OneIntoOne

Is Enlightenment simply a self hypnosis?

55 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Eternal Unity said:

Try use more Emoticons. It helps to express emotions through technology.

@Eternal Unity

hahah (:D)

??

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

2 hours ago, OneIntoOne said:

how do i know even after trying it out that i'm not simply not hypnotizing my brain into believing it?)

Just like you said, after trying it out. Just like everything else. What you’re saying is exactly the same as someone saying sky diving is hypnosis. One would only believe this before sky diving. You’re probably thinking “it’s nothing like that!”, but missing that’s how a belief works so to speak, you’re believing it’s true. The nugget is the difference between thought and direct experience. The meditative mind is neither thinking nor believing. The belief detachment from thought can be thought or believed, is logically graspable, as in recognizable as a belief, vs direct experience. 

Also, is that really what you want? To know prior to direct experience? I don’t think you do. I think you like the mystery aspect of experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Just like you said, after trying it out. Just like everything else. What you’re saying is exactly the same as someone saying sky diving is hypnosis. One would only believe this before sky diving. You’re probably thinking “it’s nothing like that!”, but missing that’s how a belief works so to speak, you’re believing it’s true. The nugget is the difference between thought and direct experience. 

Skydiving is physical.

We are dealing with the brain. its much easier to hypnotize.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

@Nahm

Skydiving is physical.

Thoughts?

Brains are physical, hence, thought is physical.

8 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

@Nahm

Skydiving is physical.

Thoughts?

??

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

8 hours ago, OneIntoOne said:

@The0Self

Or the other way around? Reality is reality. Enlightenment is hypnotized?

Or any other permutations of belief. The mind can believe every which way, and evidence for that belief will arise. When the belief apparently no longer arises, evidence for it no longer arises. The mind seems to build experience through a process like this. When building is seen, the party is over in a sense. You can’t believe in Santa Claus anymore, try as you might. There’s nothing to get, really — it’s the opposite of knowing “I know that’s true.” I’m not telling you anything, it only seems that way; these are just words happening. There’s nothing I know that you don’t know.

10 hours ago, OneIntoOne said:

If we do this and the rest of Spiritual techniques day in day out, it can become a form of hypnosis and simply changing our brains to think in a Non-dual way.

You can't think in a non-dual way. Thought is duality. If you think you're non-dual, you're deluding yourself. You simply know you are.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I guess I've hit a dead-end i'm looking for a way out.

Whoever can show me how i would appreciate it.

Edited by OneIntoOne

14 minutes ago, OneIntoOne said:

I guess I've hit a dead-end i'm looking for a way out.

Whoever can show me how i would appreciate it.

The obstruction is beliefs about your self that you’re identified with, which are not up to “you” to change, simply because “you” are defined by that belief in the first place.

My God, it’s a strange loop...

As far as, “what practices have people done that seem to lead others to assuming they’re enlightened, in a story?” Many pretty much boil down to seeing that what appears is concocted by you, including the idea that the appearance somehow at-all-accurately signifies something real behind the appearance, which hides as a belief. It’s not really possible to stop believing this just-like-that, but what some seem to do is just see over and over again something along the lines of “oh wow, I fully believed X was _____ way, but I was actually totally wrong, and yet I believed it; experienced it, as reality... What else am I experiencing as real when it isn’t?”

I'd rather say ... that being a regular human person stressing around -- on this blue speck of dust in an infinte cosmos -- trying to achieve something beyond himself... is a form of (deep) self-hypnosis.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

20 hours ago, OneIntoOne said:

A question i have bin debating for some time.

It might come across defensive for some people. Please don't let your feelings distort the question & answer, and really think about it.

Are enlightened people just self-hypnotizing?

Or, this thing is REAL and there is an awakening to get to, and is NOT coming from a place of hypnotizing the mind into a believe.

Note. Its very easy to self hypnotize if we sit and contemplate every single day into "Who am i?"  "What am i?" and so on.

If we do this and the rest of Spiritual techniques day in day out, it can become a form of hypnosis and simply changing our brains to think in a Non-dual way.

Which one is it, and how can we know for sure?

(i know some will say well, just try it out and tell me what you see... but how do i know even after trying it out that i'm not simply not hypnotizing my brain into believing it?)

Not sure if anyone else has covered this, but you can have an Awakening/Nonduality/Infinity/Godhead experience with zero knowledge of what any of that is. My first enlightenment/Awakening experience was a full decade before I learned what any of this was all about. I had no idea what happened. And it was exactly what was later explained to me what an Awakening is. So there is no way I deluded myself, or self-hypnotized myself into some kind of a self-fulfilling experience. 

@Sempiternity

3 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

Not sure if anyone else has covered this, but you can have an Awakening/Nonduality/Infinity/Godhead experience with zero knowledge of what any of that is. My first enlightenment/Awakening experience was a full decade before I learned what any of this was all about. I had no idea what happened. And it was exactly what was later explained to me what an Awakening is. So there is no way I deluded myself, or self-hypnotized myself into some kind of a self-fulfilling experience. 

Thanks for shearing 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, OneIntoOne said:

@erik8lrl

And yet i still want Enlightenment so badlyB|

Enlightenment is not a state of wanting, but of being.