kray

Finished bottle of whiskey

7 posts in this topic

So I drank a whole bottle of whiskey in the span of three days....am I an alcoholic? genuine question

Don't know, but you may want to take a multivitamin, alcohol depletes vitamin stores in the body.

Can you stay away from alcohol easily? If so, you might not be alcoholic. Ask yourself why you drank so much.

Also, you could check out Gabor Maté on youtube, he talks about the relationship between emotional wounds and various types of addictions.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

7 hours ago, kray said:

So I drank a whole bottle of whiskey in the span of three days....am I an alcoholic? genuine question

Context?

Alcoholics tend to drink everyday or go on week long benders. Are you addicted to alcohol?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 hours ago, Superfluo said:

Don't know, but you may want to take a multivitamin, alcohol depletes vitamin stores in the body.

Can you stay away from alcohol easily? If so, you might not be alcoholic. Ask yourself why you drank so much.

Also, you could check out Gabor Maté on youtube, he talks about the relationship between emotional wounds and various types of addictions.

I guess I wanted to let loose, I'm generally a tight person, and alcohol helps me loosen up. 

5 hours ago, kray said:

I guess I wanted to let loose, I'm generally a tight person, and alcohol helps me loosen up. 

You are fine. It is ok to let loose from time to time. Just don't do it too often as alcoholism comes in gradually.

@kray

6 hours ago, kray said:

That's okay. You can also loosen yourself with exercises that address your beliefs and your emotions. Check out my posts to learn more about them.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

7 hours ago, kray said:

I'm generally a tight person, and alcohol helps me loosen up. 

unless this mindset changes you are on your way to becoming an alcoholic yes. Try to experiment with other forms of relaxation and letting go. Alcohol does not relax your body, it just shuts down the brain centre responsible for sensing that stress. The tension is still there. 

Also observe how you feel next day. The last thing you want to do is to giv3e up your internal coping mechanisms and rely on something external to make you happy. That's a one way door towards mystery and depression 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus