Leo Gura

Getting My Covid Vaccine

531 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, BadHippie said:

Well these numbers aren´t high for me. More people die from cancer, starvation and other things. Even alcohol kills more people every year. Personally I would rather have them prohibit alcohol again, but that would probably backfire as so many people are addicted to it. I am more addicted to my "freedom" :D

Just to pick up on a couple points, the things you mentioned there arent contagious which means that the numbers per year would be stable and the healthcare system can handle them. If something is contagious it would mean if it was left alone then the numbers would be worse. I would assume the numbers for covid would be worse if we didnt have lockdowns or hospital treatment etc. 

22 minutes ago, BadHippie said:

Also as you said, these numbers are just deaths with a positive PCR-test. There sadly aren´t any valid numbers. Even if I check the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities) I can see only 6% of people died because of COVID-19, the other 94% had 4.0 additional conditions on average. Doesn´t look that dangerous to me

This is another misunderstanding i see, on average for any death there are between on average 3 and 4 causes listed on the death certificate. In practice it would be something like, someone has cancer that cancer causes pneumonia which leads to cardiac arrest and then death. Ultimately if they didnt have cancer they wouldnt have had the other conditions, so when reporting it wouldnt be logical to say this person didnt die from cancer or that the number of cancer deaths arent valid because there were underlying symptoms, because then no cause of death would be valid from the death certificate. I will say that there probably are deaths where the person died and covid wasnt really anything to do with it, but this could also happen with other conditions, so they would all have to be reworked as well. 

27 minutes ago, BadHippie said:

Also I wouldn´t consider any virus dangerous in general, what the public thinks about viruses isn´t my perspective on what a virus is. There are many different models on viruses not just the one that gets propagated in society. I don´t think people get sick because of viruses. But that´s not a popular opinion, people don´t like to look inside when it comes to what makes them sick, they like to have someone or something to blame. 

Its an opinion and probably partially true in that people could be healthier and take care of themselves and by not doing so they become more susceptible to being sick. This is something that definitely needs to be worked on and is a preventative measure, but in the case of a contagious virus there would need to be more immediate curative measures otherwise it will continue to get worse. 

But anyway you said the numbers are not enough for you, would you think it was serious if it killed more people than cancer or alcohol for example? 

Also what would be your overall solution, do you think no precautions should be taken and no vaccine produced and just leave everyone to it?

@Consept

Just to pick up on a couple points, the things you mentioned there arent contagious which means that the numbers per year would be stable and the healthcare system can handle them. If something is contagious it would mean if it was left alone then the numbers would be worse. I would assume the numbers for covid would be worse if we didnt have lockdowns or hospital treatment etc. 

Yeah and I assume the numbers would be better if we didn´t have them. While simultaneously making a campaign for more self-care and healthy lifestyle... :D We come from two completely different paradigms. How do you explain countries like Belarus, Sweden or even states in America like Florida coming from that assumption? 

Also what would be your overall solution, do you think no precautions should be taken and no vaccine produced and just leave everyone to it?

I would say if we didn´t have the PCR-Test from Dr. Drosten (there is actually a lawsuit going on against him for lying about the PCR-Test), we would have a completely different perspective on the pandemic. Look at Thailand for example, they use a more refined PCR-Test and their numbers are way lower, because it´s less susceptible to false diagnosis. But the PCR-Test isn´t a tool to diagnose a disease to begin with... 

Yeah we don´t need vaccines at all in my opinion. I have a completely different opinion about them as most people, as I don´t think the paradigm vaccines are based on is "correct". The thing is you can explain everything with different models. If we would actually let people live their lives without fear there would be way less sick people in my opinion. A friend just told me about a grandma, who stayed inside for 13 month because she was so anxious about going outside... The fear overtook her whole life. I don´t think a life lived in fear is really living. 

But anyway you said the numbers are not enough for you, would you think it was serious if it killed more people than cancer or alcohol for example? 

Again why not simply "defeat" things like hunger on the world, which we actually could with a lot less work and money than we put into making these so called "vaccines". Or actually research cancer, which we don´t do seriously because chemotherapy brings a lot of money into the medical-industry. 
I don´t think I can answer this question, everything is serious in a sense. Even COVID-19 is a serious problem, just not in the way it´s for most people from my perspective. 

9 minutes ago, BadHippie said:

How do you explain countries like Belarus, Sweden or even states in America like Florida coming from that assumption? 

How do you mean explain them? Florida is a good example because as youre suggesting the lockdown wasnt really enforced but you can put it up against other states as its in the same country. So Florida has the 3rd highest cases, the 4th highest deaths and is just short of New York for the most cases per 100k - https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/09/01/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s?t=1620328559579

Sweden is also interesting as its the only country in Europe that didnt lockdown officially, although a lot of people did voluntarily but either way if you compare them with their Scandinavian neighbors, Denmark, Finland and Norway they actually have treble the amount of deaths of those countries combined.  

Brazil is also another country with a lot of problems due to the relaxed covid restrictions. 

Of course there are possible other factors for this but its just interesting to note the comparisons. 

17 minutes ago, BadHippie said:

Again why not simply "defeat" things like hunger on the world, which we actually could with a lot less work and money than we put into making these so called "vaccines". Or actually research cancer, which we don´t do seriously because chemotherapy brings a lot of money into the medical-industry. 
I don´t think I can answer this question, everything is serious in a sense. Even COVID-19 is a serious problem, just not in the way it´s for most people from my perspective. 

These things are of course serious problems but it would be unfair to say that there isnt an effort made to sort them out - “More than 40 years after the war on cancer was declared, we have spent billions fighting the good fight. The National Cancer Institute has spent some $90 billion on research and treatment during that time. Some 260 nonprofit organizations in the United States have dedicated themselves to cancer — more than the number established for heart disease, AIDS, Alzheimer’s disease, and stroke combined. Together, these 260 organizations have budgets that top $2.2 billion.”

However there is criticism that there should be more effort into prevention which as i said is very important. But this is more a policy issue rather than choosing not to work on it. Also just because youre working on one thing and trying to prevent it, it wouldnt mean you cant work on an immediate danger.

But in general i think it would be a very strong decision lets say if you were the leader of a country, to say that there shouldnt be any lockdowns, also keep in mind when Boris Johnson said that here in the UK, a lot of people did think that he just didnt care about people and the public outcry led to him changing his mind. Ultimately it would be a gamble as a leader to go against expert opinion and say no lockdowns, the issue its a gamble with peoples lives. 

?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Here’s a strictly American perspective as reasoning for being vaccinated (pardon the bias).

As of today, 15 months after the first documented cases:

32.6 million COVID-19 infections

579 thousand COVID-19 deaths

America’s population in 1860:

31.4 million

Soldiers killed in 5 years of civil war:

620 thousand

I admire skepticism, but there comes a point where it’s just plain stupid. These numbers aren’t far off from each other for good reason. This virus isn’t some hoax. Yes, the government makes mistakes. Yes, pharmaceutical corporations are greedy. Yes, the vaccines themselves have caused some debilitating conditions and deaths in very few instances. These are valid concerns, although minor when compared to what the virus has already proven to be capable of doing. 

I got both shits. After about 14 hours after the 2nd shot I got a fever and felt quite sick. The fever lasted about 12 hours and I was feeling much better by the evening. I was feeling much better about 28 hours later from the fever starting. It's been about 60 hours since I had the 2nd dose and I'm 100%. 

@Willie

You are making many many assumptions there. One being that all those numbers are legit. That infectioisity can be measures by a PCR-test with 37-40 cycles and so on... 

I got the second round of Pfizer about 10 hrs ago. So far, so good. No symptoms to report. The first round gave my body low grade systemic inflammation and minor fatigue for about a week and a half. It wasn't that bad, but here's hoping to avoid a repeat of that or worse. I'll report back here about symptoms or lack thereof in a couple days.

It's now been approximately 68 hours since I received the second round of the Pfizer vaccine. I'm happy to report my body has experienced next to no symptoms whatsoever from this second shot. The first round, while very tolerable, was far worse in the way it caused stiffness, aching, and fatigue. I detect ever so slight similar symptoms from this second round, but they are not even 1/20th as bad. Once again no arm soreness at all (arm soreness is the most commonly reported symptom I've observed reported). From what I've gathered my experience is uncharacteristic in that if most people experience side effects at all the worse symptoms are from the second round rather than the first.

Anyhow, this is my report. I hope it is helpful. 

On 5/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, Willie said:

Here’s a strictly American perspective as reasoning for being vaccinated (pardon the bias).

As of today, 15 months after the first documented cases:

32.6 million COVID-19 infections

579 thousand COVID-19 deaths

America’s population in 1860:

31.4 million

Soldiers killed in 5 years of civil war:

620 thousand

I admire skepticism, but there comes a point where it’s just plain stupid. These numbers aren’t far off from each other for good reason. This virus isn’t some hoax. Yes, the government makes mistakes. Yes, pharmaceutical corporations are greedy. Yes, the vaccines themselves have caused some debilitating conditions and deaths in very few instances. These are valid concerns, although minor when compared to what the virus has already proven to be capable of doing. 

This virus is certainly a problem but looking at the people that are skeptical, you cant blame them as well because of the exploitative nature of people in power.  Life is unfair and the middle class is shrinking dramatically.  The US government and the greedy corporations have not earned a lot of peoples trust and that is why they are paranoid.  

I experienced flu-like symptoms for 24-36 hours after my second Pfizer shot. Nothing too big. It beats having significant lung damage from COVID by quite a large margin. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I posted on this thread a few weeks ago. But I got banned for challenging Leo's narrative and posting "anti vax conspiracy theories", but I feel the need to speak out.

Anyways I will assure you my discussion will continue based on this forum's guidelines.

People should have the right to alternative perspectives, especially in a choice like this vaccine where if you inject this, you cannot uninject it. This is not like starting a business, where you can fail, and try again. Or which meditation method you are using.

I have friends that took the vaccine, they are fine - and I can see many people on this forums that are fine as well, I am happy for you, I am not saying that this is a death jab. But I also have had people I knew that took them and had side effects that interfered with their day to day life and in some cases, death. This is NOT fear mongering here, this is real life, telling people to say okay just take it, it's 100% safe is just not true, even by a vaxxers standard there is no 100% safe solution.

It's easy for people to say okay, take this jab. But you also got to see people that have lost friends/family from this as well.

Again, I am NOT saying DO NOT take it. But do your own research, knowingly that a lot of content is being censored and a lot of people being deplatformed for speaking out.

How can you really say that your facts and opinion is the truth, when all companies, people, and even people in this forum are censoring anything other than the mainstream narrative you hold. You can't make an informed decision.

I'm happy to change my perspective if any other evidence shows, but from what I see I don't think what the governments around the world is doing is right, and it is downright propaganda.

A change from the last post I did was I found out my friend's dad passed away from late stage cancer, except he did not, he had COVID-19 in his death certificate. If this does not sound fishy, I don't know what does.

I'll have to call Leo out again, it's May 10th - soon to be nearly a month from the day you posted you were going to take the jab. Shouldn't the person that is advocating for the jab, be fully vaccinated by now? If anything, Leo should be the first one to take the vaccine, and not let us be guinea pigs.

1 hour ago, Fishmonk2 said:

I have friends that took the vaccine, they are fine - and I can see many people on this forums that are fine as well, I am happy for you, I am not saying that this is a death jab. But I also have had people I knew that took them and had side effects that interfered with their day to day life and in some cases, death. This is NOT fear mongering here, this is real life, telling people to say okay just take it, it's 100% safe is just not true

No one on the forum is saying the vaccine is 100% safe. It is more like 99.999% safe from serious side effects. As well, a small percentage of people have health conditions that would make them more vulnerable - such as an auto-immune disease. Anyone posting on the forum stating that the vaccine is 100% safe for 100% of people will be corrected. Nothing is 100% safe. If 300 million people were given peanuts, there would be a small percentage of cases that are serious side effects and death. 

The fear-mongering comes when a person exaggerates the risks. For example, if someone posted that a significant percentage of people have serious side effects to the vaccine, that would be fear mongering, since that isn't true. It would not be fear mongering to state that a significant percentage of people have serious effects from rabies virus infection because that is true.

1 hour ago, Fishmonk2 said:

How can you really say that your facts and opinion is the truth, when all companies, people, and even people in this forum are censoring anything other than the mainstream narrative you hold. You can't make an informed decision.

This isn't about censoring anything that is counter mainstream media. It's about having quality standards and filtering out B.S., especially when that B.S. is fearmongering.

Over 1 billion vaccinations have been administered. 1 billion!!! If a significant portion of people had serious adverse reactions / death - it would not be hidden. If 10% of people had serious adverse effects / death from the vaccine, it would be 100 million people suffering terribly from the vaccine and dying. There is no way that could be kept secret. No way. Everyone would know lots of people that were seriously harmed and died from the vaccine. Hospitals would be filled with people suffering from the vaccine. There is no way that a government or mainstream media could hide that from the public. It would take a massive conspiracy to hide that from the public - which goes into batshit crazy conspiracy theories and fear mongering. That is why it gets filtered out from many online forums. 

Notice in your previous posts you posted horrific side effects from the vaccine. That may be true, yet you left out the part about how rare it is. It's somewhere around 0.00001% of people. That is important context. We could post up horrific images of people that have been struck by lightening. If we present that as representative, that is misleading and fear mongering. By that framing, it would be justified to ban people from being outside during a storm. Yet it is important to also state that only about 0.00001% of people get struck by lightening during storm. Now it's not justified to ban people from being outside during a storm. 

On 5/3/2021 at 4:23 AM, alan2102 said:

Are you sure?  I'm not.

NB: I am not anti-vax. Or pro-vax. I'm an interested onlooker. Maybe slightly biased in favor of vaccination, but open-minded with no fixed position.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaers-significant-jump-reported-injuries-deaths-after-covid-vaccine/
 "VAERS data released today showed 118,902 reports of adverse events following COVID vaccines, including 3,544 deaths and 12,619 serious injuries between Dec. 14, 2020 and April 23, 2021"

See also:

https://thefallingdarkness.com/7766-dead-330218-injuries-european-database-of-adverse-drug-reactions-for-covid-19-vaccines/

Further:  Not all vaccines are created equal. The West's rather weird mRNA stuff is not looking all that good on the safety front. Meanwhile, Russia's Sputnik V vaccine may be the safest by a large margin:

https://twitter.com/alan2102z/status/1387905806989987844

My parents both got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine a little over a week before the story about blood clots broke. It has been 5 weeks since their injections and neither has shown any ill effects.

I've received the old school AstraZeneca vaccine. I had a pretty strong immune reaction to the vaccine, just like a 24h flu with lots of aches and fever. No regrets at all, and that immune reaction was nothing outside of what can be expected, or what I was prepared for. I'm very happy to be close to the other side of this pandemic and looking forward to gathering and hugging people and stuff.

A bit bummed that the AZ vaccine has been getting shunned, the blood clot risk is super rare, way less likely than getting a blood clot from covid by not vaccinating. But we're in the privileged position to be spoiled for choice with even better vaccines.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

And now it looks like I will get a vaccination soon: David Muir says the FDA has approved the Pfizer vaccine for those age 12 to 15. I will be 15 in 16 days.

6 hours ago, Fishmonk2 said:

I'll have to call Leo out again, it's May 10th - soon to be nearly a month from the day you posted you were going to take the jab. Shouldn't the person that is advocating for the jab, be fully vaccinated by now? If anything, Leo should be the first one to take the vaccine, and not let us be guinea pigs.

I'm giving Leo a pass on that one because he experimented many drugs on himself (psychedelics, detox protocols etc) and reported to the community, but that doesn't mean he should be too vocal pro-vaxxer or shaming and banning other opinions.

Guys.

I got the Pfizer vaccine today. 

I suddenly got glasses and started to wear old school clothing.

I think I am turning to Bill Gates.

Help!

5 hours ago, SolarWarden said:

Guys.

I got the Pfizer vaccine today. 

I suddenly got glasses and started to wear old school clothing.

I think I am turning to Bill Gates.

Help!

I guess that means you give your second shot to Melinda...

The moderna shot gave me explosive diarrhea. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary