caspex

I find it impossible to seek the truth

15 posts in this topic

I have been 'seeking truth' for only about 1.5 years now and have come to see a very big problem. I cannot ever truly look for the truth. Thing is, everytime I tell myself that I want to know the truth, it is always because of some other underlying desire. Even my most honest attempts to know the truth was because I did not like suffering. I did not like being deluded. And that's the thing. I am never really looking for truth unless it benefits me somehow. Either to be less deluded or satisfy my curiosity. That is a very big problem because after our desires are fulfilled, we don't even think of looking further untill some new desire pops up. And we think we are done. So are we really seeking absolute truth or our desires? You could obviously desire to know the absolute truth in its entirety, but isn't that what God is already doing, trying to know it's infinity. So that desire itself would be similar to some desire that cannot be fulfilled. So I have found myself in quite a pickle here. 

I am always seeking a part of the truth to fulfill my desires. And I can ofcourse desire the end of my desires, and I might even eventually get there, but won't I stop seeking truth then? Seeking truth for the sake of truth is yet another desire. And I am not saying desire is bad or anything, but in my view, this means we never actually seek the truth, but our desires. What are your thoughts on this?

4 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

What are you doing to fully realize the Truth, to God-realize? 

Well, I can't do anything. It comes on its own. But the thing is, it only comes because there is a desire or intent to know. If it came without it, everybody would be god-realized.

Well, I would argue that it does not come on it's own. If you take a psychedelic strong enough, then it can happen on it's own and you won't have a choice, desire or not. But that requires you taking action in getting and taking said psychedelic and experimenting till an Awakening happens. Although, if one does achieve God realization, there were no actions or psychedelics, just you allowing yourself to be aware of yourself, and the illusionary self has no free will. 

33 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

ou could obviously desire to know the absolute truth in its entirety, but isn't that what God is already doing, trying to know it's infinity.

Definitely not. This is just a personal opinion and ideology, in order to realize the truth all thoughts, concepts and ideas, which are you, must be dropped. And enlightenment happens. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Swarnim What I have noticed in my experience is that wanting is different than actually having an experience (It's a subtle, but important difference).

Confusing those with each other will waste your time.

Edited by Understander

TRUTH is YOU. You cannot seek the truth simply because you are the truth. You cannot search.. Seek.. And find that which you already are. There is no process. You cannot learn the truth. 

Truth is totally effortless and is nearer to you then breathing. It can only be allowed and recognized. Your seeking it.. Veils it. Get out of your own way. 

The problem is you don't seek the truth (you can't seek it.. It's already available) what you really seek to end seeking.. Which Is the end of you. Because you are that seeking energy that is never satisfied with just what is.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Sempiternity @Understander @Someone here @Kalo What yall said goes with what I am trying to say, you can never really seek the truth but your desire for it. The experience itself is end of you seeking the desire as what 'you got' was greater than the desire. You can say you seeking your desire for truth will lead to realization of truth, so ultimately you seek truth, but at the same time, you are technically always chasing desires until you are not.

15 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

Did you watch the video about Self-Love?

@SolarWarden Yeah

16 hours ago, Swarnim said:

or satisfy my curiosity.

That is genuine desire for truth.

Don't dismiss curiosity.

Curiosity killed the cat ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Impossibility = Truth

Call it The Human Equation 

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

1 minute ago, Eternal Unity said:

Impossibility = Truth

Call it The Human Equation 

This could be quite misleading. “What seems impossible = Truth” seems much closer to me, but even this assumes that the reader is wrong about what they believe is possible. 

What is impossible is not the case. What is actual, real, possible, existent, etc. is the Truth. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Motivation is always prior to truth seeking. You could se awakening as truth from one perspective and perfect happiness from an other perspective. But happiness is what motivates us so I see that as a more fundamental perspective. All motivation is a desire for happiness which is boundlessness which is non-duality. Do not take on truth seeking as the highest good as an ideology. Follow your intuition, it will lead you to infinite happiness. Desire is profound, it points so god. With wisdom and discernment you can appreciate desire without falling for its traps.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@Swarnim there is no truth to seek and find. Truth is all there is. It's sort of like a fish seeking the water. You can't seek it because you're in it. 

Truth comes when you give up on going somewhere.. But you will only have the wisdom to see that after looking everywhere other than nowhere. So go look.. Absolutely everywhere for the truth. And when you're burnt out.. Rest in the now. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You can desire to know the truth, like you know the English language. Once the English language is known, you could move on to desiring to know Spanish, French, etc. But you can also desire to know what desire is, which in a sense would be the opposite direction, in regard to ‘knowing’ ‘stuff’. 

Thoughts can also be inspected. Specifically in regard to believing, thinking, and speaking, as if there were two of you and also a truth. Nirvana is in the details. Inspecting thoughts of subject object relating, is bursting bubbles of goodness, of the oneness that you are. This is (so to speak) a movement away from experience is like, and experiencing as... this & that’s, this way & that way’s... desire is this or that...and toward pure liquidity, poisitionlessness, true nature, desire itself. 

Believing desire is separate of you is never going to pan out. There is a reaction and projection that is sometimes experienced. As an example, the experience of someone who is not beating up on themself inner monologue wise. The reaction & projection might be ‘they have good genes’,  ‘they’re enlightened’, ‘they’re lucky’, ‘they’re gifted’, ‘they’re talented’, or a million other potential ‘they are’s’. When one finger is pointing at they, three are pointing at the creator, and at what the thought is really about. 

The response though, imo, is understanding emotion and the true nature, and jealousy, and would be more ‘what I want is ______’, and then just keep filling in that blank. Don’t try to be without desire, it only separates and leads to getting stuck in self referential thinking (the ‘one’ with or without desire’).

You are the greatest creator of all time. Look at the sky, listen to the birds. Desire is not an experience, desire is not createdDesire is creation, is experience, is life. In aligning thought with feeling, you can know some things about your true nature (imo)... you favor creating, experiencing, being, togetherness, and life. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE