Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Covid Anxiety

42 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Roy said:

It has nothing to do with paranoia. It's simply a good idea to utilize this convenient technology to satisfy our need for communication during a time when our regular amount of constant face to face interaction is not a good idea. This isn't a joke, millions of people are dying and suffering, and to suggest it's a "scam" or a "hoax" makes it seem like you are psychopathically disconnected from reality. The fear doesn't exist just for shits and giggles.

Right now you are a child @Village, when what you need to be is an adult.

>Says I'm disconnected from reality

>Sends more news, which are purposefully made to manipulate your sense of reality

You need to stop believing everything you read or watch online, personally I'd recommend to avoid news altogether.

57lert.jpg

57lep9.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 24/04/2021 at 6:32 AM, Preety_India said:

I don't know how to calm myself. 

Comedy!

Watch some funny movie or somethin.

I'm not friendly.

On 28/04/2021 at 0:00 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Didn't you make a post about this a couple weeks or so ago? 

Not at all. 

Why does it matter to you?

Edited by Preety_India

On 30/04/2021 at 4:03 AM, Evil Raccoon said:

Comedy!

Watch some funny movie or somethin.

I tried doing that. 

But it doesn't work 

If you are afraid of covid, your immune system is automatically weaker because mind and body belongs together so you should not be afraid cause
the chances that you get covid then are higher because of your psyche, your body is more sensitive and if you get it, you are more likely to have a bad course of covid. So the best thing to do is don't think about covid all the time and focus your mind on thinks you love instead and meditate and whatever is doing good for you so are less likely to get it.

But I think the issues are deeper or come from somewhere else, otherwise you couldn't be so afraid of covid. Most people I know are not even afraid a tiny bit of covid eventhough they don't deny it exists.

25 minutes ago, JJfromSwitzerland said:

But I think the issues are deeper or come from somewhere else,

Can you explain this?

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Can you explain this?

I think your anxiety of covid is deeper - some other unsolved issue within you, it just manifests now in the anxiety of covid. Since I don't know you, I can't tell you what it is but it is not normal that you have so much anxiety of covid unless you are a risk patient

36 minutes ago, JJfromSwitzerland said:

I think your anxiety of covid is deeper - some other unsolved issue within you, it just manifests now in the anxiety of covid. Since I don't know you, I can't tell you what it is but it is not normal that you have so much anxiety of covid unless you are a risk patient

I have low immunity. I easily fall sick. 

10 hours ago, JJfromSwitzerland said:

you should not be afraid cause
the chances that you get covid then are higher because of your psyche

It's the opposite.

Because of that fear she will expose herself to less risk which will decrease the chances. If that fear didn't serve an useful purpose it wouldn't exist. 

Unless you're a psychopath that thinks believing that covid is a threat makes it one. 

@Opo So basically you wanna tell me that this hyper anxiety that Preety is suffering which brings suffering for her life is better than not
being afraid of covid?

Yes, I think the more you are afraid of something, the higher are your chances are to get it because you only get a strong immune system by
exposing your body to certain things - especially as a child. This is also what the covid vaccine does - it gives you a mild form of the virus.

You can still get covid with a strong immune system and no anxiety of it but you are less likely to have a bad case of covid.

I have a hypothesis: since covid can't survive well in hot weather, just drink lots of hot water and breathe in lots of warm air and you will defeat/stay away from covid.

We obtained half lives of between 1.7 and 2.7 days at 20 °C, reducing to a few hours when temperature was elevated to 40 °C.

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12985-020-01418-7

At 20 °C, infectious SARS-CoV-2 virus was still detectable after 28 days post inoculation, for all non-porous surfaces tested (glass, polymer note, stainless steel, vinyl and paper notes).

At 40 °C, virus recovery was significantly reduced compared to both 20 °C and 30 °C experiments. Infectious SARS-CoV-2 was not recovered past 24 h for cotton cloth and 48 h for all remaining surfaces tested.

Just remember, stay warm is impt. Don't go into cold air-conditioned ward if you get it.

Edited by hyruga

8 hours ago, JJfromSwitzerland said:

@Opo So basically you wanna tell me that this hyper anxiety that Preety is suffering which brings suffering for her life is better than not
being afraid of covid?

No I never said that. 

I'm saying that fear is not 100% useless. 

I'm glad that I'm afraid of heights. If I wasn't I would have jumped out of the window by now just to see what it's like. 

8 hours ago, JJfromSwitzerland said:

@Opo Yes, I think the more you are afraid of something, the higher are your chances are to get it because you only get a strong immune system by

exposing your body to certain things - especially as a child. This is also what the covid vaccine does - it gives you a mild form of the virus.

While the fear drops your immunity so if 2 identical persons got covid and one was stressing out for a month before. The one who was stressing out would end up worse. 

But that is assuming that you will 100% get corona which is not the case. 

There are a lot of basic things you can do to reduce your chances of getting it like wearing a mask or washing your hands. 

The person who has no fear won't do that and the fearful person will. 

If the person with stronger immunity gets it and the other person doesn't that means the fear was useful and that's why it exists. 

This is a new type of vaccine that doesn't work like that. 

On 5/3/2021 at 4:43 AM, Opo said:

It's the opposite.

Because of that fear she will expose herself to less risk which will decrease the chances. If that fear didn't serve an useful purpose it wouldn't exist. 

Unless you're a psychopath that thinks believing that covid is a threat makes it one. 

There are a lot of fears that don't serve a useful purpose in situations where people experience them. Most fear is not just useless, it's detrimental to good health, happiness, success in life. Using this logic, I could say: If covid didn't serve a useful purpose, it wouldn't exist.

And someone who thinks believing that covid is a threat makes it one is not a psychopath. Might want to check out the definition of psychopathy.

54 minutes ago, vladorion said:

There are a lot of fears that don't serve a useful purpose in situations where people experience them. Most fear is not just useless, it's detrimental to good health, happiness, success in life. Using this logic, I could say: If covid didn't serve a useful purpose, it wouldn't exist.

And someone who thinks believing that covid is a threat makes it one is not a psychopath. Might want to check out the definition of psychopathy.

exactly, that's what I wanted to say above

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

Lol you're a big du du pants. 

Just now, Opo said:

Lol you're a big du du pants. 

YoU cAlLinG mE a Du dU paNTs iS scIEntIfIcAlLy InaCcUrAtE StAtEmEnt.