Someone here

Transcending desires.

49 posts in this topic

I'm going through a desireless phase in my life.. Where I pretty much aim for nothing. Because I see everything as a fleeting experiences that don't bring lasting fulfillment. 

To transcend desire.. Isn't that the Greatest win?
Because You arrive only when you git rid of the idea of the destination..
When you achieve a desire.. It spawns into more desires.. Because when desire is achieved it just multiply.. And you run after them and never arrive. 

Now I'm left with aimless attitude.. 

saying.. what's left now.. if there is nothing to achieve.. 

what's the point of getting out of bed ? what's the point to anything ? what's the point of being ?

if there is nothing to aim for.. there is nothing to build.

do I just have to cry. laugh.. and do all the mundane things like being ?

The only thought of having nothing to deal with makes me neutral sad.

is being the end ? what's left to discover ? what's left to create ?  is it boringness is all that is left ?

I wasn't into this work for not suffering, I was here to improve.. now that I see there is nothing to improve.. what's left inside me ?

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

what's the point to anything

You still have a desire for meaning, no? A desire for transformation over improvement? A desire for desire itself?

All stories and explanations are false.

One more step and you will have completed the circle. You're at 99% meaninglessness. You need that last 1% to see that life is 100% meaningless.

Because when you realizes that EVERYTING is meaningless, you can apply it to "the problem" of meaninglessness itself. And the result of that is:

It doesn't matter that nothing matters. 

And then it's like a game, where you know from the beginning that it doesn't matter a bit, but it is because of that, that you can get fully involved in the game with all your effort. 

What did you want anyway? Did you want it to matter? Did you want it to be serious in the end? 

You're not talking about transcending desire, you're really talking about meaningfulness and nihilism. 

6 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

You still have a desire for meaning, no? A desire for transformation over improvement? A desire for desire itself?

No I'm pretty much done with all forms of seeking.. I see it clearly as illusion . All seeking and desire is pointless like a hamster in a wheel. Now I'm left with mixed feelings of peace.. Emptiness and boredom. 

-Osho

@Tim R its like I feel existence is so pointless. Even if you become a billionaire there is really nothing that significant waiting for you

.. If you have enough food to eat.. What is more money going to do anyways??? What is fucking 3 girls at the bar going to do?? Lol

People are busy chasing after things and I'm just more sensitive to realize it's all bullshit. I'm not disturbed per se.. But I feel like being is all that left. And I don't wanna face the emptiness of being. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But I feel like being is all that left. And I don't wanna face the emptiness of being. 

Yes, being is not only all that is left but also all that was ever there. So you're in the same place where you always were.

What you call "emptiness of being" I think is your search for meaning. Because clearly you find it bleak and boring, aka meaningless. 

I'm pretty sure that this

26 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

is an accurate diagnosis

Your mind is fooling you.

Edited by Tim R

14 hours ago, Tim R said:

What you call "emptiness of being" I think is your search for meaning. Because clearly you find it bleak and boring, aka meaningless

It's basically the idea that there is Nothing to achieve or nothing that is worth striving for. No matter how much you chase stuff.. You end up right back where you started and you never arrive by achieving your desires. As I said when desire is achieved It actually multiply.. It increases. And you you are left with empty hands always. 

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It's basically the idea that there is Nothing to achieve or nothing that is worth striving for.

So what's the problem?  Is there anything to be achieved by making your post? Is there some resolution to 'being left with empty hands always' that's worth striving for? 

14 hours ago, Tim R said:

Yes, being is not only all that is left but also all that was ever there. So you're in the same place where you always were.

^this. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle who said I have a problem? I'm saying that I come to a place where I see the hopelessness of desire and to transcend it. But it does have some nihilistic implications that I'd like to put out there. 

-Osho

@Someone here oh, in that case, great! 

"And I don't wanna face the emptiness of being." seemed like more 'desire', but perhaps I'm mistaken. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Someone here

In the end you get your 'meaning' from your 'senses'. So basically your senses give you meaning on autopilot. As longs as it makes sense emotionally the mind probably will follow with rationalisations. You will play the game basically like everyone else again. Your body allone will give you missions and will punish you if you don't follow up. It's all on autopilot.

There is no separation ;) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Someone here Do you have any addictions or compulsions as such? Can you tolerate boredom or doing nothing?

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Someone here

Use desire, channel it towards Truth. 
The monkey is gonna desire things, but You can guide it towards Yourself, Unconditional Self-Love.
Once reached, then there is no desire other then the desire to be Here, Now, this is real desirelessness.

There is Everything worth striving for. Total Conciousness of what is. Loving blissful creativity. 

Can you be happy with empty hands?
Until you can, I would desire to reach that point. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

3 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Someone here Do you have any addictions or compulsions as such? Can you tolerate boredom or doing nothing?

Addicted to cigarettes. 

No I can't tolerate boredom. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

This is nihilism and when i was nihilistic it wasn't fun at all. All those thoughts are traps. Just transcend those thoughts and enjoy life. Failing to take this step put me 10 steps back. You can be stuck there for a long time or not. 

56 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Do you desire truth? What if boredom is trying to show you what is true? ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Addicted to cigarettes. 

So you will naturally then try to get away from boredom. That's it.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Addicted to cigarettes. 

we stick together!!!xDxDxD

p.s nothing smart to add to this tread.