Wilhelm44

How would a moneyless society come about ?

31 posts in this topic

I don't mean a return to a barter economy. I'm thinking something more next level. Beyond crypto also. Would it simply be a case of technology eventually becoming so good that everything becomes so abundantly cheap that money essentially becomes redundant ?

I think as long as people are needy and selfish there will always be something that people measure their wealth with, which will operate as money.

Also the amount of people living on this planet would make it quite hard.

So I would say it's not about development of technology but development of mankind.

Edited by Snader

Most folks want to be a bit richer than we are now, and higher up the social pyramid, so that competition fuels the money system (you can more easily hoard money than most other resources). 

Also, cheap prices for buyers means low income for sellers, it's a duality of the transaction which creates the current belief that a small but positive inflation is desirable. Sellers want high prices but buyers want low, it's supply and demand. 

We could have a moneyless system in a hardline communist state where everyone is given a ration book by the govt and selling privately for cash is criminalised. But I'm not seriously suggesting it, maybe in an emergency situation if the regular economy breaks down. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

If your society is trade-based, money is the best possible method of trading. Works far better than barter. So, if you're wanting to evolve past money, you are looking to evolve past trade. The only way to do that is a gift-economy.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Yes, clearly there needs to be a massive shift in consciousness and technology for that to happen. And I wonder if it's something we might see the beginnings of in our own lifetime ? 

19 minutes ago, Consept said:

Everyone would have to transcend their individual ego and think in at least a world centric way, which is probably 1000 plus years away 

What's interesting is that a lot of Asian cultures are built on the idea of Universal Harmony and Peace, which is very similar to this. That's why in many Asian countries the culture of extreme individualism never caught. But a moneyless society? Well society as a whole would have to be at the lower tier stage green. 

So if I want 50 big houses, the society would be obliged to give me them? Or what?

It could work if everyone gets the exact same amount of stuff. But it would require massive amount of monitoring that everyone actually gets the exact same amount of stuff. And then there's the issue with cheating and stealing. You would have to have super tough penalties for cheating and stealing.

Or btw, no, not even that would work since everyone have different needs, hobbies, etc.

It would be completely impossible. Forget it.

Changing company hierarchy structures to community holocricy structures will have a significant impact. They are already emerging, where each individuals contribution to the company directly matches their compensation.

Company hierarchy structures that we have today is socialized slavery. Where we all work for scraps to make the head of the company rich. This needs to change so the wealth is distributed fairly through out the companys humans. Hard jobs, unapealing jobs, hard workers, top contributors/innovators, resourcefulness, managers, visionaries are all compensated proportionally, There will be a strategist at the head keeping things on track. 

This is a intermediate step that can form as society transitions from orange to green, because these properly structured green companies can exist and compete in capitalist waters. 

Its not about moneyless, its about changing how money is earned which changes the meaning of money. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

We would have to transcend the Law of Supply and Demand that determines the market value for goods and services currently.

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

So if I want 50 big houses, the society would be obliged to give me them? Or what?

Yes! That's exactly how it would work. The difference though is that if everyone's honest about what they actually want, not everyone wants 50 big houses, so there wouldn't be a need for competition. It would be easy co-operation.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

2 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Yes! That's exactly how it would work. The difference though is that if everyone's honest about what they actually want, not everyone wants 50 big houses, so there wouldn't be a need for competition. It would be easy co-operation.

....Just forget it. Of course it would never work.

@integral  This is interesting. I am curious, in a flat hierarchy, do all the employees get paid a similar amount, or is it more a case of everyone receiving an equal or fair share of the profits the company makes ? 

13 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

In a love based society no devil would want freaking 50 big houses

51 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

In a love based society no devil would want freaking 50 big houses

There would be many people who would want stuff like that.

That "love based society" will never happen. It's not possible.

Through consciousness and technological advancement. Eventually, we will have technologies that can manipulate things on the atomic level. Potentially materializing anything we want, we might make a Dyson sphere to convert energy from the sun to any resources we need. This will equalize all material to the same value since there is no more scarcity. Thus there will be no need for money. To reach this level, we would have solved the unified field theory in physics, which will lead to the birth of many technologies that currently only exist in sci-fi novels. But it will also enable us the power to create weapons that are exponentially more powerful than what we have now. So we need most of the population to develop consciously to a point where we will not make or use these technologies for war and ends up killing everyone. If we reach that point, we will be able to work together as a whole and explore the universe as a higher-tier civilization.   

1 hour ago, Wilhelm44 said:

@integral  This is interesting. I am curious, in a flat hierarchy, do all the employees get paid a similar amount, or is it more a case of everyone receiving an equal or fair share of the profits the company makes ? 

Not equal but balanced/fair. The pay out to a single employ wont exceed more then 1-3x. Company earnings would be held in a company account not directly controlled by 1 individual. Blockchain systems can do all this, where each company has its own delegate governance system.. There is still a head figure, but what gives him that power is delegated power from the employes. 

There are alot of issues that can arise from this, just an idea of how we could go about doing all this and maybe something that can be implemented/experimented with today. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?