Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

Turned off by other people’s drama

16 posts in this topic

The more I’m doing work to embody my greatest actualized self, the less I can bear others I’m related to, my family, and the drama that’s going on.

They have such poor emotional control, and their lives, as well as the lives of others around me for whom I’m not related to, is all about survival, angry drama and gossip.

There are pigs rolling around in mud, and then there are the eagles soaring high.

I no longer take their advice about careers or of anything, it’s all lowest common denominator survival oriented advice and not at all about how to self actualize.

Just looking for some solidarity.

''To be happy we must not be too concerned with others''.

Albert Camus

And, is this what life is about? Surviving by an 9-5 job that makes you dream of the weekends and retirement? Getting married to someone you argue with, then having children for which are resentful of you despite you having thrown thousands of dollars at them in expensive gadgetry? Because that’s the life my relative and family are living. The Western materialist existence is a soulless existence.

39F9A371-0EDC-4662-BA5C-9C0750C9DE46.jpeg

Albert Camus

6 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

😂 Mailed a bomb to your boss. I love this image. 

Well yes i am surrounded by this my whole life. It used to bother me now i just feel usually joy and let them do the same things they were doing. What i noticed is that when i feel joyous my joy spreads. If i can help someone i will. If someone don't care i am not even going to give it any thought. I just need to make some money to not keep getting dragged down to the global misery. 

Posted (edited)

yes, the path to self-actualization will certainly make you less interested in trivial shit, but it is still important to also have humility and empathy for those who are not on the road... otherwise, when the inevitable backlashes happen, and you engage in drama or lose emotional control or step outside of your idealized value system in some other way, you will end up judging yourself and create an incredible amount of suffering for yourself, which will only further dig you into a ditch. 

The more you lean into this work, the more you realize that that which triggers you is actually a facet of your shadow that has yet to be integrated. Acceptance of and deep, honest inquiry into this shadow is truly one of the most crucial practices. If you find yourself being judgemental of the "pigs rolling in the mud" or some ideology or whatever, that should be a red flag for you that there is a deficit in self-acceptance. 

Also, as long as you are gonna live (in this form at least), you will have no choice but to satisfy your survival needs. You can't deny survival needs. the key is to transcend and include. Without satisfying them first, you will never be able to transcend them. 

Edited by louhad

16 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

😂 Mailed a bomb to your boss. I love this image. 

Mailing explosives to your employer is the mark of a self actualized person.

Albert Camus

Try to stay away from people who don't resonate with your authentic self 

They will pull you in different directions. They are distraction. 

INTP loner..... Live a Roman.  Die a Roman...... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream. Love it. (I'm more Roman than you'll ever be ) only guys with zero ego and zero passive aggressive can talk to me, rest need not bother 

Preety preety

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Try to stay away from people who don't resonate with your authentic self 

They will pull you in different directions. They are distraction. 

The people I was talking about was my immediate and distant family.

I'm not obliged to talk with these people, I do it because I do genuinely like these people. What I'm complaining about is the distance between someone perusing higher end goals and those stuck in survival drama.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

Albert Camus

@Husseinisdoingfine yes. You'll need to distance yourself from them. 

Sometimes our families are our biggest obstacles.. 

INTP loner..... Live a Roman.  Die a Roman...... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream. Love it. (I'm more Roman than you'll ever be ) only guys with zero ego and zero passive aggressive can talk to me, rest need not bother 

Preety preety

34 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

This Chad guy seems to be stuck in the Paleolithic era.

Also survival is not all bad. It's the base. 

Spirituality is the crown. 

Preety preety

37 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Just looking for some solidarity.

Right now you are in phase where you are oriented inwards, which is great and necessary to make internal progress. Keep it up! In order to self-actualize you of course gotta fix yourself and work on all your own stuff before you go back to orienting outwards where the world can benefit from the person you become, and the work that you do.

The trap you need to watch out for which I think you're falling into with your language here is distracting yourself from making more authentic progress by criticizing, judging, and demonizing others for not doing what you're doing. 

Notice how this makes you feel emotionally (resentful, frustrated, etc), and also notice how you're creating a separation. They are "pigs in mud" and you are "an eagle soaring".

Of course this separation is a selfish illusion that must collapse if you want to not be limited in your improvement, as you and them are both apart of the same reality.  

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him."

10 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The people I was talking about was my immediate and distant family.

I'm not obliged to talk with these people, I do it because I do genuinely like these people. What I'm complaining about is the distance between someone perusing higher end goals and those stuck in survival drama.

Seems like you have luxury problems good for you. 

If you don't want something anymore in your life it's good to not focus on it, to not give it attention

@Husseinisdoingfine one goal of self-development is to be non-judgemental towards yourself or others, no matter what level they're at or who they are.  The other point is that if you're affected by drama, then you are part of the drama.

Consiousness is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.