Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ry4n

Does Surrendering In Meditation Produce An Awakening?

8 posts in this topic

Ive been doing leos recent guided meditation, and in the video he mention Adyashanti. The guy talks a lot about surrender...does anyone have experience doing this and can it speed up your progress?

Surrender is the quantum leap from mind to no-mind, from ego to egolessness. And in a single step the whole journey is contained. It is not a gradual phenomenon; it is not that slowly, slowly, gradually you come to the divine. It is a quantum leap!

Ego is a state of blindness, of drunkenness, of dreaming. Just waking up is surrender. Either wake up and surrender happens, or surrender and you are awake. They are two sides of the same coin.

@Ry4n It's all about the surrender.

Watch this over and over until it happens. Specifically up to about @26:00:00. It's practically foolproof to cause an awakening if you surrender to what Leo is saying.

Thanks guys @Prabhaker @cetus56 very insightful answers. It definetly seems like the way to go as far my practice in this stage of my life. 

@Ry4n As all resistance in a sense is ego, to only option there is is surrender.

Edited by Bob84

I have a problem with the word "surrender" in the context of spirituality. When I think of the word surrender the image comes to mind of me giving myself over to the enemy when I am losing the battle. As a final act of desperation in hopes of acquiring mercy from my foe. But maybe that is just my limited understanding of the term, maybe you have a different interpretation of the word.

In Truth, there is no one to be surrendered to anything. There is no battle, there are no enemies. All the games you are playing in life, they are all part of the grand scheme. You can't surrender the game, because you are the game. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Yes!

One time I was meditating at a mountain, and lots of flies start bitting me. I even started to hallucinate. When I surrendered to the experience, I clearly experienced how pain is merely a creation of my brain & how I can desidentify from it. That being said, the next weeks after this experience were wild. I kind of had an awakening freakout. I feel like I was seeing more than I could take. Now, I'm back to normal. And I am slowly working to get back to that state but in a more gentle way. After the ecstasy, the laundry. Years of work till I get there!

@Ry4n Real surrender cannot be practiced, it just happens. Trying to force or do surrender will only be more doing.

Adyashanti explains it well here: