Leo Gura

Getting My Covid Vaccine

531 posts in this topic

Anti Vaxxers are basically children. They get to live in a world with a low or zero risk of catching diseases like smallpox, measles, polio, and so on, off the backs of the rest of the population being vaccinated.

They get to live into their 80s due to the efforts of the rest of society, just like a child gets to live to 18 due to the efforts of their parents. 

4 hours ago, Stovo said:

Anti Vaxxers are basically children. 

So simple yet it explains my interactions with them perfectly. 

The companies producing these vaccines are free from legal liability.  That means the people who are sensitive to the vaccine and suffer long term damage to their bodies are expected to bear the full cost of the benefits to society.  Given this situation, everyone has to weigh the risks and benefits for their own particular body and make a decision.  Let everyone decide and respect their decision as you would want them to respect yours.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-vaccine-side-effects-compensation-lawsuit.html

Vincit omnia Veritas.

I just find it funny that the very same people who said that COVID-19 is barely fatal, only 1% of people get sick, it's just the flu, "masks do nothing!" and would take the chance of just letting it run rampant.... are the very same people who can't grapple with the fact that less than 1% of vaccines could have side effects and they refuse to take that chance.  How can you choose one over the other?  Oh right, they're cherrypicking whiney children.

All you gotta do is look at the number of people who died from Covid vs number of people who died from the Covid vaccine.

It's not even close.

Case closed.

And Covid produces more side-effects and long-term health complications too! It's not just death. The side-effects from Covid are much worse than the side-effects from the Covid vaccine. And that doesn't even factor in the economic costs of people not getting vaccinated.

Don't forget, if you wind up in the hospital, you lose $5000 right there. Not even counting the time you lose which you could be spending on your life purpose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Got my vaccine today.  Pfizer.  ... my arm hurts around the place they poked me (as if someone punched me hard there), that's about it so far (it's 7:15 right now and I got it at 3:50 ish).

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I got my second Moderna shot last Tuesday. The day after I had mild aches and two days after I feel fine. 

I'm registered but due to being relatively young am probably at the bottom of the list in my province. I am a first responder though so I've been told by my fire captain we will be expedited.

I for one want that shit pumped into my veins ASAP xD!

hrhrhtewgfegege

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All you gotta do is look at the number of people who died from Covid vs number of people who died from the Covid vaccine.

It's not even close.

Case closed.

And Covid produces more side-effects and long-term health complications too! It's not just death. The side-effects from Covid are much worse than the side-effects from the Covid vaccine. And that doesn't even factor in the economic costs of people not getting vaccinated.

That's a bit unfair to say at this point, as the vaccines have only been out for a few months, while the first confirmed case of covid in the US was January 2020.

13 minutes ago, AlterEgo said:

That's a bit unfair to say at this point, as the vaccines have only been out for a few months, while the first confirmed case of covid in the US was January 2020.

Over 100 million doses of vaccine have been administered. If there were significant deaths we would know about it. No one is keeping that a secret. And vaccine deaths are not gonna be delayed by months and years. They would happen rapidly.

There have only been a total of 32 million cases of Covid in the US. Covid spreads much slower than the vaccine.

For the vaccine to warrant not being taken it would have to have killed sometime like 1 million people by now. Which just shows you how absurdly out of reason the anti-vax fearmongering is. I don't know if there's even been 10 people who died from the vaccine. And you'd need 1 million of them to make a reasonable case against it. Even 10,000 vaccines deaths would not be a reasonable case.

100 million doses is such a huge number that the mind has difficulty reasoning about it properly. Out of 100 million, more people will die from eating lettuce or slipping on ice than taking the vaccine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@AlterEgoThere is like one reported case of a woman dying from a blood clot from the J&J vaccine... and that's it. 

Some people don't know how to play their cards or poker chips so they worry about losing them over random stuff. at those odds you might as well just never get out of bed and stay under a weighted blanket 24/7, cause there is plenty of stuff out there that have a 1 in 200 million chance of killing you. hammers fall sometimes from buildings under construction, do yall carry hard hats around when walking around the city?

Edited by Lyubov

4 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

there is plenty of stuff out there that have a 1 in 200 million chance of killing you. hammers fall sometimes from buildings under construction, do yall carry hard hats around when walking around the city?

Just talking at work about how providing a second stat as a reference point really enables people to see the characteristics of a thing more clearly (e.g., it's lethality or harmlessness).  Like, you're a bijillion times more likely to die in an airplane than get killed by a shark.  Etc.  I think my boss was saying something like this about the lethality of the vaccines, but I forget which second reference stat she used.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Objectively speaking it would be morally fair if homo sapiens were the be completely wiped out the way our race have treated this planet throughout history. Imagine all the plants, mammals etc that our race brought into extinction, the negative effect on the climate, the immense sufferering our race have created here on planet earth in general. In the end we as species will probably nuc ourselves out of existence anyway taking every other life form with us lol.

I am by no means an anti vax person. But I'm selective of which I take. I'm concerned with the short R&D timeline. I'm concerned the pharmaceutical companies can't be held at fault, I don't feel the major parties (gov't and pharmaceutical companies)  exactly have a track record of being honest brokers. It's all the buzz in the media, and it always seems to be from an emotional angle (they also appeal to the chimp mind to sell us stuff). It all just doesn't feel quite right. 

I haven't decided if I want to get the vaccine, and am starting to feel like a pariah because of it. I don't feel good about being socially pressured to take it.

It's an interesting position to be on this side of the pitchfork.

I am that I AM

Should I wait longer and take the Pfizer or Moderna or take the other kind because I can get them sooner? 

People should be free to chose and express themselves. It is fine to take the vaccine and it is fine not to.

30 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

People should be free to chose and express themselves. It is fine to take the vaccine and it is fine not to.

It's fine for me to rape you and it's fine for me not to.