Leo Gura

Actualized Clips Channel Launching Now!

39 posts in this topic

I think the videos looks great! The thumbnails and titles are a good balance of not being too clickbaity but also slightly more enticing than some of the main video titles.

My only recommendation right now would be to potentially edit the intro card. The scissors being off the frame feels a little out of balance. What about something like below: 

Notice the 'clips' is in italics to help differentiate it from the main title.

Actualized.org clips.jpg

The intro sound could be slightly different too, maybe even a light 'woosh' sound as the title card transitions onto the screen. Helps to communicate a sense of speed and the video being a quick, short clip.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

2 hours ago, Space said:

The intro sound could be slightly different too

I agree.. I'd expect the scissor sound in an intro of a barber yt channel but not Actualized.org

The thumbnails look really cool!

Great! I would also remove the scissor sound. Seems out of place.

9 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

Would prefer to have the editor unnamed. Too much fame may affect his/her performance.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I feel like something is off with the clipping sound made by scissor at the intro.
and other thing under the Actualized.org text, it doesn't look so aesthetically pleasing.  

Edited by Slizzer

I'm loving this 10 min clips because due my job I cannot have the luxury to spend 2 hours watching the other videos.

I would make sure to link the channels together so these videos start popping up in recommended for actualized viewers.

Great idea, I’m sure it will be very popular. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

21 hours ago, Cykaaaa said:

I'd actually switch the logos between his two channels. So that the main one has the actualized logo and the clips one has Leo's face. Because after all, Actualized.org is not about Leo, right? It stands for sth else.

That's my loose suggestion :D I find the logo very aesthetic.

I second that

Edited by blankisomeone

@Space The intro could even be the standard into or something akin to it

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I really like the images in the thumbnail. Very excited for these. 

"You Create Magic" 

Looks great.

Im in agreement about editing the intro card. You could perhaps just use your normal one you use in the long videos.

This will be a great project for appealing to to the masses as a 3 hour video can be intimidating but even little chunks of wisdom and insights can go a long way for some people and draw them in for longer content. 

I agree with everyone here that the thumbnails look really good!

It's a nice combi of his old thumbnails with just his face and his newer ones.

@Leo Gura Will you consider adding clips from your blog too?

I know they aren't made for YouTube but some are really good. Like the one on Requisite Variety for example.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

@Leo Gura

Congratulations on the new channel, I think this shall be another valuable resource of inspiration!

My constructive feedback:

- I love that the excerpts of content can be very inspirational, offer lots of wisdom or specific insights and can be grouped or categorized at some point with other clips that are related in some way or might be relevant within a certain theme or topic. On youtube this could perhaps be organized with 'playlists', but these clips could also be easily included in future courses or on the forum or (other) website(s). For example I have created a blog type wordpress website on which I collect lots of inspiration by category for myself and the local community I am part of in the Netherlands, where Leo's video's are part of a growing database of resources for the people I meet or coach.
https://nu.centrumvaninspiratie.nl/thema/youtube-kanalen+actualized-org/?o=desc )

- I also very much agree with, admire and endorse Leo's intention and style of presenting all this wisdom in the longer in-depth video's without being too commercial or short-sighted, but instead focused on the quality of the information and trusting his own intuition about how to run his company. (as I think he has explained in one of his latest video's on integrity) Therefore I think it is great that at least the original video of the clip is properly linked in the youtube description and being mentioned in the last outro section, but perhaps it can also be included as a clickable thumbnail suggestion or annotation overlay. (however youtube allows clickable links to other video's in the intro, during or at the final screen)

- The titles of the clips are very important in my opinion, because they are not only searchable or findable but can also be relatable and inspirational. I think the titles can be even quite long and descriptive and I like the current ones for the clips that are already chosen. I hope you organize all the clips, titles, thumbnails, urls, sources etc in a practical system for your own meta perspective on all these teachings. (For this kind of system I personally love Notion: https://notion.so) I don't exactly know how youtube's (hash)tag system works, but perhaps using a special syntax for keywords or themes could also be explored.

- In the thumbnails of the clips I notice sometimes a correlation with the original video, but also some differences. If the original video has a recognisable unique thumbnail, it could perhaps be included as part of the thumbnail image of the clip, and maybe even the original title of the source video can also be included in the thumbnail or in the title or at least in the clickable links in the intro, overlays or end screens. When looking at this overview screen of the clips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFc8wPBHyLl_cJphb6hDSIw/videos I do not quite like the variety of colors chosen for the borders of the images in the squares of the thumbnails, maybe a bit too distracting or unimportant. I do like the idea of Leo's face being part of the thumbnail, but maybe the border of the square inset image could be just the same light or dark color and the background image of Leo's expression a bit more subtle in a monotone color, less visually competing with and less contrast as the unique squared image, in order to more easily distinguish the topic or clip from another one, but also easily notice the style of the video being a clip taken from another original Leo source.

- I like the length of the clips, currently ranging between about 4 to 10 minutes, I think even twice as long clips when relevant would also be great

- In many of Leo's original video's he offers great practical exercises for self-inquiry and self development, or he asks a lot of great questions to ponder and answer. I think these types of excerpts could benefit from having a separate category, like a youtube playlist of exercises, of multiple playlists of thematic or topical exercises. Because one less effective aspect of these kinds of teachings on youtube or in video format I notice is the passive state of consuming information in this way this format and types of platforms keep encouraging, as apposed to actually taking the time, initiative and energy to practically apply or practice what is being offered. That is one of the reasons why I have personally not (yet) devoted a lot of time to express myself in this specific way, when I instead can work with people directly in conversation, coaching and meditation. I do very much appreciate and value Leo's unique qualities as a teacher to embrace this medium of video and translating the higher wisdom in his type of expression and therefore would love his work to reach everyone who is seeking, open or receptive to this level of understanding.

But I also notice the relativity of these kinds of media in our current collective culture. Another great spiritual teacher I resonate with is Bentinho Massaro, who has I believe said that: "The true master is not the one with the most students, but the one who creates the most masters.", in this context a relevant point of view. It is not about having more 'followers' or a greater audience, but simply consciousness inviting consciousness to awaken into mastery. How eloquently, creatively, brilliantly or beautifully you are able to express our divinity does not determine how much impact or success or contribution you make to our collective evolution if that is your desire, but the truly unconditionally loving intention, empathy and serving attitude will naturally shine through every moment of you simply being authentically yourself. I find it quite funny that both you and Bentinho and many others like us are easily misinterpreted as cultleaders, signifying the gap in consciousness we so passionately try to bridge.

In short: Leo, you are doing a very, very great job at translating higher wisdom into relatable understanding and I encourage you to keep following your own higher spiritual guidance in all the endeavours you feel inspired to act upon, like you are doing with this new channel and your ideas for a book, please stay incorruptible, focused and grateful for all you experience and may offer this world by choosing to be aligned with your life purpose. You are a beautiful example for many and one of the best teachers of our time in my opinion!

much love, Victor

These short clips are actually pretty helpful. Since videos are long and I don't listen to its entirety all the time, plus I have limited attention span, clips made me realize some parts I haven't registered. It's like I'm watching entirely new video. Guess I didn't really pay attention to some parts of the video.

But it's good cause it makes me want to watch entire video afterwards. 

Love this channel already! I still prefer the longer, juicy videos, but this channel is still great for a few reasons. For one: It's good for discovering videos. Sometimes I, and I guess others too, won't watch a video because it just doesn't sound interesting to me. It might be interesting, but I don't necessarily know that just from the title. And I, as someone who is still working on building up patience, won't watch a video if I don't feel drawn to it. This clip channel is good for feeding people little bits and actually getting them exited about videos. So I think that it's a good way of promoting videos to our ADHD generation. xD

I also think that it's great in instances where you, for example, have to wait for a train and have 10 minutes to kill. It's not enough time for an entire 2 hour video, but it's just perfect for a small clip. Watching a clip here and there might actually be a good source of motivation.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop