SS10

New Forum Feature

13 posts in this topic

Not sure where else to go with this..

But I think Leo should develop a Like and perhaps a Like/Dislike feature for all our threads...

There is a silent majority that dont participate in discussions and this could help get them more engaged.

Also it will be easier to view the the most liked/agreed with viewpoints in the comment section, I think this could reinvent the forum possibly.

I read somewhere that this existed in the past but was removed. I think it's better without this feature. 

3 minutes ago, SS10 said:

But I think Leo should develop a Like and perhaps a Like/Dislike feature for all our threads

We had that feature at the forum's inception. I deliberately killed it because it encourages group-think and unconsciousness. I have never regretted the decision. Those like buttons are a curse upon thinking people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I remember when it was here and honestly its so much better without.

I'd just end up only reading the highest liked message and skim over the rest, and it changes your perception of people and their posts.

Forums a lot more clean without it.

3 minutes ago, AdamDiC said:

I remember when it was here and honestly its so much better without.

I'd just end up only reading the highest liked message and skim over the rest, and it changes your perception of people and their posts.

Forums a lot more clean without it.

How long ago was it here?

Perhaps in that time the conscious level of the forum has likely increased, so its effects could be much different from before.

Perhaps we should vote on this issue. Lets have some democracy on the forum hahaha.

Joking, Leo will never give up his power :)

Edited by SS10

@SS10

8 minutes ago, SS10 said:

Perhaps in that time the conscious level of the forum has likely increased

Don't think so. Leo fanbase has increased, and I think it did it faster than the speed of consciousness improvement of the majority of pre-existing members (sorry guys).

@Leo Gura What about adding the option to see the activity of a user in a specific subforum?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We had that feature at the forum's inception. I deliberately killed it because it encourages group-think and unconsciousness. I have never regretted the decision. Those like buttons are a curse upon thinking people.

Thank you 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

"Those like buttons are a curse upon thinking people", now that is something for the history books:D

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Thank you brotherhood, you have saved us normies the same emotional trauma as that social media causes us. 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

2 hours ago, SS10 said:

Perhaps in that time the conscious level of the forum has likely increased

Hahaha...yeah, no. Just like society, the more people there are, by percentages, the lower the consciousness/Spiral Stages. 

I think one could play with that function.

For example for every like rating there will be a narcissim and delusion point to balance the post.

No thanks, it will be abused by charming psychopaths and suggestible people alike. Ha :D

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

This issue has been settled.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.