrity and your foolishness, because I know that this is all you could do, and I don't expect more of you than who you are." 

And then you get to work, because you know that that is the love you need. 

Like when you have a house which quite literally lacks integrity, and it's falling apart everywhere, the walls are crumbling, the windows are broken and it's obvious that what this house is in need of is: Love!

Somebody who cares. Somebody who accepts the house as lacking, as dysfunctional and broken. And who doesn't go banging the house with a sledgehammer shouting "oh you sh*thole of a house! why are you like that?!"

Somebody who recognizes the parts of the house where some repair is due, who then doesn't avert his gaze from the seeming ugliness of its dysfunctions, but who then starts fixing what he can fix.

And if he doesn't know how to fix a certain part of the house, he gets help from somebody else. But he isn't ashamed for not knowing what to do, because he can say to himself exactly the same thing as to the house: "it's okay to be foolish. It's okay not to know. I accept that, too."

You can fix it, don't worry. It's your ego-mind that spreads doubt. Do what you can do, don't try to do everything at once, and remember to love yourself, in whatever ways necessary. 

Edited by Tim R

2 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Kross

You probably have an image of yourself of which you subconsciously know that it's not how you actually are (wise, spiritually evolved, integrous, etc).

To start working on yourself would reveal your level of development to you, which you of course don't want to see and admit. So instead you do nothing, in oder to maintain your image of yourself. 

So what you do is get to work, face yourself and then accept yourself the way you are. Maybe lacking in integrity, maybe foolish, maybe undisciplined, whatever. And once again, Love is the answer. Loving yourself, even though it may be tough Love, will get you to where you need to be.

It's okay to be foolish. We all are, I promisexD 

Can you say to yourself: "look man, I know you've had your fair share of struggle in life and I understand you. I feel you. I know that you didn't know any better at the time. I accept your lack of integrity and your foolishness, because I know that this is all you could do, and I don't expect more of you than who you are." 

And then you get to work, because you know that that is the love you need. 

Like when you have a house which quite literally lacks integrity, and it's falling apart everywhere, the walls are crumbling, the windows are broken and it's obvious that what this house is in need of is: Love!

Somebody who cares. Somebody who accepts the house as lacking, as dysfunctional and broken. And who doesn't go banging the house with a sledgehammer shouting "oh you sh*thole of a house! why are you like that?!"

Somebody who recognizes the parts of the house where some repair is due, who then doesn't avert his gaze from the seeming ugliness of its brokenness, but who then starts fixing what he can fix.

And if he doesn't know how to fix a certain part of the house, he gets help from somebody else. But he isn't ashamed of not knowing what to do, because he can say to himself exactly the same thing as to the house: "it's okay to be foolish. It's okay not to know. I accept that, too."

You can fix it, don't worry. It's your ego-mind that spreads doubt. Do what you can do, don't try to do everything at once, and remember to love yourself, in whatever ways necessary. 

That's pretty high teaching. Way to go!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.