Human Mint

Difficulty diving into sexuality (looking for wise advice)

6 posts in this topic

I am a 20 years old guy. I have been with girls just a couple of times and those were times when i felt amazing.

I haven't been with a girl for more than a year ago, and I am having trouble aproaching. I really feel the need to do so and have sexual intimacy But there is something keeping me down (a lot of fear). A train of insecure thoughts and tense feelings come when I talk to almost any girl of my age. It is evolving in socially awkward situations, even with other mans (including friends), and i think that not being able to be free with my own sexuality is contributing to more fear related to social encounters in general.

I share this here because it is the only place i feel free to do so. Thank y'all for that B|

Edit: thinking about it, I may be acting out of selfishness (doing it for me and to felt great afterwards). That may be the reason of fear

Edited by Human Mint

@Human Mint I feel you. I also experienced this.

At some point I realized that this was because I was objectifying them. Why was I doing that? Because I wanted something from them. I looked at them as a piece of cake. Then I have asked my self what was it that I wanted from them exactly? and so on the questioning went until I realized that I really do not need anything from anyone.

Chances are that you are using self-talk to come up with excuses why you are afraid and insecure. You can stop doing that.

Do you know why you get tense talking to woman? What is it that you fear?

8 hours ago, universe said:

Do you know why you get tense talking to woman? What is it that you fear?

@universe I don't really know, but it may be fear of humilliation. I can't handle that, i just freeze and that worsen my feeling of insecurity (and I try to hide it but it is to obvious). For example, I experienced some of this as soon as I opened this post to see what's new.

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

Maybe the ‘fear’ is just thinking of outcomes you don’t want... and feeling the resistance to thinking about what you do want.

@Nahm Yes. And what techniques do yo sugest can help to get me thinking about what I do want?

Thanks