Leo Gura

Getting My Covid Vaccine

531 posts in this topic

@Farnaby Now try to imagine how the real Covid would have ravaged you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Farnaby said:

Got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine 2 days ago. Was fine that day except for pain at the deltoid. Woke up yesterday with more pain but otherwise fine the next morning. 

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, started feeling worse and worse as if I got hit by a truck. Whole body aching, moderate headache, a little fever, extremely dizzy, nausea, diarrhea. Hadn't been this sick in years. The strongest side effects lasted around 8 hours (until 2am) and started to diminish but my body was still in pain and I had bouts of nausea and diarrhea throughout the night. 

Woke up today feeling better although my stomach still hurts and I'm not completely recovered. 

Not fun at all. Really not looking forward to the second dose, which most people say is usually the tough one...

Scared.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Farnaby said:

Got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine 2 days ago. Was fine that day except for pain at the deltoid. Woke up yesterday with more pain but otherwise fine the next morning. 

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, started feeling worse and worse as if I got hit by a truck. Whole body aching, moderate headache, a little fever, extremely dizzy, nausea, diarrhea. Hadn't been this sick in years. The strongest side effects lasted around 8 hours (until 2am) and started to diminish but my body was still in pain and I had bouts of nausea and diarrhea throughout the night. 

Woke up today feeling better although my stomach still hurts and I'm not completely recovered. 

Not fun at all. Really not looking forward to the second dose, which most people say is usually the tough one...

I had similar effects after my second dose of Pfizer. My first just gave me a mild headache and lethargy for a day. For the second dose, I couldn't get out of bed for 24 hours. I didn't have nausea and diarrhea, but I had all the other symptoms plus a gnarly fever through the night with nightmares.

2 hours ago, Farnaby said:

@Farnaby It might not be as bad as you expect. I took SInovac (since it was the only one available at the time) and everyone who took it had a mild 1st dose and an awful 2nd one. The opposite happened to me-my first dose was a bit of a shitshow and the second one was mild. I've never heard of people having horrible side effects for both doses regardless of vaccine brand. As far as I've seen, it's either mild->shitty or shitty->mild.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Farnaby Now try to imagine how the real Covid would have ravaged you.

As far as I know there's no known correlation between the two. A lot of young people have non-existent/mild symptoms when they get Covid and a pretty strong reaction to the vaccine. That being said, I'm willing to feel like shit for a few days after the vaccine and not run the risk of getting seriously sick of Covid, even if that risk is really low in my age group. 

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Scared.

Didn't want to scare people. I still think that looking at the science and data, it's worth to take the vaccine.

Only wanted to share that not everyone feels "just a little fatigued" after the vaccine. Most people I know felt pretty awful after their 2nd jab, in my case it happened after the 1st one. I'm also a bit skeptical towards the accuracy of the data around side-effects. I can see how many people won't bother oficially reporting their side effects and there may be more people suffering them than we think. However a counter-argument to this is that people who have an adverse reaction to the vaccine are more likely to talk about it than people who were fine. 

4 hours ago, MuadDib said:

I had similar effects after my second dose of Pfizer. My first just gave me a mild headache and lethargy for a day. For the second dose, I couldn't get out of bed for 24 hours. I didn't have nausea and diarrhea, but I had all the other symptoms plus a gnarly fever through the night with nightmares.

I feel ya. Let's hope it was worth it at least.

4 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

@Farnaby It might not be as bad as you expect. I took SInovac (since it was the only one available at the time) and everyone who took it had a mild 1st dose and an awful 2nd one. The opposite happened to me-my first dose was a bit of a shitshow and the second one was mild. I've never heard of people having horrible side effects for both doses regardless of vaccine brand. As far as I've seen, it's either mild->shitty or shitty->mild.

Thank you! That's what I like to believe, I hope you're right. I've read some reports from people who had a pretty awful reaction to both doses though. I'll keep you updated lol

Got the johnson vaccine a week or two ago. M-rna scares me. Flu-like side effects for 2 days, fever fatigue headaches etc. Weird thing was that an hour after the vaccine (before any other side effects) I had a pinching tightness in my left chest (same side as shot) that lasted for a few hours. Then it came again more mildly for two days after in the evening. Now I feel totally find other than I never used to get headaches EVER and now I have gotten a few since the side effects ended.

2 of my family members have now had strokes fairly soon after getting the vaccine. Both had the Pfizer or whatever the 2-round option is. They are 70+ years old female so it's probably not even worth making the connection at that age but just thought I'd share. Again, they're 70+ years...

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

2 of my family members have now had strokes fairly soon after getting the vaccine. Both had the Pfizer or whatever the 2-round option is. They are 70+ years old female so it's probably not even worth making the connection at that age but just thought I'd share. Again, they're 70+ years...

My dad recently had a small stroke and he hasn't taken the vaccine ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Farnaby said:

As far as I know there's no known correlation between the two.

If there is no such correlation then the vaccine does not work.

I'm just scared of the needle that's all.

10 hours ago, Farnaby said:

Not fun at all. 

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Farnaby. You didn't get lucky with this one.

I also got my 1st shot of the Pfizer vaccine recently....  it was exactly 7 days ago.

I got a sore arm for 2 days, and very very mild headache few hours after the shot. No fever. But my nose has been running slightly since then and my throat is a tad painful. Seems like my tonsils are a bit inflated. Also I've got a bit of a wet cough.

So perhaps you'll have also these extra symptoms popping up. 

One must say- this Covid virus is a strange one. The variety of potential effect is astonishing.

11 hours ago, Farnaby said:

Really not looking forward to the second dose, which most people say is usually the tough one...

8 hours ago, MuadDib said:

8 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

Thanks for the info:D

I'm now totally unexcited about that second dose. And shitting my pants like Fanarby. Hahaha

30 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

If it helps, I didn't feel it at all.

I was waiting for the doctor to sting me and he told me it was already done.

He said that after administrating 25 000 vaccines in the last few months , he's reached mastery in the craft. ^_^

Just now, Etherial Cat said:

If it helps, I didn't feel it at all.

I was waiting for the doctor to sting me and he told me it was already done.

He said that after administrating 25 000 vaccines in the last few months , he's reached mastery in the craft. ^_^

Hopefully I don't go through a nightmare.

Just thinking about the needle gives me heart attack.

57 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It's painless. I didn't even notice it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Hopefully I don't go through a nightmare.

Just thinking about the needle gives me heart attack.

I kinda get the same way with anxiety before an injection or having blood drawn. The needles they use for these vaccines are tiny, though. Your thoughts of the needle are way worse than the actual thing.

14 minutes ago, Willie said:

Your thoughts of the needle are way worse than the actual thing.

I agree, last time I had blood drawn, realized I was freaking out but after it was over, it didn't feel it was that bad. The mind turns a cat into a lion.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If there is no such correlation then the vaccine does not work.

None of the vaccines contain the Covid virus, unlike traditional vaccines. The side effects are due to the response of the immune system, which is wired differently in each person. With traditional vaccines your theory might be correct, because your body is reacting to a weakened version of the virus, but that's not the case with covid vaccines. Also, I've heard many reports from people who were asymptomatic or had a mild reaction to Covid but had an awful time after getting the vaccine. Maybe there is something to your theory, but that would need to be scientifically researched. 

12 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Farnaby. You didn't get lucky with this one.

I also got my 1st shot of the Pfizer vaccine recently....  it was exactly 7 days ago.

I got a sore arm for 2 days, and very very mild headache few hours after the shot. No fever. But my nose has been running slightly since then and my throat is a tad painful. Seems like my tonsils are a bit inflated. Also I've got a bit of a wet cough.

So perhaps you'll have also these extra symptoms popping up. 

One must say- this Covid virus is a strange one. The variety of potential effect is astonishing.

Yep, not lucky at all. I feel a lot better, although the gut issues persist. I've also noticed a mild need to cough if I inhale deeply. I hope you feel better soon :) 

13 hours ago, Preety_India said:

The needle is barely noticeable. Most people don't feel anything, I felt a little sting but there are many many other things that hurt a lot more that you have probably endured (bee stings, knife cut, touching something that burns). To give you an example, hitting your foot toe against something hurts wayyyy more. The needle is just a one second sting. 

42 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

None of the vaccines contain the Covid virus, unlike traditional vaccines. The side effects are due to the response of the immune system, which is wired differently in each person. With traditional vaccines your theory might be correct, because your body is reacting to a weakened version of the virus, but that's not the case with covid vaccines. Also, I've heard many reports from people who were asymptomatic or had a mild reaction to Covid but had an awful time after getting the vaccine. Maybe there is something to your theory, but that would need to be scientifically researched. 

The whole basis of a vaccine is similarity between the virus and the stuff you got your antibodies from.

If you react poorly to the vaccine, chances are high you will react even worse to Covid.

Of course it's not a perfect correlation, it's gonna be statistical.

41 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

None of the vaccines contain the Covid virus, unlike traditional vaccines. The side effects are due to the response of the immune system, which is wired differently in each person. With traditional vaccines your theory might be correct, because your body is reacting to a weakened version of the virus, but that's not the case with covid vaccines. 

The mRNA vaccines are literally producing pieces of the virus inside your body.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The mRNA vaccines are literally producing pieces of the virus inside your body.

Really ?