Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SS10

Is a conservative by nature less conscious?

6 posts in this topic

I've heard Leo say this in a few of his videos, to what extent is this true?

Aren't conservative and liberal highly relative terms?

In 400 years lets say, when we are much more conscious, wouldn't conservatism preserve that society?

However in contemporary politics, can you be a conservative and for instance, be at stage yellow spiral dynamics?

I would like to hear you guys thoughts...

When I was younger I was definitely influenced by Ben Shapiro, JP etc. What I have noticed is that since doing consciousness work I have definitely moved much further to the left.

Most of the times it's true but of course I'd take a healthy conservative over an unhealthy progressive any day of the week. 

55 minutes ago, SS10 said:

Aren't conservative and liberal highly relative terms?

Of course but that doesn’t mean it's useless to model it. 

In 400 years lets say, when we are much more conscious, wouldn't conservatism preserve that society?

We are now much more conscious than 400 years ago. Doesn't mean we stop. 

However in contemporary politics, can you be a conservative and for instance, be at stage yellow spiral dynamics?

Maybe Bret Weinstein he has some reactionary takes. 

When I was younger I was definitely influenced by Ben Shapiro, JP etc. 

I definitely fell for JP's strawmans.

His lectures are probably still great. 

Edited by Opo

13 hours ago, SS10 said:

The only constant is change. To want to 'preserve something' is more egotistical than to want change and expansion! This is why conservatism, as an attitude, is fundamentally less conscious than progressivism. This doesn't mean that it isn't important or needed, in fact.

13 hours ago, SS10 said:

You absolutely can. It's not at all out of the question. There can definitely be a more conscious version of conservatism at Stage Yellow. In fact, it is pretty important that you are able to be a conscious conservative in order to truly create systems for the world that are healthy and sustainable.

Healthy conservatism is all about sustainability, creating long-term sustainable systems. Systems that are strong, resilient but also flexible. Stage Yellow will be flexible. They won't have the problem of rigidity, which Stage Blue hierarchies have. Because they will be more flexible, they will be more resilient overall. The definition of resiliency, if you look it up, will contain strength+flexibility. We have the aspect of strength down but we lack flexibility right now in our systems. Stage Yellow conservatism takes this into account, which is why it can make for much more resilient systems that will hold up against all forms of adversity. Those systems won't be like sand-castles that get washed away by one wave of water, they'll be like a ship with adjustable sails. The adjustable sails represent the flexibility that a system has to change course in the face of adversity or 'strong winds'. That's true conservatism! That's the true potential of conservatism at Stage Yellow.

The current form of conservatism is dogmatic, closed-minded and rigid. This toxifies it. What you need is a healthier form of conservatism that's more flexible to replace this current situation with conservatives.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Left is more conscious than the Right but being above them both and seeing the meta is even more conscious. Leftist tend to engage in endless non-sense debates with Right-wingers and also mocking them, which I dont find very conscious. Leftists on Youtube also especially use alot of "Outrage" clickbait, "Look at this crazy conservative and how stupid he is!". or "Look what the Trumpers did now!"

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@SS10

Yes, given that their cultural conditioning is stronger, and a conformist and collectivist culture (in which conservativism falls under) by nature tends to be more primitive (because it's not innovative).

Collectivism and conformity:

maxresdefault.jpg

Individualist culture:

quote-i-m-a-member-of-no-party-i-have-no

Both have downsides, but to me being able to form your own opinion and break FREE from tribe mentality are such such a progress for our civilization. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia