Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

How secretive should you be about your psychedelic use in the west?

14 posts in this topic

If I get into using psychs how secretive should I be? If people know I've used them how badly could the hurt job opportunities? etc

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I wouldn’t put it on your resume.

? I dunno, if I'd be an employer I prefer someone with 5-MeO experience ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I just mean, as long as I am relatively quiet about it I should be fine. I don't want my personal growth work to you know, get in the way of my personal growth. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

30 minutes ago, allislove said:

So true!

21 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I just mean, as long as I am relatively quiet about it I should be fine. I don't want my personal growth work to you know, get in the way of my personal growth. 

I agree. There’s no need to bring it up. It really depends a lot on the industry, line of work, and who you’re talking to specifically. Generally speaking, when it comes up, it might be easier to refer to it as spirituality rather than personal. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I generally make it known after already establishing a relationship with the person I'm sharing with. Since I don't currently use it frequently, it's really not a big deal. I mean, I also sometimes make it known that I used to be addicted to heroin -- though I generally leave out the fact that it was IV use, unless asked directly by someone I trust.

Most people in my life already know I have a lot of history with meditation, so adding psychedelics on top of that is not really deleterious to my reputation or even very noteworthy. As these things de-stigmatize I'll perhaps open up even more.

Edited by The0Self

I share it with stage green hippies and above openly(even people I've just met), just jokingly with stage orange friends, with stage red druggies I'm somehow forced to talk to due to living in a third world country, and never with blues. My dad is an exception as he is blue-orange and has tried LSD.

It's working.

Edited by Espaim

In a public setting, I do not bring it up at all even if the topic comes up in some fashion, I'll play dumb.

I am of the opinion that it is a very bad idea to make your psychedelic use public, there is just way too much negative stigma associated with it. I am also young and in my 20s and I don't want employers to get the idea that I'm some hippie drug user. 

I think if I were to have an established career, reputation, and I was older like 40s-60s, I would be very open about them though.

In personal relationships, I am very open about them.

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

I don't want my personal growth work to you know, get in the way of my personal growth. 

xD exactly 

5 hours ago, allislove said:

I’m giving a formal job interview this Wednesday. When inquiring about their professional experience, I’d love to slip in “Do you have any experience with 5-Meo-dmt? If so, how would you integrate 5-meo into your computer science courses?”. . . and see their reaction. 

Won’t earn you many brownie points except in maybe tech / Silicon Valley