5-D - L O V E

Ego is God

24 posts in this topic

In many of my meditations I arrive at the same simple conclusion, that God and Ego are ultimately one in the same, and that all attempts of me purifying my ego (purity according to some third party ideal; "spiritual", philosophical, moral..) are a form of self-deception and that me being as raw and crude as I can be as long as it is honest and conscious would be the fastest way to the embodiment of enlightenment.

Any thoughts on this idea?

There is something to be said for being genuine and dancing one’s dance. I wasted a lot of time in temples pretending to be spiritual.

Yet this mindset can also be used by the ego to maintain narrative control and avoid surrendering.

Technically rape is God as well.

Also

Technically a really healthy relationship is also God.

I would be willing to bet you’d have different reactions to those two examples though. You know - Despite them and everything else being God.

Yes the ego is God. But can you see how it is also the Devil? It is also just a story. It is also non-existent. 

If seeing your ego as God gives a more loving perspective - so be it. It does feel good to know that our own character is ‘crafted out of the holy love of God.’

But it can also be a MASSIVE ego trap - because you’re literally saying you’re God.

So know what your saying and do not stop self development or any work because you realize that your ego is, like literally everything else, God.

20 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Yet this mindset can also be used by the ego to maintain narrative control and avoid surrendering.

15 minutes ago, mw711 said:

But it can also be a MASSIVE ego trap - because you’re literally saying you’re God.

So know what your saying and do not stop self development or any work because you realize that your ego is, like literally everything else, God.

I genuinely feel that God is actively pushing me to be "anti spiritual", to live a life which is more ego based, I feel that my spiritual journey consists in building an ego instead of dissolving the ego I have more than I did in the past.

I choose the phrase "building an ego" over "building a healthy self" consciously because I've used the latter as a means of self deception in the past.

Sounds like the perfect excuse to stay a devil.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

24 minutes ago, 5-D - L O V E said:

I genuinely feel that God is actively pushing me to be "anti spiritual", to live a life which is more ego based, I feel that my spiritual journey consists in building an ego instead of dissolving the ego I have more than I did in the past.

I choose the phrase "building an ego" over "building a healthy self" consciously because I've used the latter as a means of self deception in the past.

Sounds like rationalization and desire for mental control.

If you want to pursue your desires, be genuine and go for it. Why add in an extra story about some god wanting you to be anti spiritual and build your ego? 

@Leo Gura The more consciousness work I do, the more light permeates into me, but the more devilish I seem to become with the overall result of me integrating neither in the end. 

The only logical conclusion I've reached is what I stated above. 

I know this for fact; as long as one is physically alive, there is an ego present, absolute ego dissolution means death (and both, i.e ego dissolution and death are illusions because the ego is illusory to begin with). 

I don't know what it means to live from consciousness because I've never done it without being deluded (atleast, this is how I percieve my past experience).

I feel like I'm having to do things in reverse, I've never had much of an ego and this made me miss on a lot of experiences in life (grew up WAY too passive due to where and how I was raised..), and I haven't found a way to accept or cope with the regret and resentment, I feel like I've cheated myself, I've had some amazing and mind shattering experiences but still, those don't seem to compensate for the simple (ego based) stuff. 

God created ego. 

Don't befriend your ego. Don't love it. Don't hate it. Just become conscious of its patterns. Transcend it.

Here's a good vid: 

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

The ego is not something you should generally be content with. It's an aberrant pattern that you should watch closely to see its illusory nature. It is the ruminator; judger; blamer; delayer of happiness. It's the program that seems to drive you away from just "being your self." You know when a pattern is beyond ego when it is all-forgiving.

Edited by The0Self

A cool thought came to mind:

'Ego is the tendency to get in your own way.'

17 hours ago, 5-D - L O V E said:

In many of my meditations I arrive at the same simple conclusion, that God and Ego are ultimately one in the same, and that all attempts of me purifying my ego (purity according to some third party ideal; "spiritual", philosophical, moral..) are a form of self-deception and that me being as raw and crude as I can be as long as it is honest and conscious would be the fastest way to the embodiment of enlightenment.

Any thoughts on this idea?

I think it's hard to tell. Not only are all people different, but we're all trying to find out the truth for ourselves. We run into problems of whether we believe or don't believe what other people say. 

I've tried doing meditations where I give up any method, and I just sit with the single minded intention to find truth, as best I can. I usually end up being distracted, things get intense and I'm distracted. I was hoping to enter non-dual realms. 

What instead came up was lots of my unconscious and primitiveness. Journalling then later, I came to the insight or idea that I'm supposed to live "unrestrained". That I always have the freedom to respond and act as I want. It was no progress towards enlightenment or the such however, unfortunately. I got somewhat of a more non-verbal understanding of my ego though. The image of it in my mind is one of crushing/constriction, and catharsis. 

I don't know what to do with my ego. I just get the urge and temptation to crush. I just end up finding myself being more and more animal than I thought. And then I realise I need to discard all notions of animal vs civilised. 

I'll try meditating like that again and again though. Just need to get better at not taking the bait of my thinking. 
--
@Leo Gura makes good point, convenient excuse to remain a devil. My first impulse was to just reply to this thread with "If you say so" lmao 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

13 hours ago, ivankiss said:

A cool thought came to mind:

'Ego is the tendency to get in your own way.'

That thought must almost have come from Alan Watts' soul ?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

So let's say your 'Ego is God', what are you going to do about it, Mr Ego-God?

Suggest you go take up a major in Psychology or just read more about the Ego (those by Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung, not just those written by spiritual gurus).

Edited by hyruga

Okay I acknoledge that I'm having a distorted and skewed vision of reality. And that actually my logic and feelings towards this matter are mostly emerging from a place of lack and neediness (in the most general sense) in my ego.

I'm starting to understand the amount and quality of shadow work and meditation I need to do to transcend this.

But still (I know that the following question still stems from the same initial part of my ego, but I feel like I need to have a deeper understanding of this for my own integration), how worthy is it (from an overall "wellbeing" sense) to chase and go towards ego driven goals ? and why some people seem to do it with way more ease than others ? (or is this later question also a mis-interpretation of events maybe? )

4 hours ago, 5-D - L O V E said:

Okay I acknoledge that I'm having a distorted and skewed vision of reality. And that actually my logic and feelings towards this matter are mostly emerging from a place of lack and neediness (in the most general sense) in my ego.

I'm starting to understand the amount and quality of shadow work and meditation I need to do to transcend this.

But still (I know that the following question still stems from the same initial part of my ego, but I feel like I need to have a deeper understanding of this for my own integration), how worthy is it (from an overall "wellbeing" sense) to chase and go towards ego driven goals ? and why some people seem to do it with way more ease than others ? (or is this later question also a mis-interpretation of events maybe? )

My friend, everyone here talking against the ego here is doing it motivated almost entirely by their ego. Mw711 had a good response here. EVERYTHING is God. Of course the ego is included in that. To focus on dissolving the ego is ultimately a goal of the ego. If you’re feeling the need to get some materialistic or “lower” activities out of the way, that’s your intuition and your desire. Explore it. You don’t have to stop spiritual practice to do so though. We were not put here by Absolute Perfection in an Infinitely Intelligent design to deconstruct it and run from it 100% of the time. Have some worldly experiences. Learn what there is to be learned from the human experience which is mediated by a survival-focused ego. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if at the end of this life where I tried my best to become directly conscious of God that I realize “SHIT! I’ve always been God, and I just ruined my first vacation in a while trying to do more work ?”

But really, follow your own heart. It will generally create an outcome far better for yourself and others rather than submitting to all the different “shoulds” you hear people telling you throughout life. It’s your journey. Go where you’d like to go, and see the things you’d like to see.  But all of this I typed here was just another set of “shoulds” from someone who isn’t yourself. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

It seems from what I read that our mind are ruled by 3 domains.

First domain is your instincts. Second, it is your realistic mind (Oh come on, you can't do this etc). Third, it is your moral compass (Oh one should be respectful to seniors etc). You need to be balanced in all three domains.

Edited by hyruga

@5-D - L O V E Ego is lack of God. Ego is being created by Evolution to experience at certain level this state of ultimate division. Human ego is extremely powerful and sophisticated. You have probably experienced or still experiencing ego dressed up like an observer. When I realised this for the first time I was truly suprised. But it's still a fiction. First You must realise what ego is. It's just a very powerful, fictional simulation of divided reality made for You to discover finally Your True Nature through path of experiencing suffering as a lack of Unity. That's all.

Ego is Non Existent.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.