Flim

Is God looking down at itself?

4 posts in this topic

So, God is everything and is infinite, me typing this comment right now is God making itself believe it is a "human" in a "room" "typing" on a "computer". This is just one out of an infinte number of perceptions it is creating. So my question is, is God simultaneously observing itself outside of the illusion of itself being a human in another domain?

Haha. No and yes.

Really if you do it then yes.

This is so simple and obvious and it's funny I have to say it: but hey God, hello, yes you,

-- you're God! ???

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

37 minutes ago, Flim said:

is God simultaneously observing itself outside of the illusion of itself being a human in another domain?

"God observing itself" is the strange loop, resolved when the distinctions collapse. Eg between 'God' and 'observing', or this and that 'domain'. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

"The eye with which I see God is the same with which God sees me. My eye and God's eye is one eye, and one sight, and one knowledge, and one love."

The above was written for a sermon by a priest who had true spiritual discernment, Meister Eckhardt in the 1300s.  His sermons hit on truths like this consistently, but of course, the Catholic church threw him out for such heretical ideas. ;)

Edited by Eternity