Someone here

Are animals enlightened?

81 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

That's enlightenment :)

So were you enlightened when you were 1.5 years old? I think you have to get lost to find you again and see the truth . Just be is enough, or course, but it seems that us the humans have another path

Edited by Breakingthewall

22 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

So were you enlightened when you were 1.5 years old? 

I think yes. It of course depends on what version of enlightenment are we talking about.. Here I'm talking about the simplicity of being without ego agenda and delusion. Humans are so delusional. Animals are lighter. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Human minds are very sophisticated and intelligent, and as a result so are their delusions. The more complex your mind is, the more complex your delusions will be.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

I think yes. It of course depends on what version of enlightenment are we talking about.. Here I'm talking about the simplicity of being without ego agenda and delusion. Humans are so delusional. Animals are lighter. 

Is a rock enlightened?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is a rock enlightened?

I don't know. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I don't know. 

Stop it. About animals, Breakingthewall said "they simple are", and you answered "That is enlightenment". Does that not apply to rocks?

Edited by Carl-Richard

23 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

About animals, Breakingthewall said "they simple are", and you answered "That is enlightenment". Does that not apply to rocks?

Yes but rocks aren't even sentient beings. Animals.. They simply are but they are conscious. 

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Yes but rocks aren't even sentient beings. Animals.. They simply are but they are conscious. 

Animals are sentient, present, aware, conscious, but so are unenlightened humans. Humans are also "sapient" (wise beings capable of thought). Rocks, trees, animals and humans are being. However, enlightenment is when being shines through the prism of sapience, or when the illusory nature of thought is illuminated by the light of being. Animals, rocks and trees aren't sapient and therefore not enlightened.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Once there is a self realization it's noticed that you are a rock too. "As life is, it's enlightened" Osho. It appears that a human being awakens to the true nature, it's not. It's true nature awakens to itself. It's not even awakening of true nature, it's more like stop believing that you are a separate entity. So, your question becomes more like: "Are true nature can believe that it is an animal?". I haven't seen the animal shouting that "I am an animal!! I am right!!!", perhaps, except the human beings :D. "Are true nature can believe that it is a rock?". I haven't seen the rock that behaves like it's a separate entity :D. Rocks and animals are you, already enlightened if you see yourself as it is.

Everything is already enlightened. Love is unconditional. Everything is possible, dream big. Only you can realize who you are, since everything is you. Don't believe in the descriptions about yourself, you are way more grandiose. This very experience is the only chance to know yourself, be grateful, live in spirit, inspire everything, just by being yourself. ^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Carl-Richard

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Animals are sentient, present, aware, conscious, but so are unenlightened humans. Humans are also "sapient" (wise beings capable of thought). Rocks, trees, animals and humans are being. However, enlightenment is when being shines through the prism of sapience, or when the illusory nature of thought is illuminated by the light of being. Animals, rocks and trees aren't sapient and therefore not enlightened.

I agree with @allislove :xthat life itself with all its forms is "enlightened".. It's all different expressions of the same energy. Every being is enlightened in its own way..because it's inevitable part of the cosmic dance. You seem to have a strict definition of enlightenment that I don't agree with. Enlightenment has nothing to do with "wisdom" or "thoughts".  

-Osho

@Someone here

The “difference” between you and the rock is the rock doesn’t believe there’s a difference, a you and a rock, and so there is no rock. Perfect peace. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

59 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard

I agree with @allislove :xthat life itself with all its forms is "enlightened".. It's all different expressions of the same energy. Every being is enlightened in its own way..because it's inevitable part of the cosmic dance. You seem to have a strict definition of enlightenment that I don't agree with. Enlightenment has nothing to do with "wisdom" or "thoughts".  

Thank you for agreeing ♥️

Wonder who claims to agree or disagree? Is this entity really exist or it's just a thought, like a thought about ?? A rock doesn't claim to agree or disagree. Where is the claimer located, can you find it? Just be as a rock, neutral, just let the movie play in the best possible way, as one. ?

1 minute ago, allislove said:

Just be as a rock, neutral, just let the movie play in the best possible way, as one. ?

This advice is a little silly, since this is always already happening. 

It's similar to saying, 'be yourself'.

'being myself' is literally what I'm already always doing.

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard

Now you're being carried away by the absolute/relative conflation.

I don't have anything against Allislove or Nahm bringing up the absolute perspective as an answer to your question, but you should know that the very second you asked your question, you started operating in the relative, and that is why I went there as well. Allislove and Nahm are just trying to reel you back in while I'm the devil who is willfully engaging in the illusion of separateness.

In an absolute sense, there are no distinctions; no rocks, no animals, no people; no enlightened beings, no unenlightened beings. But in a relative sense, there are rocks, animals, people, enlightened people. You could say you're indeed aware of this distinction, but please choose one or the other instead of jumping back and forth.

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Now you're being carried away by the absolute/relative conflation.

"The Strange Loop phenomenon occurs whenever, by moving upwards (or downwards) through levels of some hierarchial system, we unexpectedly find ourselves right back where we started." - Douglas Hofstadter

Edited by Mason Riggle

@Mason Riggle

I couldn’t agree more. Yes, this is always already happening: every moment is always perfect & everything is already one. Still, relatively speaking, saying that be as a rock, neutral, do not cling to the thinking, don't see yourself as a separate thinker may be a helpful pointer, don't you think so? ;) 

@allislove as helpful as any.. pointers are also always already happening, perfectly. ;) 

There is a video by Sadhguru in "Sadhguru Exclusive"  platform where he dives deeper into if Animals are capable of getting Enlightened and how Ramana Maharshi once enlightened a cow.  He talks about it in the videos below but doesnt go as deep as in the video mentioned above

Short answer to if Animals are Enlightened is No. Enlightenment is the peak of human evolution. An animal can only get enlightened if they were a human being in a past life. If that is the case, it is possible to regress that animal's being back into his human form and enlighten him/her in that form. That is apparently how Ramana Maharshi did it to the cow called Lakshmi that used to hang around his ashram for decades. So that cow was a human in a past life and Ramana recognized that and did the necessary energetic process to enlighten the cow. This is just me paraphrasing what was mentioned by Sadhguru

Edited by Chi_

On 18/04/2021 at 4:53 PM, Javfly33 said:

It's time to surrender to the fact that .....

It's time you let people believe whatever they want to and you do you. What do you think about that?

Why are you so concerned what other people believe, if they "are already god"

If you really believed that you wouldn't tell anyone to "surrender" to what they already were. I.e you don't actually believe this is a fact.

Why do you pretend to be this "enlightened figure" while bashing others about their "ego" on other posts of yours? Haven't you noticed your own ego? You got a nice rush of dopamine don't you? Make you feel a bit important doesn't it? "Ohh I know something the othet person doesn't " but here I am breaking your delusion.

Edited by VirusOfTheCult