Raphael

How to Increase Brain Power?

37 posts in this topic

Eat brain. No joke. You'll even have the most lucid dreams of your life if you eat a raw brain before bed.

4 hours ago, Village said:

Eat brain. No joke. You'll even have the most lucid dreams of your life if you eat a raw brain before bed.

Lol this is typical city people talk. Did you read that on the internet? Please talk with some vet or epibiologist about the sick bacteria,larves,viruses,parasites which happily eat your brain after you´ve eaten their latest hosts. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

46 minutes ago, UDT said:

Lol this is typical city people talk. Did you read that on the internet? Please talk with some vet or epibiologist about the sick bacteria,larves,viruses,parasites which happily eat your brain after you´ve eaten their latest hosts. 

Ironic, but you're the one with the city talk. Oh, you've read articles and watched YouTube videos about parasites, but have probably never even seen a brain. I eat raw brains regularly.

@Michael569

Looks like a big breakfast is working for me, with an average meal at 1 PM and something light in the evening. I also added a bit more calories. My thoughts are clearer and I feel that I have more willpower.

Btw, what do you think about eating a handful of nuts everything. I currently eat a mix of cashew nuts, pistachios, and almonds during breakfast.

Edited by Raphael

1 hour ago, Raphael said:

Looks like a big breakfast is working for me, with an average meal at 1 PM and something light in the evening. I also added a bit more calories. My thoughts are clearer and I feel that I have more willpower.

Glad to hear that, this is exactly what I get from those as well. 

1 hour ago, Raphael said:

Btw, what do you think about eating a handful of nuts everything. I currently eat a mix of cashew nuts, pistachios, and almonds during breakfast

Nuts are great, add them in your breakfast every day. I'd say walnuts are top but almonds are also nice 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 You advice a range of complex carbs and whole grains for morning as for specifics ..

Is wheat OK? Leo advised against gluten & dairy as a priority in his food video.. 

I eat wholegrain wheat bran cereal sometimes & tbh I have no idea if it makes me feel better or worse. 

I am also avoiding lentils due to it being "High thiol", as I am experimenting with low thiol diet, again I have no clue if this low thiol helps or harms me as I don't have great awareness over how food affects me, unless it's ice cream or something blatantly bad. 

although I always feel drained after eating lentils and beans I think & I cant tell if rice is good or worthwhile, 

I eat some oats & sometimes wheat cereal as well as fruit, nuts, seeds, avacado & lettuce/cucumber

Is that enough complex carbs ? 

Sorry for long message 

Edited by Striving for more

14 hours ago, Striving for more said:

Is wheat OK? Leo advised against gluten & dairy as a priority in his food video.. 

Why don't you start listening to your body to tell you how it feels instead? Gluten is not evil, although some people react to it poorly. If it doesn't sit with you, quite it. It is easy as that. Plenty of good whole-grains are gluten-free. Google a list of gluten-free grains, hit "images" and you'll find neatly organised lists for you. 

wholegrain wheat bran cereal sometime

store-bought or home-made? Store bought granola is mostly rubbish full of sugar, palm oil and fried nuts. Make it yourself from millet, nuts, seeds, some cinnamon and some dried pieces of fruit. Better quality and tastes nicer as well. 

I am also avoiding lentils due to it being "High thiol", as I am experimenting with low thiol diet, again I have no clue if this low thiol helps or harms me as I don't have great awareness over how food affects me, unless it's ice cream or something blatantly bad. 

I have high doubts about thiols being an issue. Simply because the problematic molecule in thiol foods is cysteine because it has sulfur bound to its molecule but if that was an issue you wouldn't;t be able to eat anything because any animal food that has a complete amino acid profile also includes cysteine so it would mean you would be reacting to pretty much every meal. And even if that was so, it would still be questionable whether thiols are the problem. Supposedly thiols are the greatest issues in people with the highest mercury levels (I have great doubts about this as well) so best thing to do would be to get it tested before eliminating foods that may be beneficial. ....There are many things that can cause problems in diet and (in my experience) it is often the case that gut needs to be fixed not food eliminated. 

I eat some oats & sometimes wheat cereal as well as fruit, nuts, seeds, avacado & lettuce/cucumber

I'd need a bit more info on the complexity and structure of the meals but it seems like a good start. Track your meals in cronometer.com for few days and share the results after if you'd like. We can help you make sense of it. It is free to use and quite fun I'd say

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Raphael Are you into superfoods? For brain performance & power, I like to have Lion's Mane (a mushroom) and Rhodiola (flower plant). You can also supplement those in capsules. Check it up

You could learn to memorize a deck of cards and do it as a daily concentration practice. I am currently working on it slowly. It's not so hard to learn it just takes some effort. I don't know how powerful this will be once i learn it but it makes sense that it could increase your brain power and concentration tremendously. 

Also sleep early enough to wake up without an alarm. Try to let your body decide how much you sleep. 

Cardio done regularly makes you smarter. 

Ginkgo biloba worked great for me but maybe it doesn't work the same for everyone. 

Also cold showers of course.. The best habit i ever had. Everytime you have brain fog or something like that just jump on the coldest setting for a minute or two. 

@mivafofa No, at least not for the moment.

@BlackMaze Thanks for your advice. Yeah, cold showers are awesome. Also, this is a weird thing that I discovered recently but screaming in a pillow when having thoughts storms clears the mind very quickly.

Eat grass fed meat and greens. Drink lots of water. Eat fish and fish eggs. Eat different kind of fruits. And healthy carbs. You can't really go wrong if you do this. 

In Tate we trust

On 09/06/2021 at 5:05 PM, Raphael said:

@Raphael is this still the case? Do you think it made a difference? 

@Michael569

Yes, this is still the case. I'm also working on clearing my traumas and I feel like each time I release some stuff my thoughts gets a bit clearer. So it is a combination of different things: proper nutrition, trauma release work, and more.

@Michael569

Do you have ideas of large breakfasts on a Low-FODMAP diet? I recently realized that my gut is quite sensitive so I cut peanuts and cashew nuts in the morning and also cut grains like lentils, chickpeas, and peas during the day.

@Raphael id try some of the gluten free wholegrains, most of them are LF. For example same recipe as oatmeal but use buckwheat or quinoa instead. Cook it, mix with some LF fruit, berries, bunch of walnuts some cacao to taste. Careful with overripe fruit tho, the brown bananas for example are too high in fructose and can exacerbate it. Same for dried fruits, some are ok other not so much. 

Also just go online and google low fodmap cookbook. Plenty of good ones there. 

If you suspect fodmaps to be an issue I'd suggest you look into the hydrogen/methane breath testing. Get the 3 hour not 90 minutes. The short one is not enough and can produce false negatives or false positives. 

Hit me up if i can help answer any questions on the topic of LF elimination. 

@Michael569

I think I can keep the oats but maybe not in a too big quantity. Eliminating other things almost completely fixed my issue. I added an egg in the morning to get the nutrients that I lost by cutting High-FODMAP foods.