Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim R

Wwyd if you knew how short you life was?

17 posts in this topic

What would you do? 

Would you keep working on your life purpose? Would you live a hedonistic life? Would you meditate more? Would you leave society and become a hermit? Would you become a monk/nun?  Would you travel the world? Would you love other people more? Or would you simply go on living? 

This is actually something to really think about. Because your life will end, only you don't know when. Today might be your last day on earth, literally. Are you conscious of that? Do you act/live like you know it? Or are you in denial about this fact?... most people are, including me. 

Looking forward to your answers. Maybe this thread can spark some inspiration and motivationxD 

Short? This is the longest thing I've ever done! xD

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Nothing will change. You already know it. You already know that you gonna die and you don't seem to give a fuck about it. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nothing will change. You already know it. You already know that you gonna die and you don't seem to give a fuck about it. 

To know it and to really become conciouss of it, are to different things

It is mostly a fun topic to think about what you would do if you have 6 months to live or so. That is why there is the bucket list. 

If you die and you have still money as a single then you lost the game :)

Quit my job,  do what I always wanted, try all foods and drugs, travel in my own way, seek enlightenment, pickup hot girls i never had the balls to...

And take lsd when I feel my death is coming.

1 hour ago, eliasvelez said:

To know it and to really become conciouss of it, are to different things

Nah its the same thing. We all know we're gonna die.. and if you keep reflecting on  it you will drive yourself crazy . So you forget about it completely until you literally kinda stop believing in it.. So that you can continue living your life. 

And btw.. Death is completely uncertain. Nothing is certain aside from the present moment. So no one actually knows if life is short or gonna die. How about this? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Sometimes I wonder if you all do not pay attention to this forum and what Leo's teachings are all about. Your life is a dream. You (God) are literally immortal. Consciousness goes on for eternity. 

11 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

Sometimes I wonder if you all do not pay attention to this forum and what Leo's teachings are all about. Your life is a dream. You (God) are literally immortal. Consciousness goes on for eternity. 

What do you expect from us gods?

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

What do you expect from us gods?

Singular, not plural. Nonduality = One.

I would write a short letter in blood to my lover saying how much I love him and that I will love him for eternity. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

What would you do? 

Put the death date in my diary. Hey wait up where's my diary now...?

All stories and explanations are false.

39 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

Singular, not plural. Nonduality = One.

There is no difference between singular and plural. Because they are only words. There is no seperation between words.

There was this one teenage girl who had cancer and documented her desease till she died.

If I had a short time to live, I would be SO excited about planning my funeral and picking out my casket and what I wanted planted on my grave. I know just the spot. Ohh... and the poems I'd want read and the music. Best f-ing funeral you ever attended. 

I'd also write a book about enlightenment and living your truth for my kids. And spend time with them obviously. Trip to Hawaii. Would leave some cool hidden shit all over the place for people to find mysteriously for a long time after.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, Epikur said:

There is no difference between singular and plural. Because they are only words. There is no seperation between words.

Of course.

Locked for low quality title.

Clean up your titles.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.