Lyubov

Does killing and eating animals have a place in conscious society?

105 posts in this topic

Eating meat seems very unnecessary. Really hope we grow out of it.

“Norwegian decent” + “slender frame” in Your post made me listen to A-ha?

@Flowerfaeiry

Eventually it will be replaced it with lab grown meat and insect farms, as those can become way more efficient, therefore cheaper, less taxing on the ecology and the ethics are also more easy-going :)

Btw. Animal pastures and grazing do play a role in bio-dynamic farming, so im quite sure we will be "farming" animals, just with different conditions and lower scale.

7 hours ago, Dingo said:

Eventually it will be replaced it with lab grown meat and insect farms, as those can become way more efficient, therefore cheaper, less taxing on the ecology and the ethics are also more easy-going :)

Btw. Animal pastures and grazing do play a role in bio-dynamic farming, so im quite sure we will be "farming" animals, just with different conditions and lower scale.

Interesting to note that lab grown synthetic meat uses less resources to develop than some forms of plant based food.

What we should be shooting for is to make maintaining an ethical diet to be as easy as possible, similar to how we would also want Voting in elections to be as easy as possible. In a Late Stage Capitalist society it's unfortunately been the opposite for much of our history, but it's encouraging to see that this trend has been changing over the past few decades.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

It has it's place for sure, but not in the way it's being done by a lot of people right now.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Don't forget that you feel compassion for these animals because you are wired to do so for the biggest part. They are evolutionary and more importantly anatomically similar to you, so you can read them easily, read off information out of them, out of their eyes, sound, mouth, movement, breathing, skin, smell.

But on the other hand, you'll "torture" and skin a potato like it was nothing, with a blank face, engaged in whatever you are cooking, You know nothing about the "being" level of a potato, so you do not even consider it. To you its dead object that you eat, or at least somewhat alive, but regardless the case, you are not getting all the input you would as from lets say, a mammal, so its not enough input, or not the right inputs to trigger something as compassion.

I am not saying that a potato feels the same stuff as cows ofc, its somewhat of a crude example, but on the contrary I am saying that our selfish wiring, by default allows us to feel the cows but not the potatoes. Or more broadly said: Our body is lobbying us to feel and empathize with the ones that are the closest to us, you can say its the same pattern that makes people Nazis, but on a more deep and bios depth kind of level.

Just a re-contextualization example.

Edited by Yog

12 minutes ago, Yog said:

But on the other hand, you'll "torture" and skin a potato like it was nothing, with a blank face, engaged in whatever you are cooking, You know nothing about the "being" level of a potato, so you do not even consider it.

people do think like this about animals though and those who do the mass animal slaughtering have to think that way in order to be able to cope with it.  They have to Imagine that the animal is just an object, otherwise it would be too difficult. 

of course if you are hunting an animal because you are starving and need to feed your family to survive, that would also make it easier to kill, because you will die otherwise.

11 minutes ago, wwhy said:

@Lyubov

Does this one also offend you?

no....

cause that's all a lion can do

humans dont have the same mind and limitations a lion does

also if you read my post I made an exception for people living in less developed countries and don't have that same privilege and material options. obviously my post does not apply to a farmer that can only grow rice and eat chickens. 

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

humans dont have the same mind and limitations a lion does

Did you know that humans have CANINE TEETH?

2 hours ago, wwhy said:

Did you know that humans have CANINE TEETH?

did you know humans can get drunk by putting alcohol up their asses? 

the point is to exercise your ability to consciously choose what causes the least amount of harm to animals while still fulfilling your own nourishment. you have molars as well. 

Edited by Lyubov

3 hours ago, wwhy said:

humans have CANINE TEETH?

Lol yeah, those huge canines 

E18C0CD4-2B4D-4403-8B59-B3AB7C26ED03.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

did you know humans can get drunk by putting alcohol up their asses?

One is something humans have, the other is something they can do!

The point is, we are born equipped to eat meat if we choose to do so. I am eating meat right now, shove that up your uppity ass.

Edited by wwhy

4 hours ago, wwhy said:

@Lyubov

Does this one also offend you?

No it’s wild and beautiful.  Is that how you catch and eat your meat? 

not really the same is it? Do you see the difference 

F537F953-FD99-4384-9582-B3E7AA4960A6.jpeg

7 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

Lol yeah, those huge canines 

Size does not matter, its what you do with it ¬¬

2 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

No it’s wild and beautiful.  Is that how you catch and eat your meat? 

I am wild and beautiful too, CANINE TEETH included. And as a modern man in the 21 century, all my hunting is done in the grocery store.

Hyenas are assholes. Cannot believe they tried to eat a lion. Love how it ends, the two lions hugging one another. Carnivores have feelings too

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I would love to see how you hunt down a wild animal using nothing but your bare hands, thats is, the "equipment" you were born with, and then tear the flesh of its bones using your gigantic canines.

I swear to you. if I lived 1000 years ago i'd hunt down that chicken and tear it apart and KFC'd it with my bare hands.

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Do you know what is the food of the animal with the largest canine teeth? 

No. Please tell...

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I would love to see how you hunt down a wild animal using nothing but your bare hands, thats is, the "equipment" you were born with, and then tear the flesh of its bones using your gigantic canines.

Oh.. and do not forget that funny organ between our ears. Nature gave us that too, together with a thumb and the ability to use tools. We're the apex predator.

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The hippopotamus, a herbivore.

We are omnivores.