Leo Gura

Pentagon Confirms New UFO Video

529 posts in this topic

How long do you alien believers think it will take until their existence gets confirmed?

I can set more reminders on my calendar, several years ahead into the future, so I can be right when that specific date comes.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ironically your epistemology is bad in this case.

Being conservative and humble is no virtue when it isn't truthful. Taking default conservative or "humble" stances is not valid science, it's self-deception.

Welp, nothing but a benefit to have the flaws in one's epistemology pointed out, heh.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

58 minutes ago, Alex_R said:

It looks like In June 25 US Goverment and Department of Defense will formally acknowledge UFOs existence and Extraterrestrial life

Its just a news theme. Different themes come in the media for different reason to help the powers that are.  Maybe they want to spend a lot of money for spacewarfair so they need to convince people that other powers are further than US. China is getting quite far now in space.  Or maybe other reasons. 

Its so easy to put a ledlamp with turnable light source on a drone for example. Or to edit videos. Other explanations are far fetched and unlikely.

Just use your common sense.

Edited by Gregp

19 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

How long do you alien believers think it will take until their existence gets confirmed?

It's already been confirmed many times. What you're really asking is: "How long until my denials become untennable?"

Well, that all depends on how stubborn you wanna be.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

41 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I can set more reminders on my calendar, several years ahead into the future, so I can be right when that specific date comes.

Seriously ?
Aliens ?

That's Aliens you think don't exist and can't be around ?
That's the least suprising discovery mankind can make as of now.

Of course there is aliens out there, there is trillions of stars out there, the chance that one solar system with inhabitants capable of doing interstellar travel is ridiculously high.

We're not in the 90's anymore, The X-Files is not some edgy stuff today, if you want to be edgy about denying stuff you gotta find something more outrageous to be in denial of,

Like God.

xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's already been confirmed many times. What you're really asking is: "How long until my denials become untennable?"

Well, that all depends on how stubborn you wanna be.

I must say it's interesting that you are so confident about this subject.

I hope you are right, but I don't think you are.

It's ok to change opinion about this subject in the future. I've been more pro-aliens before.

I'm of course not 100% sure that they aren't aliens, but I think they most likely aren't. I wish they would be aliens.

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Seriously ?
Aliens ?

That's Aliens you think don't exist and can't be around ?
That's the least suprising discovery mankind can make as of now.

Of course there is aliens out there, there is trillions of stars out there, the chance that one solar system with inhabitants capable of doing interstellar travel is ridiculously high.

We're not in the 90's anymore, The X-Files is not some edgy stuff today, if you want to be edgy about denying stuff you gotta find something more outrageous to be in denial of,

Like God.

xD

I'm sure there are aliens somewhere. But it's a completely different thing whether they are visiting earth or not.

40 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I must say it's interesting that you are so confident about this subject.

I hope you are right, but I don't think you are.

It's ok to change opinion about this subject in the future. I've been more pro-aliens before.

I'm of course not 100% sure that they aren't aliens, but I think they most likely aren't. I wish they would be aliens.

I'm sure there are aliens somewhere. But it's a completely different thing whether they are visiting earth or not.

Are you one of those that think the physics wouldn't allow other races to visit us? You think humans have already figured out the laws of space-exploration?

Think of how much we have discovered in the last 100 years, and now think of how much other civiliztions have discovered in a thousand, or in a million years.

Be skeptical, but don't be arrogant. We have barely even scratched the surface.

16 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Are you one of those that think the physics wouldn't allow other races to visit us? You think humans have already figured out the laws of space-exploration?

Think of how much we have discovered in the last 100 years, and now think of how much other civiliztions have discovered in a thousand, or in a million years.

Be skeptical, but don't be arrogant. We have barely even scratched the surface.

No I'm not one of those.

No I don't think we have figured out much.

It's just that there's no good reason to believe that aliens are visiting us.

There's literally not a single good picture or video of a alien or a alien space/aircraft. Only blurry footage. They could be anything.

And the radar stuff could be anything: glitch in the equipment, ice crystals, etc.

And the words from eyewitnesses could also be anything: lies, illusions, hallucinations, etc.

Edited by Blackhawk

50 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

No I'm not one of those.

No I don't think we have figured out much.

It's just that there's no good reason to believe that aliens are visiting us.

There's literally not a single good picture or video of a alien or a alien space/aircraft. Only blurry footage. They could be anything.

And the radar stuff could be anything: glitch in the equipment, ice crystals, etc.

And the words from eyewitnesses could also be anything: lies, illusions, hallucinations, etc.

Here is where I would link you to credible sources and real testimonies from high-ranking officials, but it looks you have already made up your mind about this.

The movement to bring UFO credibility into mainstream consciousness is just beginning, and you will look back at your current denial with embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Here is where I would link you to credible sources and real testimonies from high-ranking officials, but it looks you have already made up your mind about this.

The movement to bring UFO credibility into mainstream consciousness is just beginning, and you will look back at your current denial with embarrassment. 

Show me the stuff then.

David Fravor, ok, that's one.

The other 2 pilots who have talked infront of a camera don't think that they saw aliens. They just don't know what they saw, that doesn't mean it's aliens.

6 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Challenge accepted. I set a calendar reminder on 1 year from now, and then I will write to you again, although I will probably be banned by then.

If you want to believe there are aliens, you sort of have to believe astronomers are conspiring against the mainstream and trying to hide it from the public. The pentagon is not the only organisation looking at the sky. Evidence which is actually relevant to alien life gets published in academic papers. Just jumping to rogue conclusions from a blurry video is ridiculous. It doesn't mean there's no aliens but it doesn't mean there are either.

Astronomers are probably the most passionate people about alien life. This idea that they would deny the truth out of close mindedness is ridiculous. 

Concluding there are aliens is silly yet concluding the are no aliens is not correct either. We simply don't have enough evidence to conclude anything at this point. Why so eager to claim those types of things as a forum member? If you really care that much get into astronomy, observe the sky and then you'll claim what you want from your observations.

38 minutes ago, 4201 said:

If you want to believe there are aliens, you sort of have to believe astronomers are conspiring against the mainstream and trying to hide it from the public. The pentagon is not the only organisation looking at the sky. Evidence which is actually relevant to alien life gets published in academic papers. Just jumping to rogue conclusions from a blurry video is ridiculous. It doesn't mean there's no aliens but it doesn't mean there are either.

Astronomers are probably the most passionate people about alien life. This idea that they would deny the truth out of close mindedness is ridiculous. 

Concluding there are aliens is silly yet concluding the are no aliens is not correct either. We simply don't have enough evidence to conclude anything at this point. Why so eager to claim those types of things as a forum member? If you really care that much get into astronomy, observe the sky and then you'll claim what you want from your observations.

This seems like more of an Open Minded way of approaching this issue than drawing a Line in the Sand in either direction.

2 hours ago, 4201 said:

41 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

This seems like more of an Open Minded way of approaching this issue than drawing a Line in the Sand in either direction.

I don't think you guys give both options precisely 50% probability of being true, if you are being honest.

If you have to choose one of the alternatives, which would you choose?

A. They are aliens. 

B. They are not aliens.

I'm like 95% for B.

It's not my fault that I happen to be so smart that I know what's true. I would be stupid if I would force myself to give both A and B 50%.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

I don't think you guys give both options precisely 50% probability of being true, if you are being honest.

A. They are aliens. 

B. They are not aliens.

I'm like 95% for B.

It's not my fault that I happen to be so smart that I know what's true. I would be stupid if I would force myself to give both A and B 50%.

C. While I don't necessarily think that the two options are equally likely, that's purely speculation on my part. Not like I'd have any real justification for whatever percentages I'd come up with, other than just a hunch.

And even if you're right and it's only a %5 chance that it's aliens, things with a 1 in 20 chance happen all the time. It's not like those are Lottery odds; if you had to go in for a Medical Procedure where there was a %5 of dying on the operating table, you'd take that 1 in 20 chance very seriously.

4 hours ago, 4201 said:

If you want to believe there are aliens, you sort of have to believe astronomers are conspiring against the mainstream

Or... telescopes can't photograph an object that moves like hummingbird 20 miles in front of it.

Maybe study how focal distance, FOV, exposure time, and telescopes work. Since you are so scientific you should know such basics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, DocWatts said:

And even if you're right and it's only a %5 chance that it's aliens, things with a 1 in 20 chance happen all the time. It's not like those are Lottery odds; if you had to go in for a Medical Procedure where there was a %5 of dying on the operating table, you'd take that 1 in 20 chance very seriously.

Yes absolutely.

4 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

"Are UFO's Real?" Actualized.org episode when? :D

UFO's (Unidentified Flying Objects) have been real for thousands of years..

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

A. They are aliens. 

B. They are not aliens.

I'm like 95% for B.

But you don't have to choose. There's no reason to pick one and risk being wrong... (on a topic you have no control over anyway)

If we don't know we don't know, you can't assign probabilities to not knowing.