Lyubov

Does killing and eating animals have a place in conscious society?

105 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Pahaha... No you wouldn't. You would need tools for that, which first need to be invented and are not part of your "equipment" at birth.

And of what good is your brain if you cannot use it? That is another "tool" given to you at birth....

Look at this poor monkeys, climbing slippery rocks to hide away from lions. We have bigger brains... and thats the only difference between us and them

Edited by wwhy

Regarding arguments for evolutionary adaptation and structural compatibility, there are arguments on both sides, but I believe it mostly rules in favor of plants. That is however somewhat a separate issue to what leads to the best health or longevity. Evolution could technically produce a so-called death receptor that when bound to a specific transmitter substance terminates the life of that organism. That doesn't mean we ought to feed that receptor to obtain optimal bodily functioning. It's therefore not so simple to draw a 1-to-1 relationship between a structural adaptation and things like health and longevity.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Regarding arguments for evolutionary adaptation and structural compatibility, there are arguments on both sides, but I believe it mostly rules in favor of plants. That is however somewhat a separate issue to what leads to the best health or longevity. Evolution could technically produce a so-called death receptor that when bound to a specific transmitter substance terminates the life of that organism. That doesn't mean we ought to feed that receptor to obtain optimal bodily functioning. It's therefore not so simple to draw a 1-to-1 relationship between a structural adaptation and things like health and longevity.

Me like meat. Meat good for me.

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That's just to show that canines do not determine whether an animal is "desgiend" to eat meat.

Let me say it again: we are omnivores.

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Don't get me wrong, I like meat, too. I just don't think that eating a lot of it is good for others, the planet, your health, and of course, the animals, in the world we're living in today, and this is more important to me than my personal taste preferences.

Do you think a lions feels bad about eating a zebra? A lion has CANINE TEETH and it's going to do what it does. I too, have CANINE TEETH, and ama sink them into some Kentucky Fried Chicken.

1 hour ago, wwhy said:

Me like meat. Meat good for me.

This level of discourse is an indicator of when a topic has run its course. Guess we have to wait a couple of days for the next vegan debate thread to pop up 9_9

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Exactly, we can eat both meat and plants.

So if we can and are equipped to eat both, why are some humans turning this into some kind of religion? Where you are good if you eat plants, and bad if you eat meat?

Edited by wwhy

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

And the hippopotamus, the animal with the largest canines, sinks them into grasses and plants. So, why don't you do that? Canines are dumb justification to eat at KFC.

I agre with @Carl-Richard, at this level, there's no point to further engaging in the discourse. It's a dead end, you can already tell.

That hippo is doinf whatever the F it CHOOSES to do. I'm also doing whatever the F I choose to do. Who are this people who think they can judge and shame me into doing what they want me to do with my own mouth?

What you can do is not always what you should do. I could kill a person with my hands, does this mean I should? The fact that we're omnivores means we can also live well on eating predominantly or even exclusively plants.

How do you decide what I should and should not do? And if I'm born with CANINE TEETH, how did you come to the conclusion that I should not use what am born with? Are you smarter than mother-nature/god/whatever?

19 minutes ago, wwhy said:

So if we can and are equipped to eat both, why are some humans turning this into some kind of religion? Where you are good if you eat plants, and bad if you eat meat?

When I first started eating whole food plant based diet for about six months then I slipped and started eating Mcdonald's, KFC, and sandwiches with meat etc. 

My body gained around 25 lbs in about two weeks! It was unbelievable because I have never been able to gain weight. I've also been the same weight within a few lbs all my adult life. I have a scale that tracks body weight, body mass and lots of parameters. The scale said, "is this the same person!"

I don't eat whole food plant based because of spiritual reasons but because it's healthier. I don't want to be sick and weak when I get older. 

My weight has returned to normal now.

I'm sure it's better for our environment too. 

4 minutes ago, freejoy said:

My body gained around 25 lbs in about two weeks! It was unbelievable because I have never been able to gain weight. I've also been the same weight within a few lbs all my adult life. I have a scale that tracks body weight, body mass and lots of parameters. The scale said, "is this the same person!"

Did you become clinically obese, or did you just gain weight? Don't forget, meat is tasty. So you were probably also eating a lot more..

Life is cruel is a fact. Op do you feel angry when you see a lion killing a gazelle in a 10 times more brutal way than shoting a cow with a fast and clean death?

If yes, you have a proble with the cycle of life. if not you're a hypocrite.

The we dont need meat is a falsehood.

Okinawa diet from japanese people is considered the one that brings more vhealth and longevity. Guess what? It contains 90grams of meat or fish a  day. TA -DA!!!

Veganism is pushed by the elites to reduce the environmental impact of overpopulation, this is good for nature and the ecololgy. But really bad for our own health.

1 minute ago, wwhy said:

Did you become clinically obese, or did you just gain weight? Don't forget, meat is tasty. So you were probably also eating a lot more..

No I didn't get obese. 

I'm not sure if I eat more because it never mattered in my life how much I eat I couldn't gain weight. Plus I ate tons of food on the plant based diet. Lots of nuts, avocados, oranges, gains, broccoli, berries, beans etc.

Yes meat is tasty for sure.  I always ate meat at almost every meal.

Now I buy plant based meat, not much though. Also been learning how to get that savory favor from other foods. 

It's a learning process in how to prepare foods.

8 minutes ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

Veganism is pushed by the elites to reduce the environmental impact of overpopulation, this is good for nature and the ecololgy. But really bad for our own health.

And why is that? Could it because we are omnivores?

7 minutes ago, wwhy said:

And why is that? Could it because we are omnivores?

Who cares if we are omnivores or what. It appears evolution has design us to be able to eat almost anything.

I see food like gas for a car.

Some gas is better for the car. But the car will run on about any kind of gas.

Evolution cares only about getting us reproduced. I want to live much longer than that.

4 minutes ago, freejoy said:

Who cares if we are omnivores or what. It appears evolution has design us to be able to eat almost anything.

I see food like gas for a car.

Some gas is better for the car. But the car will run on about any kind of gas.

Evolution cares only about getting us reproduced. I want to live much longer than that.

The one diet I've ever been on was Keto. It's all about eating meat and fat, and avoiding carbs. I've never felt greater and more alive than when I was on it. Carbs are tasty too... so it did not last long.

Edited by wwhy

Just now, wwhy said:

The one diet I've ever been on was Keto. It's all about eating meat and fat, and avoiding carbs. I've never felt greater or more than when I was on it.

The thing about the Keto diet is their are no long term studies on it.

I love meat I kind of wish the Keto diet was right. 

I don't have time to learn everything about nutrition, although I have studied it.

I know I'm getting all my nutritional needs met with my diet. Pretty sure. It's a hell of a lot better than most people!

I listen to Dr Greger mostly about diet related matters. Not that he has it perfectly correct. Because I'm not sure he has it correct about salt, he probably does though : ). I like my salt! 

If you like you can listen to what he has to say about Keto:

Maybe he is right. You decide.

9 minutes ago, freejoy said:

The thing about the Keto diet is their are no long term studies on it.

I love meat I kind of wish the Keto diet was right. 

I don't have time to learn everything about nutrition, although I have studied it.

I know I'm getting all my nutritional needs met with my diet. Pretty sure. It's a hell of a lot better than most people!

I listen to Dr Greger mostly about diet related matters. Not that he has it perfectly correct. Because I'm not sure he has it correct about salt, he probably does though : ). I like my salt! 

If you like you can listen to what he has to say about Keto:

Maybe he is right. You decide.

Wow. Such an irritating voice. Could not watch it all.

All am saying is I did my own personal shot-term studies on it and it was great. My mind felt sharper, and I was less hungry.

On 16/04/2021 at 0:37 AM, Preety_India said:

Look being vegan is fine. But if someone eats meat because it suits their body and health or if they have a medical issue, it should be fine as well. 

This is the healthiest view on diets I have ever heard coming out of someones mouth ?

5 minutes ago, wwhy said:

Wow. Such an irritating voice. Could not watch it all.

All am saying is I did my own personal shot-term studies on it and it was great. My mind felt sharper, and I was less hungry.

You might be right.

As for me I think the best diet is whole food plant based.

I wish you well.