BipolarGrowth

What is your current favorite/most effective spiritual method?

15 posts in this topic

What works for you? Feel free to share whether it’s a very common answer or something more unique to only your situation. The idea is for this to serve as a sort of informal poll on methods.

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Well,
1. Merging with the objects doing focused self inquiry. (hard for me though)

2. Noting the vanishings of experience. (easy) This leads awareness back to the source.

11 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

Well,
1. Merging with the objects doing focused self inquiry. (hard for me though)

2. Noting the vanishings of experience. (easy) This leads awareness back to the source.

Have you tried contemplating on spatial dimensions? I had a pretty profound experience of this merging last week doing so. The insight that sparked the experience of radical oneness was that Reality is zero-dimensional. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

Seeing all aspects of the past as perfect. Marveling at everything. Noticing thoughts and beliefs I adopted along the way.

Focusing only on the direct experience and without thinking, staying still, penetrating deeper into existence. Kinda like having sex but with existence.

second method which is easier for me is contemplation

And I would add: self validation, self acknowledgement, self love.

Being aware of awareness or resting in the knowing that I am aware.

I've developed the sensitivity to hear the AUM sounds, due to practicing Kriya Yoga, I'd meditate on these sounds too which I'm able to hear from my right ear. Increases my vibrations or recharges the prana in my body quickly.

Edited by m0hsen

@BipolarGrowth Well maybe not intensively on the 3D world, but I know that I believe the material world to exist just because of sight. and 3D is just the representation of the image-world I am in. Could you please list a bunch of questions to ask about the spacial dimensions?

I did a lot of thought experiments with infinite dimensions, like the 2D flat earth starts again once you reach the end (which is the 3D globe earth), and the 3D globe earth starts again once you reach the end (time happens and ever time you go round the earth it is a new earth because of change/time, which led me to the assumption of 4D time just starting again differently in 5D whatever this 5D is supposed to be.

44 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@BipolarGrowth Well maybe not intensively on the 3D world, but I know that I believe the material world to exist just because of sight. and 3D is just the representation of the image-world I am in. Could you please list a bunch of questions to ask about the spacial dimensions?

I did a lot of thought experiments with infinite dimensions, like the 2D flat earth starts again once you reach the end (which is the 3D globe earth), and the 3D globe earth starts again once you reach the end (time happens and ever time you go round the earth it is a new earth because of change/time, which led me to the assumption of 4D time just starting again differently in 5D whatever this 5D is supposed to be.

You’ve been told we live in three spatial dimensions. 

Can a 3D appearance happen on a flat surface? 

What is the difference between a screen which can show 3D reality realistically in 4K and how you see? 

Is a screen 3D? 

How is the 3D appearance on a screen, which you take to be illusory, different from what you’re seeing right now in front of you? 

A person can look to be 10 ft away from the perspective of the camera in a movie, but is it any further away from you than any other thing on the screen? 

Is your field of perception more like a screen or a camera? 

Examine the answer to the previous question by asking “Is there a difference between being a screen or a camera?” 

Can there truly be a “here” and a “there” simultaneously in your field of perception/awareness/consciousness? 

Is anything in your field of perception/awareness/consciousness closer to this field than another thing within this field? 

Which numerical representation of spatial dimensions (5D, 8D, 3D, 1D, etc.) is capable of holding all potential variations of spatial dimensions within itself? 

Is there a difference between a painting and a video if everything occurs within the present moment? 

If you feel stuck or haven’t had a significant recontextualization occur from considering these, feel free to reply here or shoot me a PM. I can give some of my answers to these or more info to try to point you to what I experienced. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Meditation with the silent mantra on the exhalation: "i let go"........... ?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Deeply reflecting upon past, and inspecting present, occasions wherein you experienced knowing something to be one way, but later found out it was not that way.

Spectrum of awareness, a range of 3 techniques depending on where my mind's at. I learned it in Diana Watson's book 'The little book of being'. 

Focused awareness (concentration eg mindfulness of breathing, body scan etc).

Choiceless awareness (mindfulness of the most prominent sensation).

Natural awareness (resting in being, resting in awareness). 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

meditation focusing on the fact that I am empty. only emptiness is real, content is fake