Podie45

I'm Fired - Left confused about the future

10 posts in this topic

I spent the last few years dedicating money, and education on the job I was doing. I even moved to this city mostly to work at that particular job/company. Now I'm fired. It just seems like this isn't the right field for me, but I've wasted so much potential, time, and money on acquiring/keeping this job. I've tried different companies, and it didn't work out.

Now I'm in this city, jobless, wondering what I could do now?

Go back to school, move back with my parents... work minimum wage?

Even if I did work minimum wage, what would that mean for my future? It would be a deadend job, of course, and I would have to be doing something productive while making minimum. Even then, most of my minimum wage opportunities are narrowed down because of fact that I'm far from socially skilled.

I really doubt I have it in me to spend another decade in school for some 100K / year job. I'm not booksmart.

I'm so confused, and at the same time I didn't want any of this. I didn't want to be forced into a society that values money. I would've been fine living a short, wild life as some animal I feel like.

I've been trying freelancing, and it's not working out.

Minimum wage jobs kill my spirit and make me hate my life, and they don't generate nearly enough revenue to be living here or making enough money to invest in trying to start a business, invest or any of that stuff.

Even if it's not a minimum wage job, people find that I don't really do a good job. I'm really the best of a bad situation. All the jobs I've had I'm left feeling useless at the end of the day, dreading going back the next day. Often fired.

I really don't know what to do, is there a light at the end of the tunnel I'm not seeing? Maybe a strategy? Accept my faith as a wage slave working minimum? Should I bite the bullet and do 10 more years of school?

Edited by Podie45

What do you truly want to do, what do you love, what are your passions? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Can you not get another job in the same field?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@mandyjw Honestly, it would be Psychedelics, maybe Nature or Video edition, something like that.

22 hours ago, Podie45 said:

@mandyjw Honestly, it would be Psychedelics, maybe Nature or Video edition, something like that.

That's great! These are definitely emerging trends that need innovation & growth. They're all compatible too.

22 hours ago, Podie45 said:

@mandyjw maybe Nature or Video edition

Try break that down specifically. 

I mean general is good, but with this alone there's probably hundreds of sub sectors, or different business potentials.

I'm same man I love nature & drugs. All drugs lol. 

Also, just think about how such a tiny fucking % of people are actively following their passion, so there won't be much competition especially in these underdeveloped markets you discussed. 

Edited by Striving for more

@Podie45 It sounds like you should get a life coach. If you are being fired frequently there must be a reason. Do some self reflecting. No you don't need to be a wage slave or do 10 years a school. Though depending on your situation school might be involved. I don't think you need 10 years of school to earn 100K. You just need to be smart about it. I believe in you. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Podie45 maybe get some part time, to cover up expenses & bills and spend the rest of the time thinking about your future, strategising and possibly re-educating yourself. As someone who has gone through the same process, it is worth every hour and all those thousands of dollars I invested in it. 

If you feels stuck, consider buying the LP course or get a life coach as suggested above 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Podie45 What this situation is showing you is that you haven't found your niche in life yet.

Finding your niche is a journey and an ordeal. Don't give up and don't settle for a dead end job. You can get a wage job to hold you over but your eyes must be towards finding your niche, where the work you do fits your values and your talents.

You have to think outside the box. I knew a guy who was a nature hiking guide in Wyoming or Montana. He lived a simple life in mountains and in the summers he would give hiking and canoo tours to tourists.

Find your niche. It doesn't have to be in the city.

I knew another guy who quit Wall Street to travel around the country doing Japanese swordfighting and Zen meditation. He lived and slept out of his van. He made money as a roving massage therapist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When I was fired a year ago, Leo’s video “Life Unfolds In Chapters & Phases” helped me a lot. Check it out. 

Why don’t you go back to post-secondary education ? You are going to be working hard in a minimum wage job anyway, might as well put that time and effort in educating yourself. It also depends on your age and financial situation too of course. I would say don’t be afraid of taking a loan, you can pay it back once you finish your education.

There are many programs which are two to three years long which you can do to get a decent job after. You can do a bachelor’s which then can help you get a job and open new opportunities. You can also study part-time. You should spend more time on university and college websites exploring these possibilities.

While you are studying, you can also shadow or volunteer with the profession you want to go into, just to make sure it is what you want and get starting experience.

On 2021-04-20 at 1:22 PM, Podie45 said:

I'm not booksmart.

You don’t have to be booksmart to do well in university. If you practice questions, memorize the pattern of questions, memorize important stuff, and put in the time and effort you can do it. This even works for arts courses, memorize the format of the essay and some general stuff, and then just practice writing. The people who get the highest grades are not the smarted, they just practice a lot and are self motivated. You’re probably putting more effort in your minimum wage job. 

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb