supremeyingyang

Meditation at Work (Success Story)

9 posts in this topic

At first I wanted to post this in 'Self-Actualization' because this is about Focus & Flow (I guess, but read for yourself), but then I came to the Conclusion more People would appretiate it here.

Here's the little story i want to share: After one Year of remote work due to Covid-19 (as alone living Person) I implemented Meditation-Session. I set a Timer and after every 25 Minutes I meditate for 5 Minutes, After long Meetings or Stress I meditate longer (~10-20minutes). So it's only, as i like to call it, spice meditations, because you need very little spice to make a good meal a damn fine meal;)

Results

• very calm feeling
  • after work I was chill chill, not done done like normal
  • No Overtime
  • much better Results
  • much deeper learning
  • Creative Ideas where I was stuck before
  • More ability to be proactive
  • my colleagues became very funny to watch: way to energetic and quick so they make a ton of mistakes
  • in meetings I could speak with much power and confidence which I was lacking before

... man. If this is more or less constant, even if it becomes less intensive, I found my personal Game Changer. For real: I cried while Meditating (Standing by the way) tears of joy

I meditated of course before, but never during work. Now my Question: Can anyone report something similar?

Edited by supremeyingyang

:x That's amazing. I've been doing really short sits spontaneously during the day whenever I feel like I need it, and it's amazing how often I'll get hit with an idea or inspiration and if not then the way I feel is more than enough. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw  Isn't it?:) after most of my stands I have some worthwhile Ideas. I just let the Ideas come by and catch them like a fish from the water

Nice, this inspires me to do short meditation sessions during the day. Since now I only meditated in the morning and befor sleep. 

Great! Lots of neuroscience supports the brain's need for winding down briefly between bouts of deep work/learning. Keep it up.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Update:

I'm still doing my Routine, but now mixed a little Yoga in. It's crazy: I 'lose' maybe 2h a day, but I feel much much better and get greater things accomplished. I now want to pitch Meditation Meetings in the company I work in , because I know Management would likely approve and some people are already into it. Especially if we are back in the Office I wouldn't want to change my Routine because that would mean extra hours, bad results and the grindy normal I experienced before where everyone gets quicker and quicker but not much meaningful work can be done (you need that silence)

regards

Interesting! Sounds like the Pomodoro technique taken to the next level. I wonder, what kind of yoga are you doing? How long? 
Cheers.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

@reves

Exactly. I do a more spiritual Hatha* Yoga Style with my addition from whatever I find useful.

If I need much relaxation for 1-2 hours. If I'm fine I make only 30 minutes. I don't do yoga very often because I make resistance training as well, which is relaxing too (well, in another way).

But it matches very good as a endroutine after a particular stressing day.

*Most school I saw that claimed they would teach hatha yoga would actually teach just stretching and breathing. Just words

regards

Update for anyone who is interested.

I came to the point where I meditated longer. Best results where made with 45 minutes and two times 20 minutes. It's hard to build that into my day, but if I do it, my results are even better. I guess I'll commit myself 100% after testing it a little more