raytvor

Have I felt consciousness during meditation?

4 posts in this topic

Have I felt consciousness during meditation or was I only conceptualizing?

It was present in all of my field of awareness, it was "transparent" but had some qualities I would describe as aliveness, being vibrant, it felt like existence itself and everything is sort of happening within it. 

I definately wasn't in the state of no-mind, I wasn't merged with it, it didn't feel like "me", but it felt familiar to me.

Anything you've felt/experienced your whole life is nothing but pure Consciousness.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@raytvor the question your asking is probably more like, "have I had a shift in my conciousness". Or, have I became more conscious? And to answer the question. If you have doubt then no, if you have a mystical experience, there is zero doubt. You will realize that you are not your body/ mind, this is not a thought or feeling.

11 hours ago, raytvor said:

Have I felt consciousness during meditation or was I only conceptualizing?

@raytvor  It sounds like you felt the Self and are trying to analyze your experience. Your mind is trying to conceptualize what can't be conceptualized. I think that's normal, though. What happened is that you had a glimpse of Consciousness beyond your day-to-day consciousness (which technically is still Consciousness.) @WaveInTheOcean is correct that everything is pure Consciousness, but most people aren't aware of that. @Godishere is correct that it wasn't a full mystical experience where there is no doubt, but I think it is a good start towards a rewarding spiritual path. Keep going.