modmyth

AUTOCREATE: Reference Material

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

VISUAL ARTS: I have been going through a massive amount of resources lately on Youtube; this is mainly going to be a compilation of the best ones (whatever I find the most useful or pertinent at the moment) which I will likely rewatch.

I started with this one, which I found informative. I also watched the other videos in the series, but this was definitely my favourite.

Edited by modmyth

Posted (edited)

ANATOMY BRUSHUP: It's been about 5ish years since I've studied this topic seriously, most of what I know here needs a serious brushup. Finally, I'm getting around to it now. At the moment, I'm really enjoying these ones here. I'm not sure how the ones at Proko will hold up, most of the anatomy I studied was at New Masters Academy (a subscription-based website) and it takes a much slower pace.

All 12 of them (I'm about 1/3 of the way through).

Most of these are really concise and well explained; I appreciate that. Mostly I will know this anyways, but you often pick up new things and are reminded of other details which have receded from regular use, for whatever reason.

As a general rule, I'm much better at body parts that are usually visible (like the head, limbs (including the hands, neck, but even the feet), but tend to feel much more uncertain about body parts that are less visible like pretty much any part of the torso (back/shoulders/ stomach). That's generally an issue because you do have to know the torso well enough even if you draw clothes over it. Better than you might expect initially with drawing experience.

EDIT: I figured out how to just post the whole playlist for the series, haha.

Duly noted: this isn't by any means thorough, but a decent intro and a good brushup.

I did pick up a couple things from this series.

Edited by modmyth

@modmyth this one looks quite interesting.  You dug up good things lol. 

INTP loner..... Live a Roman.  Die a Roman...... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream. Love it. (I'm more Roman than you'll ever be ) only guys with zero ego and zero passive aggressive can talk to me, rest need not bother 

Preety preety