Naviy

Sources Of Information About Intuition

8 posts in this topic

After watching the latest video, I want to get more knowledge about it. Do you know any high quality sources of information about intuition (videos, articles, books, exercises)?

Every Zen / Taoism talk from Alan Watts on YouTube. Probably also his books. He is very enjoyable to read. I got all my intuition knowledge from him. It's insanely inspiring.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Naviy I did a quick search. I typed in "The art of intuition".  and sure enough it comes in book and downloadable PDF format.

Just a quick personal note. Intuition happens when the mind is still. Where it comes from seems to be from somewhere beyond the thinking mind. A place of no-mind. 

May I suggest you don't fill yourself with too much conceptual knowledge about intuition. That could possibly do more damage than good. It seems to be one of those things that it's better to just leave it alone and allow it to happen of it's own doing.  Just the fact that you have consciously put out an invitation for intuition to guide you is all that needs to be done. Can you be open to intuition without thinking about it? This seems to be the key.

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@Naviy

May I suggest you don't fill yourself with too much conceptual knowledge about intuition.

Yes, I aggree with this. I believe that intellectual knowledge cannot help with practical use of intuition. But topic of intuition inspires me. So, I want to get more information for inspiration. 

http://www.dailygood.org/pdf/dg.php?sid=690

http://streetevolution.eu/337/the-art-of-intuition-id17028.pdf

@Naviy Above is some info. that may interest you on the subject.

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not the smartest person in a group of two but one thing I did have since I was very young was the gift of intuition. More so when I was younger. When I had a question about something none material, I would draw a brief -blank mind and within that empty space it would come to me, what path I should follow. It seemed to come from somewhere else and not me per se. I was always a good day dreamer too. Also sometimes my mind would go totally blank if I allowed it. What most people may refer to as "staring off into space".  Something tells me that is fertile ground for intuition and true creativity to manifest.

One of my favorite theoretical physicist, Max Tegmark suggests the universe is like a cd with all the information already recorded onto it.

Physicist David Bohm talked about the implicate-explicate order. An underling field of intelligence that flows below the surface of the mental/physical realm.

Than there's Bentinho who suggests that the source of  inspiration or intuition is infinity. Which rings true with my personal experience of it happening while in that blank space of mind. Could infinity be the source of intuition and true creativity? Is infinity the true map if we can bypass the thinking mind and tap directly into it? Intuition tells me yes.:)

Edited by cetus56

ask for abdul

Edited by Alex4

Intuition can manifest in physical indicators, for me, if something is "resonant", "right", a big "yes", just needs to be heeded, etc; I get chills from my shoulders down my arms. What Leo said about tension blocking intuition gave me a huge personal insight, the only times I've ever been truly bombarded with constant intuitive hits is while dancing (not choreographed)... If you don't dance, consider something like a massage, followed by some distraction free solitude (allowing you to feel it, and how it surfaces for you personally).. 

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired
spelling