Leo Gura

Getting My Covid Vaccine

531 posts in this topic

Had to cancel my appointment. Was not feeling well for other reasons. I will reschedule it once my SIBO is more healed.

I decided it is not a good idea to introduce extra variables into my healing experiments right now.

I will let you know when I get it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura good decision.  

I hope the covid situation is not too bad whichever city you're living. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I received my second Moderna shot yesterday. I haven't experienced any side effects from either shot.

@Fishmonk When considering extreme side effects, also consider frequency. I could post an image of someone having a severe anaphylaxis response to a bee sting. Yet it would be a distortion to present it as common. Only about 1 in 1 million people would have a response. If people believed it was common, they would have an irrational fear of bees and run away from bees. Similarly, only about 1 in 1 million people have a severe reaction to the vaccine. So in a large city of 10 million people, only about 10 people would have a severe response. Yet if we posted pictures of those 10 people as representative of the vaccine, it will create irrational fear. 

@Fishmonk What you do is called fearmongering. There are individual cases where the various vaccines have led to rather serious health issues but most people are fine. We don't really have any other option here. Either you cooperate and take the vaccine or you don't (which is also fine if you have good reasons), but if you decide to do the latter, at least do it without spreading overly generalized, incidental, flashy news which scare people into not getting the shot. 

18 minutes ago, Fishmonk said:

@Tim R @Forestluv  

I'm here to present alternative sources of information, if people take the vaccine without considering alternative sources - that is ignorance, not fear mongering.

The fear mongering is not the information, it is how the information is presented.

Imagine someone considering medication and the doctor shows them gruesome photos of side effect and then says "This is what happens when someone takes the medication". It is implicit that this is a common reaction. Leaving out the part that only 1 in 1 million people have this reaction is fear mongering. It is not "presenting alternative sources of information".

The J and J issue was about 1 in 1 million people have serious side effects. That is extremely rare. It is important to have that information. Otherwise, it is fear mongering. 

Yes, there are serious side effects. Yet 1 in 1 million means that the medication is safe. A 1 in 1 million chance is MUCH lower than being in an airplane crash. 

26 minutes ago, Fishmonk said:

@Forestluv

I will say it again, I have spoken and listened to doctors in regards of this specific COVID-19 vaccine. It takes an average of 10 years to develop a vaccine in the industry. It took 10 months to develop this.

Yes the vaccine development was accelerated, yet that doesn't mean it's less safe than other vaccines. mRNA vaccines could be SAFER than traditional vaccines. Or it could be about the same or less safe. 

The data so far indicate the incidence of serious short-term side effects is very small. About 1 in 1 million people. That is a safe vaccine. How safe do you want? A 1 in 1 million risk is extremely low. It is MUCH lower than the risk of driving, having sex, eating etc. More people get serious side effects from eating than the vaccine! I could post lots of photos of people that got seriously ill from food poisoning and say "Look!! Eating food is dangerous!!". Yet that is a distortion because very few people get food poisoning in developed countries. 

Speculation about long-term negative effects is speculation. There is no reason to believe there will be long-term side effects. 

3 minutes ago, Fishmonk said:

@Forestluv Where do you get this data 1 in 1 million from? Exactly. 

Rough estimate. For example in the U.S., over 6 million doses of J and J vaccine was given and 6 people had serious side effects. 6 million people is a huge sample size. 

Yet it’s true that vaccines alter immune system activity and there a small percentage of people in grey areas of immune disorders that have a bad reaction. Someone could be on the edge of a autoimmune disorder and not even know it. The vaccine could push them over the edge and cause problems. Yet it’s important to note that these are rare occurrences. 

More deaths were caused by halting the J & J vaccine than caused by the vaccine itself. It's ridiculous

1 minute ago, Frylock said:

More deaths were caused by halting the J & J vaccine than caused by the vaccine itself. It's ridiculous

It was a PR disaster. 1 in a million people got blood clots, they pull it and the public freaks out it was dangerous. 

@Fishmonk I’m not denying that there can be serious side effects. I’m saying they are RARE. You haven’t shown any data that serious side effects are common. Show me data that more than 1 in 10,000 people have serious side effects. Even then, that would mean the vaccine is 99.99% safe. How safe do you want it? Nothing in life is 100% safe.

@Fishmonk Please don’t spread stuff like becoming vegan will eradicate the coronavirus. That the virus is punishment for eating meat. That type of thing is against forum guidelines.

@Fishmonk Do not fear monger about vaccines on this forum. Do not discourage regular people from getting the vaccine. This is irresponsible.

No one has ever said that vaccines don't have some very rare side effects. Every medicine and chemical has rare side effects. That is not sufficient reason to discourage their use for average people.

If you fed peanuts to 100 million people, some would have severe reactions. That is not a case against peanuts.

Covid kills 1000s of people. This vaccines does not.

You know guys, I am getting worried about the fact that according to most polls, about a quarter to a third of the US population does not want to take the vaccine. If several millions of those of minds do not change, then I fear that we will not reach the minimum threshold needed to reach herd immunity within our entire country. 

Hey guys, any idea if AstraZeneca is safe? Its the only option currently in my country

@Fishmonk

You have to be careful what you post here. People actually believe here, that it´s the "absolute good" if everyone gets vaccinated. Most people here don´t seem to realize that devilry often comes in the form of some narrative that says it´s "absolute good". 

I can see where your view on Leo comes from. The same goes for me, I thought Leo would be interested in different perspectives. As he always tells everyone his highest value is "truth". This doesn´t seem to be the case anymore. Otherwise he wouldn´t simply trash every single thing that questions his worldview. 

About herd immunity I think it´s quite interesting to realize that the WHO changed the definition again. They also changed the definition for pandemic before the swine flu. I hope some people will see the similarities between these two pandemics.

Herd_Immunity.png

@Forestluv

I think you also do the thing you call "fearmongering" by making COVID-19 into a Killer-Virus, which it isn´t. People actually seem to think that it´s more dangerous to have a positive PCR-Test that tells them they have Corona, than taking a vaccines that still isn´t fully tested (long-term). 

@Opo

The thing is asymptomatic people can have damaged lungs. 

This is what I call fearmongering. Why don´t you point it out to him - Forestluv? It seems to be fearmongering is only bad here if it´s fearmongering for the wrong cause. 

Yes Asymptomatic people can have damaged lungs. This doesn´t necessarily mean it comes from the Coronavirus. There are things like smoking, living in an environment with bad air, eating specific food that can damage cells etc. 

Edited by BadHippie

@Fishmonk If you keep fear mongering about vaccines here you will be banned.

5 hours ago, BadHippie said:

@Forestluv

I think you also do the thing you call "fearmongering" by making COVID-19 into a Killer-Virus, which it isn´t. 

The "Killer-Virus" is your projection. I would not describe the coronavirus as the "Killer-Virus". Each virus needs to be evaluated within a system. Lethality is only one component within that system. For example, the major hospital in my local city in Michigan recently hit 100% capacity and are in triage.

Guess why the hospital recently hit capacity:

A) People who got vaccinated need hospital care

B) People who got covid need hospital care

C) People who believe that the coronavirus hoax is real need hospital care

Of course, it is covid cases. And lethality isn't the only metric. Even if the vast majority of those covid patients survive, they still got seriously ill and can long term issues. And a hospital at capacity and triage is an extreme stress on a community. They cannot provide health care to everyone. And triage is an extreme stressor to doctors and nurses. It seriously fucks with them psychologically. It's one of the worst things to put doctors / nurses through. 

5 hours ago, BadHippie said:

@Forestluv

People actually seem to think that it´s more dangerous to have a positive PCR-Test that tells them they have Corona, than taking a vaccines that still isn´t fully tested (long-term). 

Getting covid is more dangerous than getting the vaccine. If we give 100 million people the coronavirus and 100 million people the vaccine, the coronavirus group will have worse outcomes. It's not even close. We already know this from existing data: the coronavirus has a MUCH worse effect than the vaccine. There are hundreds of millions of hospitalizations, serious illness and death from covid, yet only hundreds (perhaps thousands) for the vaccine. Being injected with the vaccine is MUCH safer than being injected with coronavirus. That this has to be said is mindboggling and highlights how media can shape minds into distorted realities. 

And we also don't know the odds of long-term negative outcomes from the coronavirus. Emerging data is showing that the virus may cause relatively common long term impacts on respiratory, cardiovascular and central nervous systems. Yet there is no evidence that there will be common long-term consequences from the vaccine. 

And of course there won't be 10 year studies on a vaccine to combat a pandemic. . . because that would take 10 years! Imagine a country being raided by a foreign army and the president says "Let's do a 10 year study to develop the safest long-term strategy to combat this army". . . That would be too late. . . Timing is critical in fighting a pandemic. That is one reason there is such a strong push to get as many people vaccinated asap - so we can get ahead of emerging variants.