Leo Gura

Getting My Covid Vaccine

531 posts in this topic

I got my first dose of Pfizer/BioNTech 4 hours ago. I will get the next dose after 7 weeks.

I was surprised how little I felt the needle. Barely felt anything. Taking a blood test hurts 10 times more.

I got happy when I heard that I will get the Pfizer/BioNTech one. I think it+Moderna are the best ones.

I'm not feeling anything whatsoever from the shot.

Btw, does anyone know which vaccine Trump and Obama took? I tried googling it but found no info. Super strange.

But at least Biden got Pfizer/BioNTech.

I got my first vaccination a few days ago, no noticeable side effects at all.  Sorry for waiting on it, I was worried about possible side effects (have an autoimmune disease) but decided to get it anyways.  I get the second one in a few weeks.

COVID cases are surging again throughout the entire US! 

The community transmission level has now risen from moderate back to substantial. Also, the medical experts are considering the possibility of having to delay school reopenings in the Fall. Also, California counties have already reinstated the mask mandate. This is truly disheartening and worrisome. :(

Edited by Hardkill

On 13/07/2021 at 1:23 AM, Loba said:

I got my first vaccination a few days ago, no noticeable side effects at all.  Sorry for waiting on it, I was worried about possible side effects (have an autoimmune disease) but decided to get it anyways.  I get the second one in a few weeks.

If you have an autoimmune condition it's not the side effects but not developing antibodies that's a problem. If you take the second shot and develop symptoms like feeling tired you know you have the antibodies. 

Got my 1st jab some time ago and gettin ready for the second one this sunday

Just got my first covid shot of Moderna. 

It was painless and quick. I feel it moving through my system and its not the most pleasant but I am glad to have it. Getting the next when when the time comes. 

I personally haven't felt any fear throughout this whole pandemic because I've been home the whole time. But, I feel better knowing things will hopefully open up more soon...

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Got my 2nd moderna a few days ago. Def has some side effects this time. Sore arm like the 1st time, but also cold sweats and chills at night which wasn't fun. Though seems to have all gone away now.

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I feel it moving through my system and its not the most pleasant

OK I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets this. Wasnt sure if I was imagining this sensation or not. it kinda reminded me a bit of the sensation of drinking and feeling the liquid flowing into your stomach, but less pleasant and significantly more weird.

I'll probably get the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine (could be Moderna too, but usually Pfizer for my age group) next week. Are there any known risks for people with seasonal allergies or heart murmur. I was recently checked by a cardiologist and he said that despite the heart murmur I have a normal/healthy functioning heart. 

I'm probably overthinking this but since I saw so many reports of heart related side effects after the second dose I'd like to know if there is an increased risk.

Got my first dose of Pfizer today. I am feeling a bit tired and my arm is sore, but other than that I am fine. 

I think there's one thing that pro-vaxxers misunderstand and which is:

A person who's against those covid vaccines isn't necessarily against all the vaccines. He's ONLY against these current covid vaccines, which, it's said, cure you of this overblown "virus".

I'm also against. Why? There're a half or dozen of reasons:

* if TV, social media, the heard and even our Leo (!) have begun to pressure others that you get a jab, this makes me even cautious about the decision. And my decision is NO.

* some people, and only some people, may need these vaccines, as imperfects as they are.

* what's the mortality rate of this cerveza virus? 1-2% or so, offficially. In some places higher. But include in it those who recover without making it into the statistics, at home, and it'll become 0.1% or 0.2%.

* and notice the age and health conditions of those who die or recover with difficulty from the virus.

* In any situation when there's a choice of "get a medicine, pill or vaccine, or not", and when there's NO urgent need to do so, I'll always reject a medicine, pill or vaccine. And here, for those who are relatively young, with good heath and such, there's no need. My opinion.

* I've taken vaccines against rabies and tetanus. What's the mortality rate of those? Around 100%!!! This s 100 times or so higher than from the cerveza virus!
  And how long the vaccines against rabies and tetanus have been around? I don't know, but probably 10 or tens of years! You see the difference?  Tens of years and almost 100% mortality rate! Compare it with the cerveza virus and its vaccines.

* Why do the govenments and social media censor some, if not most, of the information about the side-effects and deaths from these covid vaccines? The fully vaccinated people have been dying too.

If the governments and doctors are so confident in the vaccines, why do they censor some of such information which are facts? Doesn't it tell you something?

* How do you even verify those mortality rates and high numbers of infections? How? They go up with a government of a curtain country needs something from people - to scare them more. Then they go down. Then they go up again. There's little to no correlation with effecasy of "safe measures".

I won't be sirprised to find out later that 90% of them are fake. Yes, people die, yes, some recover with difficulaties. So what? There's no and has never been blood on the streets, nor people collapsing on the streets, nor whole familiar dying off.

* A real pandemic needs no advertisiment. This scandemic, of the other hand, is constantly advertized. Otherwise people won't know *when* and and *how much* they should fear .

* So called "safety measures".  Rather they're anectodal idiotic measures that have never helped anywhere. I've never followed them.  The governments want to do something, and therefore they do something, in order to show people that they care somehow about them.

* Compare the deaths of the cerveza virus  with the ones of other deseases. The deaths from other deases and viruses  have been happening for donkey's years, yet they go almost unnoticied. Why?

* So much disinformation and lie. So much fearmongering. Alarmists... "we'll all die. Vaccine is the only solution. Vaccine! Take a jab! Aaaaaaaaa!! Panic! Panic! Wear your muzzle".

Dude, take your vaccine and muzzle and be happy with them youself. And don't push them onto others. You can't know what's better for others. Otherwise one day you may find yourself bitten up by those who you push to.

* Guys, don't listen to TV, social media, big newspapers. Think with your own head. Listen to independent doctors.

* And I never wear a muzzle, unless I need to enter a shop or airport. And only because otherwise they won't allow me to enter. I mean, a cloth on the face that's deemed to protect you. But my experience manifests the opposite -- no difference between muzzle vs no muzzle at all.

* If you have shit and fear about apocalipsis in YOUR head -- keep it for YOUSELF! Your head -- your fears! Don't share it with others. Wear your masks and get a vaccine for yourself.

---

update

Some people forget that it won't be only 1-2 jabs and that's it, done. No. The virus mutates and it's already a question whether or not the current vaccines are capable of copping with the new mutations. If tomorrow there appears yet another mutation and what'll you do? And then yet another?

Therefore, it'll be 1-2 jabs every 6-12 months for N years. Or may be till the end of your life? This will depend on the agendas of doctors and governements.

Are you kidding me when you say  "it's just a vaccine! It's for your own good" ? In this respect, it's similar to a heavy drug.

Edited by rnd

@rnd I'm also quite cautious about the covid vaxx, check my profile for the thread commenting on Leo's "Social Matrix" video. It's a thread that has been locked by Leo and it seems like an anti-vaxx perspective.

Overall though, I'm in a non-biased, neutral position and I like looking at both sides of the coin. Currently I'm not vaccinated.

58 minutes ago, rnd said:

* if TV, social media, the heard and even our Leo (!) have begun to pressure others that you get a jab, this makes me even cautious about the decision. And my decision is NO.

I keep hearing this from the anti-covid vaxxers. I get it, it makes people cautious because they keep pushing it on the news. But from a non-biased point of view, it doesn't really make any sense to me why. They push it because we're in a pandemic and they need everyone to take it to achieve herd-immunity? From the anti-vaxx perspective it seems like they believe they only push it because they're desperate for money and they want to bring forth the New World Order and control the population with 5G or some shit. Sort of seems like some deception going on here.. I'm open to both sides though of course.

1 hour ago, rnd said:

* I've taken vaccines against rabies and tetanus. What's the mortality rate of those? Around 100%!!! This s 100 times or so higher than from the cerveza virus!

I definitely agree with the argument that the covid virus only has a 2% mortality rate and so with that information it doesn't seem like its worth the potential side effects of the vaccine.

But the pro-vaxxer's argument is that this virus could mutate into a more dangerous variant if many decide to go unvaccinated. Basically the current vaccine is meant to build immunity against the current, less deadly form of the virus so that it dies off and doesn't mutate. If many are left unvaccinated then more deadly mutations would lead to us needing a stronger vaxx?

1 hour ago, rnd said:

* Why do the govenments and social media censor some, if not most, of the information about the side-effects and deaths from these covid vaccines? The fully vaccinated people have been dying too.

If the governments and doctors are so confident in the vaccines, why do they censor some of such information which are facts? Doesn't it tell you something?

I definitely question this too but, millions have taken the vaccine already and it seems like only a couple thousand had died or had some adverse effects because of the vaxx. But I'd say its because they need to achieve the herd-immunity? Why report or fearmonger the people about rare side-effects? That would only cause more vaccine hesitancy and push their goal of herd-immunity further away.

1 hour ago, rnd said:

* Compare the deaths of the cerveza virus  with the ones of other deseases. The deaths from other deases and viruses  have been happening for donkey's years, yet they go almost unnoticied. Why?

I hear this one a lot too. People say things like suicide or smoking causes more deaths but suicide and smoking isn't on the news. To me its like, um.. Suicide isn't a virus that transmissible among humans.

I think its more about how easily and how highly transmissible the virus is. Covid could be spread through a single cough, but other diseases are harder to spread. Like HIV only spreads from blood to blood contact.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, rnd said:

I think there's one thing that pro-vaxxers misunderstand and which is:

A person who's against those covid vaccines isn't necessarily against all the vaccines. He's ONLY against these current covid vaccines, which, it's said, cure you of this overblown "virus".

I'm also against. Why? There're a half or dozen of reasons:

* some people, and only some people, may need these vaccines, as imperfects as they are.

* what's the mortality rate of this cerveza virus? 1-2% or so, offficially. In some places higher. But include in it those who recover without making it into the statistics, at home, and it'll become 0.1% or 0.2%.

* and notice the age and health conditions of those who die or recover with difficulty from the virus.

* In any situation when there's a choice of "get a medicine, pill or vaccine, or not", and when there's NO urgent need to do so, I'll always reject a medicine, pill or vaccine. And here, for those who are relatively young, with good heath and such, there's no need. My opinion.

And how long the vaccines against rabies and tetanus have been around? I don't know, but probably 10 or tens of years! You see the difference?  Tens of years and almost 100% mortality rate! Compare it with the cerveza virus and its vaccines.

* How do you even verify those mortality rates and high numbers of infections? How? They go up with a government of a cirtain country needs something from people. Then they go down. Then they go up again.

I won't be sirprised to find out later that 90% of them are fake. Yes, people die, yes, some recover with difficulaties. So what? There's no and has never been blood on the streets, neither people collapsing on the streets. A real pandemic needs no advertisiment!

* So much disinformation and lie. So much fearmongering. Alarmists... "we'll all die. Vaccine is the only solution. Vaccine! Take a jab! Ahhhhaaaahaha. Wear your muzzle". Take your vaccine and be happy with it youself. And don't push it onto others. Otherwise one day you may find yourself bitten up by those who your push a vaccine to.

* Guys, don't listen to TV, social media, big newspapers. Think with your own head. Listen to independent doctors.

* And I never wear a muzzle, unless I need to enter a shop or airport. And only because otherwise they won't allow me to enter. I mean, a cloth on the face that's deemed to protect you. But my experience manifests the opposite -- no difference between muzzle vs no muzzle at all.

* If you have shit and fear about apocalipsis in YOUR head -- keep it for YOUSELF! Your head -- your fears! Don't share it with others. Wear your masks and get a vaccine for yourself.

Look. You can go out on a camping trip in midst of a current wildfire, despite warnings and fear from other people who choose not to go on camping during a wildfire. Is it recommended to do so? Absolutly not. Can you do it any way and survive? Yes, yes you can. As long as the winds are not blowing in your direction where you have decide to put up your tent.

The same goes for this virus. You can avoid it, and you may not be deadly sick if you are lucky. But it's playing dice with not only your life and health, but with others life indirectly by being a potential spreader.

Just look what is happening in India. They are probably one of the most tolerant people of bacteria and viruses in general, as they have a culture where they embrace and live close to everything that may carry with it, bacteria and viruses. A westerner in comparison, could probably not engage on the level as a native in india can with their cultural doings where they are expossed with a hightened bacterial environment as in comparrison with western culture in general. And despite Indias innate resistance to higer bacterial expossure on a daily. They are now having a increasingly growing problem with covid, and a now also a mutation of this virus.

So it's easy to say that this covid wildfire is of no problem, if you live in a 1st world country where you are at a lesser risk of expossure in the firstplace. But that itself doesn't explain away, the growing problem that takes place all around the world right now.

Lah-lah-lah-lah-lah-lah-lah .... I don't hear you..... I mean, I don't read.... :D

Whether you agree or disagree. What I've said above is enough :)

9 hours ago, rnd said:

Who's to say that the next mutant does not have a significantly higher mortality rate?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I have nothing against vaccines and got my second Moderna shot back on April, but one should take into consideration that the idea that the unvaccinated aren't necessarily harming people, that the virus is most likely to mutant among the vaccinated group, because it will be looking for ways to adapt to the vaccine. An organism will take the path of least resistance unless it has to adapt for some reason, it's basic science. If an invader comes upon force, it will look for tactics to try to get past the defenses. Plain, basic law of nature and evolution. If the virus is getting killed by the vaccine, it's among the vaccinated new strains will emerge.

I believe the virus is here to stay, and as a society we will have to learn to accept it and get on with life, and I just have to say, I am done with masks and will not spend the rest of my life with a mask on. I don't care what any progressives think about it. It's not going to happen. I think it's a form of psychological abuse to expect that out of an entire planet, to expect kids in masks at school all day long, forever? For the next 100 years? No. Just no.  I will not comply. My kids will not comply.  I'll take natural selection and take my chances. 

You do realize doing that would just make the immune system less able to defend itself over time and we'd end up with the same problem. If you don't use it, you're going to lose it. It's the same reason people in third world countries tend to have much more hardy immune systems that can withstand the garbage they have to eat and drink compared to modern countries.  In the end, natural selection is going to win out at least until we get the technology to play God and re-write the rules, which will come in time.

Edited by sholomar

2 hours ago, sholomar said:

I am done with masks and will not spend the rest of my life with a mask on. I don't care what any progressives think about it. It's not going to happen. I think it's a form of psychological abuse to expect that out of an entire planet, to expect kids in masks at school all day long, forever? For the next 100 years? No. Just no.  I will not comply. My kids will not comply.  I'll take natural selection and take my chances. 

You gonna live in the woods? 

Or are you gonna tell the cops that you're a 'free inhabitant'. 

I am done with masks and will not spend the rest of my life with a mask on. I don't care what any progressives think about it. It's not going to happen. I think it's a form of psychological abuse to expect that out of an entire planet, to expect kids in masks at school all day long, forever? For the next 100 years? No. Just no.  I will not comply. My kids will not comply.  I'll take natural selection and take my chances. 

"I am done with pants and will not spend the rest of my life with pants on. I don't care what any progressives think about it. It's not going to happen. I think it's a form of psychological abuse to expect that out of an entire planet, to expect kids in pants at school all day long, forever? For the next 100 years? No. Just no.  I will not comply. My kids will not comply.  I'll take natural selection and take my chances."

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You do realize doing that would just make the immune system less able to defend itself over time and we'd end up with the same problem. If you don't use it, you're going to lose it. It's the same reason people in third world countries tend to have much more hardy immune systems that can withstand the garbage they have to eat and drink compared to modern countries.  In the end, natural selection is going to win out at least until we get the technology to play God and re-write the rules, which will come in time.

Just wait for what we are in store for in the future :D. Animal agriculture has gotten so out of control that we are breeding super bugs within their populations that are going to be incredibly resistant to so many anti-biotics. We pump our livestock full of drugs and chemicals so recklessly because of our ravenous and unnecessary addiction to meat, it's going to come back to bite us.

The universe has a nice way of balancing things out though ;)

hrhrhtewgfegege

I went for my second jab today, only to be told that they weren't administering the Pfizer version (that was the one I had for my first jab, and apparently it's not a good idea to mix them) and that I'd have to come back on Monday. 

Couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, honestly...

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine 2 days ago. Was fine that day except for pain at the deltoid. Woke up yesterday with more pain but otherwise fine the next morning. 

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, started feeling worse and worse as if I got hit by a truck. Whole body aching, moderate headache, a little fever, extremely dizzy, nausea, diarrhea. Hadn't been this sick in years. The strongest side effects lasted around 8 hours (until 2am) and started to diminish but my body was still in pain and I had bouts of nausea and diarrhea throughout the night. 

Woke up today feeling better although my stomach still hurts and I'm not completely recovered. 

Not fun at all. Really not looking forward to the second dose, which most people say is usually the tough one...