Tim R

What makes God God?

29 posts in this topic

I haven't yet realized the facet of God/ the Godhead, and I don't know what even to look for. 

My question is this:

What exactly do you realize, which in the moment of realization makes you say "holy sh*t this is God!"? 

Because in my experience, every facet is extremely characteristic, so when you realize Oneness or Love, you immediately and without any doubt recognize it as Oneness or Love.

So what are the characteristics of the realization of the Godhead? 

The characterization is first and foremost that you're God. That God is what you are. God isn't something external to experience. 

Realizing that one's true self is truly and fully identical in nature to the selfless self of God, well that's it.

The realization to me is often accompanied with deep feelings of love, ecstasy, Joy, peace, a overwhelming sense and understanding of one's true omnipotence, omnipresence, omnitemporal, omni forgiving, all Loving all embracing, all knowing, infinitely, extreme and deliberate will/infinite intelligence / infinite Love/Oneness.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

For me, when i realized i was IT, it hit me like a ton of bricks in the face, just an obvious realization, like nothing has been clearer ever in my life than that moment. 

Tho I do feel that the GOD Head is something different but maybe not 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

It's a realization that everything in your life -- life itself -- everything that 'has happened to you', is actually fully and wholly YOUR OWN DOING! Hehe. It's very profound.

It's a realization that your life as 'insert-your-name' is "just" a dream, and that the dreamer is The Real You as God.

It's a realization that there is no real reason to fear anything (except in so far as fear serves intelligent and deliberate purposes within the context of the dream).

It's a realization that everything that has happened in your life is (ultimately) Perfect. And nothing not-Perfect can ever happen. Whatever happens; it's Perfect.

(Though, of course, We want to have a, relatively speaking, good dream. Just as when playing a MMORPG you want to slay monsters with your guild and optimize your character to the maximum capacity and help others in doing the same).

It's just you. Just God. Just Love. Just Leela.

So obvious it can only be missed.

So simple, yet so infinitely complex.

So real, yet unreal.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

36 minutes ago, Tim R said:

What exactly do you realize, which in the moment of realization makes you say "holy sh*t this is God!"? 

You don't use the brain to realize God, if you are using the brain then it is not God, the brain is limited and God is not.

people keep talking about psychedelics simply because it does shut the brain up ... then they can see the only thing that will make them fall in love (the real one).

They become addicts.

48 minutes ago, Tim R said:

I haven't yet realized the facet of God/ the Godhead, and I don't know what even to look for. 

Imagine a fish looking for an ocean. 

1 minute ago, Fadl said:

people keep talking about psychedelics simply because it does shut the brain up ... then they can see the only thing that will make them fall in love (the real one).

They become addicts.

Psychedelics have an extremely low addiction profile. One of the lowest addiction profiles of all substances. 

There are some risks with psychedelics, yet addiction is extremely low on the list. Psychedelics can actually help people to recover form drug and alcohol addiction. 

49 minutes ago, Tim R said:

That it is that which creates this experience, and that it's totally and absolutely good and absolutely selfless. 

8 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Psychedelics have an extremely low addiction profile. One of the lowest addiction profiles of all substances. 

Those who know how to use psychedelics become addicts, they are addicted to love, not the psychedelics.

Humans have a problem, this problem is what make us create endless wars.

We cant see God. 

When you see him, everything is solved. 

Infinite Love. 

Edited by Zeroguy

58 minutes ago, Kalo said:

The Godhead is something or rather no-thing which you are conscious of, not something you believe you are. The first thing you should become conscious of and testify, is that you are not the Supreme Godhead itself, and then testify that there is none worthy of worship except Him.

If you are not the Godhead, but something the Godhead created..., well, then what created the Godhead? It just came out of nowhere and wanted to create something? Or maybe it's always been here for eternity and suddenly decided to create you? But what made it decide to create you?

@Tim R there is no god. If you think as creator, nothing has been created. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

4 hours ago, Forestluv said:
4 hours ago, Tim R said:

Imagine a fish looking for an ocean. 

@Forestluv  Heheeh! Yeees! You made me lough! I will use that one! hehe :D

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

The first thing you should become conscious of and testify, is that you are not the Supreme Godhead itself, and then testify that there is none worthy of worship except Him.

Sounds like something a catholic priest would tell me to do. 

7 minutes ago, James123 said:

@Tim R there is no god. If you think as creator, nothing has been created. 

do you really understand what you are talking about??? 

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

Sounds like something a catholic priest would tell me to do. 

Just dont think, or go to so called sleep thats godhead is. Simple. There is nothing there and that’s what You are. 

1 minute ago, Fadl said:

do you really understand what you are talking about??? 

No. Understanding and knowing is the greatest illusion. 

Thank you guys for your replies anyway.

Whenever I ask these sorts of questions I later realize that I should've not even asked. 

No answer, though answers were given. 

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

No. Understanding and knowing is the greatest illusion. 

you are hurt, and if you are hurt you can't understand.

1 minute ago, Fadl said:

you are hurt, and if you are hurt you can't understand.

If i cant understand, i can not know what being hurt is. So nothing happens.

Peace! 

8 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Thank you guys for your replies anyway.

Whenever I ask these sorts of questions I later realize that I should've not even asked. 

No answer, though answers were given. 

hehe, stop acting like a stupid victim, these daddy issues will never help you ... 

5 minutes ago, James123 said:

Peace

peace and love man, take it easy ... listen to me, your ego is hurt, fix that then talk about God.