Leo Gura

Getting My Covid Vaccine

531 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Neither the Pfizer nor the Moderna vaccines contain any heavy metals.

Oh shit.

I'm calling the doctor. 

4 hours ago, Milos Uzelac said:

How's the case that I got vaccinated with the same brand of vaccine produced in America before you via my student policlinic health insurance even though I live in a second world half-periphery country? 

Maybe where you live the outburst was bigger so it was more important for the vaccines to get to you first. 

50 minutes ago, Opo said:

Maybe where you live the outburst was bigger so it was more important for the vaccines to get to you first. 

Well Belgrade is quite densely populated and perhaps they wanted to make available the most diverse set of vaccine producers (one's that would guarantee viability of travel into the EU if Covid passports or certificates of vaccination by certain vaccine producers became a mandatory thing) for the large student population from all parts of the country residing here in the various dorms through out the city. 

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

1 hour ago, Display_Name said:

In Germany we haven't even gotten to the middle aged people yet

Well that's unexpected and unfortunate.

I haven't researched much what's the vaccination rate by demographic in other countries but a lot middle-aged adults here already got vaccinated though by various sorts of vaccine producers from China, Russia, through Britain and America (Sinopharm, Sputnik V, Astra Zeneca and Phyzer). 

Though some of the used vaccines (most notably the Chinese Sinopharm) were in phases of testing in some countries like mine and Pakistan, so it was a sort of guinea pig deal between the the government of a poorer country and the company that produces vaccines to test their vaccine patch on their populations (mostly older and middle aged Serbian adults agreed to take them as far as I am aware of here) in exchange for having lots of those vaccines available for the general population. 

So maybe it is good that they haven't started the vaccination of middle-aged adults in Germany if the patches of the vaccine producer haven't gone through a thorough testing process. 

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

I don't like needles.

Is it ok if I pass on getting the shot?

@freejoy  I have yet to find the person that enjoys needles, yet most people understand why vaccinating is the wise thing to do. That does not sound like a legitimate reason to me. 

@Leo Gura Kudos to America for vaccinating so fast, my immune-compromised mother is still nowhere near an invitation for her first shot ):

7 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

@freejoy  I have yet to find the person that enjoys needles, yet most people understand why vaccinating is the wise thing to do. That does not sound like a legitimate reason to me. 

@Leo Gura

I'm in good health so if I catch it and live through it then I'll be immune anyway?

@freejoy That is your choice but you'll be still a potential danger for elderly people who did not take the shots because of legitimate health reasons. And just wait till your country will start to open up but only for the vaccinated people using the green-passport system. Will you still refuse the shots then?

31 minutes ago, freejoy said:

I'm in good health so if I catch it and live through it then I'll be immune anyway?

The thing is asymptomatic people can have damaged lungs. 

29 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

@freejoy That is your choice but you'll be still a potential danger for elderly people who did not take the shots because of legitimate health reasons. And just wait till your country will start to open up but only for the vaccinated people using the green-passport system. Will you still refuse the shots then?

Yeah, but I want to wait until I see if anyone dies from taking it or has some other negative reaction.

I want to go to Mars but not on the first trip! 

: )

@freejoy I took the vaccine.  The needle was much less painful than other needles.  You do not need to worry about getting the vaccine.  The pain that comes afterwards is worse and your arm will hurt for a couple of days.

1 hour ago, freejoy said:

Yeah, but I want to wait until I see if anyone dies from taking it or has some other negative reaction.

I had my second dose of Moderna on February 5th and other then side effects the day after the injection I'm fine. I'm very glad I got it and it's over and done with.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

16 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Time for Leo's heroin trip report.

What the hell??

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I took the pfizer and so did my family.  In my experience, I experienced no side effects, but others experiences are that the first dose is easy, but the second dose is the one to look out for. 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

5 hours ago, Vrubel said:

You'll still shed the virus if you're vaccinated and catch the virus, just several times less than someone who's sick and for a shorter period of time. It's similar to being an asymptomatic carrier.

I got shot #1 about 2 weeks ago, moderna. 2nd one is in two weeks or so from now 

I don't like needles either, but accept them for the greater good. As a blood donor I give nearly a pint of blood every few months so the covid jab was no big deal. We can be biased for  humans against the virus, thank you God :D

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Hard to sort through anti-vax concerns, most of it is nonsense, but obviously there is some (probably low and less than covid itself) risk. 

So, are you not concerned that these pharmaceutical companies are not liable for any negative effects while they have a past of knowingly not stopping drugs that do have negative effects for money?

https://edition.cnn.com/2009/BUSINESS/09/02/Pfizer.fine/index.html

11 minutes ago, Cocolove said:

Hard to sort through anti-vax concerns, most of it is nonsense, but obviously there is some (probably low and less than covid itself) risk. 

So, are you not concerned that these pharmaceutical companies are not liable for any negative effects while they have a past of knowingly not stopping drugs that do have negative effects for money?

https://edition.cnn.com/2009/BUSINESS/09/02/Pfizer.fine/index.html

Yea, pharmaceuticals are a mixture of bad and good. It can be difficult to sort out. 

Developing drugs that people take daily is very different than developing a vaccine. There is very little profit motive in vaccine development. The federal government has already paid and continues to pay the pharmaceutical companies. Currently, biotch is in a great position. They are making huge profits, with virtually no risk. This is very different than if stockholders were investing into the development of new heart medication.

As well, biotech is under a social microscope. If they are caught doing shabby or unethical work, there would be a big price to pay. Covid vaccine development is a case in which competition can be a good thing. 

As well, there is always inherent risk. Even if pharmaceuticals are 100% altruistic, there will still be some negative side effects. If we expect a pharmaceutical to develop a 100% perfect vaccine, it will never happen. It would be like demanding a doctor be 100% perfect are they are liable. If that is the standard, say goodbye to doctors - even the best doctors that are 100% altruistic doing their best job.

The question is what is our threshold of negligence and malpractice? For the case of covid, I would say the threshold would be gross negligence / unethical behavior of pharmaceuticals. For example, if a biotech got caught hiding data about negative effects of the vaccine, they should be held accountable for that. 

@Forestluv Very well said 

Also, I have very bad seasonal allergies, which makes me worry about anything to do with meddling with my immune system. From my research I don't see any way the covid vaccine could cause harm to my tree and ragweed pollen allergies. Leo is getting it while having hashimotos, he also seems not worried about this.