Natasha

Fresh Juicing

40 posts in this topic

You can also make salad from beets, carrots and apples. Quite common stuff here. 

shutterstock_780671788.jpg

Edited by Zeroguy

@Zeroguy Yumm c(: Yes, I love fresh salads too, and cherry juice. Never juiced mint before, am curious to try now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Celery, apple, cucumber, carrots, beats, ginger and grapefruit ? 

Maybe some cilantro and a hot pepper too 

How do you juice it do you have special technique to not spend 15mins each time washing the juicer?

Sailing on the ceiling 

6 hours ago, Rigel said:

How do you juice it do you have special technique to not spend 15mins each time washing the juicer?

I have an Omega juicer and rinse it when done juicing, only takes a few mins and a bit of brushing around. I also read that if you juice apples last, it's easier to clean, but I never stick to this order.

@modmyth It's much different than what you might expect. Very mellow and it blends well with other flavors. Kind of think of a mild watermelon juice, but tastes like a cabbage. I've juiced whole cabbages only with some apple with it. I was doing it as part of a stomach protocol. I was doing like 1-2 whole ones with 1-2 apples or limes. I would recommend using about 1/4 of the cabbage. Get the regular (organic ideally) one.  If you don't buy organic it is actually in the top foods that are least contaminated with pesticides. 

2 hours ago, modmyth said:

@Natasha  How is your juicer in terms of efficiency? My understanding is that many cheaper juicers are way more wasteful based on the type of technology used; I know for juicers there a few different types.

I love my Omega juicer, have had it for almost 10 yrs and still works like brand new. They range around $300-$400, but last for decades. Great investment.

@modmyth

https://www.youtube.com/user/rawfoods

I'm not sure there is anyone more in depth on juicers than this guy. If you are thinking of starting this will save you a lot of time. He has a few really solid videos on accessories and techniques really worth watching too. 

Edit: 

I use a cheap juicer (Power XL) that I got as a gift. It works pretty good, but from the stuff I have watched I would defintely buy something $300 and up. If you wanted to be cheap just get a new open box one on ebay. 

Edited by Average Investor

4 carrots

1 apple

2 stalks celery

1/2  lemon

You can't wash your juicer?! Takes less then a minute. 

images (66).jpeg

Edited by Zeroguy

I’m a medical medium fan boy so celery juice after the daily lemon water every single day ?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I’m a medical medium fan boy so celery juice after the daily lemon water every single day ?

Sounds good! I put raw unfiltered ACV in my water. Lemon is great too, so many health benefits.

9 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

Saved favorite for the last. I am simple man. 

Canned-Homemade-Tomato-Juice-2-500x500.jpg

Tomato juice has been my all time fave from childhood. Especially when eaten with mashed potatoes c(:

@Natasha Mashed potatoes,tomato sauce and some meat.Common meal here.

As kid I would grab potato directly from plant in garden just wash it and eat it .I loved it.But nothing beats watermelon for that adventure haha.

Top fruits to steal as kid.Grapes,peaches haha fun times.Thanks for reminding me.

Edited by Zeroguy

3 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

3 Celery,garlic,onion,apple,broccoli

ANTIOKSIDANT1.jpg

Never juiced onion and garlic before...gonna try c(: