Leo Gura

Getting My Covid Vaccine

533 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If there is no such correlation then the vaccine does not work.

None of the vaccines contain the Covid virus, unlike traditional vaccines. The side effects are due to the response of the immune system, which is wired differently in each person. With traditional vaccines your theory might be correct, because your body is reacting to a weakened version of the virus, but that's not the case with covid vaccines. Also, I've heard many reports from people who were asymptomatic or had a mild reaction to Covid but had an awful time after getting the vaccine. Maybe there is something to your theory, but that would need to be scientifically researched. 

12 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Farnaby. You didn't get lucky with this one.

I also got my 1st shot of the Pfizer vaccine recently....  it was exactly 7 days ago.

I got a sore arm for 2 days, and very very mild headache few hours after the shot. No fever. But my nose has been running slightly since then and my throat is a tad painful. Seems like my tonsils are a bit inflated. Also I've got a bit of a wet cough.

So perhaps you'll have also these extra symptoms popping up. 

One must say- this Covid virus is a strange one. The variety of potential effect is astonishing.

Yep, not lucky at all. I feel a lot better, although the gut issues persist. I've also noticed a mild need to cough if I inhale deeply. I hope you feel better soon :) 

13 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I'm just scared of the needle that's all.

The needle is barely noticeable. Most people don't feel anything, I felt a little sting but there are many many other things that hurt a lot more that you have probably endured (bee stings, knife cut, touching something that burns). To give you an example, hitting your foot toe against something hurts wayyyy more. The needle is just a one second sting. 

42 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

None of the vaccines contain the Covid virus, unlike traditional vaccines. The side effects are due to the response of the immune system, which is wired differently in each person. With traditional vaccines your theory might be correct, because your body is reacting to a weakened version of the virus, but that's not the case with covid vaccines. Also, I've heard many reports from people who were asymptomatic or had a mild reaction to Covid but had an awful time after getting the vaccine. Maybe there is something to your theory, but that would need to be scientifically researched. 

The whole basis of a vaccine is similarity between the virus and the stuff you got your antibodies from.

If you react poorly to the vaccine, chances are high you will react even worse to Covid.

Of course it's not a perfect correlation, it's gonna be statistical.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

41 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

None of the vaccines contain the Covid virus, unlike traditional vaccines. The side effects are due to the response of the immune system, which is wired differently in each person. With traditional vaccines your theory might be correct, because your body is reacting to a weakened version of the virus, but that's not the case with covid vaccines. 

The mRNA vaccines are literally producing pieces of the virus inside your body.

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Really ?

The mRNA contained in the vaccines codes for the Covid19 spike protein. Any mRNA that enters a cell will cause that cell to produce those spike proteins and place them in their cell membranes.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

The mRNA codes for the Covid19 spike protein. Any mRNA that enters a cell will cause that cell to produce those spike proteins and mount them in their cell membranes.

I see.

INTP loner... .shy girl.. 

Quick access to journal entries

@Leo Gura Agree, but we also have to take into account that our mucous membranes give us another layer of protection against foreign intruders thanks to immune cells that have been "trained" with years of exposure to everything in the air, thus giving us less probability of getting covid. But if we inject the mRNA directly inside our bodies, that layer is bypassed.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The mRNA contained in the vaccines codes for the Covid19 spike protein. Any mRNA that enters a cell will cause that cell to produce those spike proteins and place them in their cell membranes.

Are you saying this is a good or bad thing?  
I’ve heard no bad press about the Pfizer or moderna but a lot of bad press around the others like Astra and Johnson.  I don’t know what is the right choice. 

Just now, Thunder Kiss said:

Are you saying this is a good or bad thing?  

No. It is what it is. There is always a risk.

@Thunder Kiss We have been taking vaccines for literally hundreds of years now. They are generally safe. Safer than a lot of medications that might have nasty side effects. I don't know why people are making a fuss about taking this vaccine.  Vaccines are one of the most amazing medical innovations and are generally very safe. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Posted (edited)

Edited by mememe

The number of cases in the US have now become worst than it was last summer. I fear that the Fall will be even worse because the cold weather will exacerbates the COVID transmission further. Afterwards, we might have another dark winter that's even worse than the dark winter we just went through.:(

Go get vaccinated!

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Posted (edited)

Cognitive deficits in people who have recovered from COVID-19 (Study)

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(21)00324-2/fulltext

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2589537021003242

Frequent neurocognitive deficits after recovery from mild COVID-19 (Study)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33376990/

Can COVID Cause Brain Fog and Cognitive Deficits? - A new study suggests COVID may cause cognitive deficits for some. (Article)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mental-mishaps/202107/can-covid-cause-brain-fog-and-cognitive-deficits

Edited by TheAlchemist

Every perspective has at least a piece of the truth in it.

No one is capable of being 100% wrong.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Information from the CDC on mRNA vaccines.

"New Approach to Vaccines"

"mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine to protect against infectious diseases. To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies."

15 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura I might get vaccinated in few weeks but still needle fear:(

The Covid needle doesn't hurt. I could barely feel it.

I am getting my first shot next week.

But this is a little discouraging :-/

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

2 hours ago, legendary said:

I am getting my first shot next week.

But this is a little discouraging :-/

Yeah, its the same with Moderna (which I got 2 doses), it's disappointing, but with the Hepatitis B vaccine it is a round of 3 injections, so oh well. It is what it is, it hasn't been fda approved yet, but if they approve it I'm sure I'll get the booster. Why not, I'm starting to like my fluffy tail. 😉😂