SolarWarden

How do we love ourselves?

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

the problem is in the trial. you judge parts of yourself, or your life, as wrong, should be or have been otherwise. the foot has to deform to enter the shoe, and therein lies the mistake. it is the shoe that must be tailored to the foot. what is, is, without shame or pride. I say this wise advice when I am unable to carry it out most of the time, because at the end I'm a son of this society. It's difficult to remove conditioning and be free

Maybe It seems difficult because there is a belief that the individual has to recognize THIS.

But when the individual gets out of the way or collapses, there's just clear seeing.

And this doesn't mean all the questions get answered.

It reveals the seeker or the questioner with all of its conditioned beliefs and concepts, was never real. ❤

Nothing actually needs to happen because it's already that way, it just needs to be seen clearly (hence the term Awakening)

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake

I know all that, and I get free my mind by meditating, but then any situation, or though triggers the ego, and you're back in the swamp. It is not only awakening, it is how to learn the way to make the conditioning weaker, understanding how it works. I at least see no other way. 

2 hours ago, Tovius said:

How is this true acceptance aligning with love? Wouldn't leaving be resistance? 

No. Resistance would be desperately avoiding the only right choice - which is leaving. Acceptance would be admitting to yourself that this situation clearly is not healthy for you or the other person involved. Finding safety. Peace.

When someone is abusive towards us; they're actually begging us on a soul level to give them time and space to heal. Because they are not ready for a healthy relationship. They're actually demonstrating us their pain and trauma. Replaying past events from their life. It actually has nothing to do with the one who's being targeted. But that doesn't mean one should stay in that situation. Not at all.

It's easy to use all kinds of spiritual ideas as justification for not having the courage and faith to take proper action. 

I know because I was there, too. I was bullshitting myself daily. Spiritual ego can be sneaky AF. It will come up with whatever reason it takes, just so it could keep its narrative going. I did not want to leave because I was so desperate for 'making it work'. I wanted that relationship so damn bad. Even at the cost of my well-being. My sanity. My values. My truth.

Clearly; that's not what unconditional love is.

Unconditional love is now. I am loving my own heart and healing my own wounds. And hopefully she's doing the same on her own. In a way; we're one now more than ever. Out of sight, but not out of love.

Edited by ivankiss

2 hours ago, Tovius said:

How is this true acceptance aligning with love? Wouldn't leaving be resistance? 

The problem here is, what are we calling here love? or self love? it's all the same ego trap. commitment? acceptance? Friendship?  it is forging a stronger ego identity, which is the main purpose of most people. There is no real love, the only true love is that of emptiness. the rest is the monkey in the tribe. that's why the problem is not simple

@ll Ontology ll Here you just gave a perfect example. you want your movie to be the best it can be. is going around in a circle, madness. the only sensible thing is to turn off the movie, off, freedom. You can make a "better" movie, but it will still be the movie.there is no worse or better, it's only the monkey. you have to turn off completely, it is not easy! we talk about real liberation.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

@VeganAwake

I know all that, and I get free my mind by meditating, but then any situation, or though triggers the ego, and you're back in the swamp. It is not only awakening, it is how to learn the way to make the conditioning weaker, understanding how it works. I at least see no other way. 

But it's only more conditioning that believes there is something wrong with your particular minds conditioning.

There is no right or wrong way to be because only a conditioned thought would say otherwise.

This is freedom from belief and Concepts and conditioning.

Some body minds have lots of friends others don't, some get irritated easily others are very patient. 

You are identifying with that particular body Minds conditioning and taking it to heart.

Are you getting a peek at the freedom that's being pointed to? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

But it's only more conditioning that believes there is something wrong with your particular minds conditioning.

Its wrong as soon as he catches me in his game with force. any conditioning is "bad" if you want to undo it. You cannot live with him because he is strong, he will immerse you in his movie over and over again. transcending it in a lasting way is not simply "waking up", you can wake up and go back to sleep many times a day.

Did this non-dual mind observation and plunged into Love. It seemed mysterious. The only thing that is this mysterious that I know of is Ain-Soph, Parabrahman, Etc. So God is Love.

Would be nice to see more topics about Love on this forum.

17 hours ago, ivankiss said:

No. Resistance would be desperately avoiding the only right choice - which is leaving. Acceptance would be admitting to yourself that this situation clearly is not healthy for you or the other person involved. Finding safety. Peace.

When someone is abusive towards us; they're actually begging us on a soul level to give them time and space to heal. Because they are not ready for a healthy relationship. They're actually demonstrating us their pain and trauma. Replaying past events from their life. It actually has nothing to do with the one who's being targeted. But that doesn't mean one should stay in that situation. Not at all.

It's easy to use all kinds of spiritual ideas as justification for not having the courage and faith to take proper action. 

I know because I was there, too. I was bullshitting myself daily. Spiritual ego can be sneaky AF. It will come up with whatever reason it takes, just so it could keep its narrative going. I did not want to leave because I was so desperate for 'making it work'. I wanted that relationship so damn bad. Even at the cost of my well-being. My sanity. My values. My truth.

Clearly; that's not what unconditional love is.

Unconditional love is now. I am loving my own heart and healing my own wounds. And hopefully she's doing the same on her own. In a way; we're one now more than ever. Out of sight, but not out of love.

Thank you for answering and providing clarity, it is very helpful. 

When you focus on a better feeling thought, that is self-love. There is no outside or secondary component or aspect. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You are the Master Baiter. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

You are the Master Baiter. 

I understand the wording but somehow I see this as a Koan practice.

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

When you focus on a better feeling thought, that is self-love. There is no outside or secondary component or aspect. 

Simple good explanation.

Edited by SolarWarden

On 2021-04-22 at 9:33 PM, SolarWarden said:

And thanks all for your replies!

I did read all your replies and found a nugget of wisdom in every text.

Besides the M.B. thing as it still remains a mystery.