Lyubov

Does killing and eating animals have a place in conscious society?

105 posts in this topic

WARNING: ANIMAL DEATH IN VIDEO

I'm feeling very angry after seeing this video. I understand that the way this guy kills these animals is much more conscious over factory farms. I'm wondering though does society have to rely on animal meat to survive especially as it gets more developed? I can understand why it is done in developing countries but it seems like it's more a luxury and habit now for most people in first world countries so to speak. I also understand that if it was banned tons of people would then be out of jobs so it's more complex than just saying don't eat meat. SO the question is does killing and eating animals have a place in conscious society or is it more so a feature of a less conscious scarcity based society ?

Look being vegan is fine. But if someone eats meat because it suits their body and health or if they have a medical issue, it should be fine as well. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Look being vegan is fine. But if someone eats meat because it suits their body and health or if they have a medical issue, it should be fine as well. 

I don't buy that eating meat suits people's body and it is necessary to live a healthy life and feel good and full of energy day to day. People who tried vegan diets feel low energy cause 99% of the time they just ate a bunch of processed junk like beyond burgers and thought that was actually a healthy diet. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Lyubov I'm vegan and I don't experience low energy. I don't know why. Because I guess I never really ate too much  meat. So I don't see much of a difference while switching to vegan 

But I can understand those who were always eating meat. Could be a huge difference for them 

You gotta understand body types? 

You really believe that all body types are same? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Lyubov

"Does killing and eating animals have a place in conscious society?"

Apparently so.

This is most definitely not the most humane way to put them down, shooting them in front of their own kind and right in front of their face? 

When I've had to do this the animal is always alone, we then feed it something good and come up behind it with a pin-gun, it drops instantly and then the throat is slit to ensure it won't wake back up. The animal should never be shot blank range in front of other animals, they know very well what's happening. 

41 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

WARNING: ANIMAL DEATH IN VIDEO

I'm feeling very angry after seeing this video. I understand that the way this guy kills these animals is much more conscious over factory farms.

?. 

if you feel angry at this try watching some slaughterhouse videos.

41 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

also understand that if it was banned tons of people would then be out of jobs

most of the people working in those places are miserable and have mental health issues dealing with killing and seeing dead bodies and the overall death vibe inside of them. It’s not good for human nature. Less and less people are willing to do societies dirty work for them.

It’s either gonna become a super high paying job to get people to do it, or there will be robots. 

personally I don’t see a place for it in a conscious society.  I don’t see how the more conscious a person becomes they can be ok with it.
The only way people can do it now is by not thinking about it. Ignorance is bliss o.O

Edited by intotheblack

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

SO the question is does killing and eating animals have a place in conscious society or is it more so a feature of a less conscious scarcity based society ?

Everything has it's place, up until the point it doesn't. Perhaps one day we will reach a point where there is next to no killing animals for food, but until that day, this is what is. Of course someone will interpret this as being dangerously passive and as a way to dismiss the problem, "Oh so we shouldn't strive to improve anything at all then?" But that's not what I'm saying, and is just a bad faith interpretation driven by emotion. I'm simply pointing out reality that it exists. Not moralizing or making a judgement call about it. If you accept reality as it is and for what it is, you can see it more clearly and therefore act from a better place.

Notice how by moralizing and being upset about something you are actually perpetuating even MORE suffering than otherwise would be the case. This doesn't mean being upset is "bad", any experience is a valid one.

Just consider - If you want to improve the situation by reducing suffering and increasing consciousness, would it not be wise to start with yourself first and foremost? Do you think people who want to help animals and change societies habits would be more effective from a place of peace and acceptance, or anger and unacceptance?

This post isn't directed specifically at you @Lyubov but anyone reading.

hrhrhtewgfegege

In my opinion killing and eating animals doesn't have any place in conscious society.

However that being said there is the issue with our pets and their food. Dogs and cats need meat in their diet so in order to completely stop killing the animals means we shouldn't have any pets either.

I think killing animals for food will be necessery until the artificial meat is invented.

Perhaps we could hand out permits to few people that cannot survive without meat. 

Edited by Dryas

European countries will be the first to end factory farming I think. But who knows when that will be. It’s just gonna take a long time because barely enough people are at the consciousness level to be on board with it. I think it will happen slowly but surely as people awaken to the horrors and gradually stop buying. 
It can’t go on long term. I say by the year 2100 it will be history.   

6 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Perhaps we could hand out permits to few people that cannot survive without meat. 

?? 

Edited by intotheblack

@Lyubov

It's very possible that humans were made to eat animals and that an animal diet is optimal for human health. The research on the carnivore diet is interesting to say the least. In which case there is no getting rid of killing animals to eat. And I don't think there needs to be.

That said, if we are to eat animals, it should be done as consciously as possible. Factory farming is horrific and I would not recommend anyone eat animals that are part of that system.

I predict that in many many years humans will not rely on animal foods. But im talking hundreds of years. There are way too many people who actually need to eat animal foods to thrive. 

I used to be vegan. For 5 years. I'm of Norwegian decent. My hair thinned out and my digestion got out of whack without animal foods. I had a hard time eating enough for my slender frame. It just doesn't make sense at this stage in our human evolution. I dont see anything wrong with killing a cow for food. We are highly sensitive to this type of video because we don't see killing like at all in our society. 

Edited by Flowerfaeiry

"You Create Magic" 

@intotheblack They will just outsource it...

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

If we assume that we're currently in a low consciousness society and that we'll have a high consciousness society in the future (let's say 100 years), then I would say no. 

"The global cell-based meat market is predicted to be worth $15.5m by 2021 and $20m by 2027, according to analysis. One report estimates that 35% of all meat will be cultured by 2040.

While estimates vary, one study found that cell-based beef is projected to use 95 per cent fewer global greenhouse gas emissions, 98 per cent less land use and up to half as much energy."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briankateman/2020/02/17/will-cultured-meat-soon-be-a-common-sight-in-supermarkets-across-the-globe/

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 hours ago, fridjonk said:

The animal should never be shot blank range in front of other animals, they know very well what's happening. 

I'm not too sure about that. Some turned and ran away... others just stood there striking curious poses like "what is this cow lying on the ground like that for"

1 hour ago, wwhy said:

I'm not too sure about that. Some turned and ran away... others just stood there striking curious poses like "what is this cow lying on the ground like that for"

I've been around animals enough to see how they're affected by death and they most definitely sense what it is and when it's near. Cattle perhaps least so, but pigs and sheep do start acting weirdly if they see one of their own drop dead all of the sudden. 

7 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

I've been around animals enough to see how they're affected by death and they most definitely sense what it is and when it's near. Cattle perhaps least so, but pigs and sheep do start acting weirdly if they see one of their own drop dead all of the sudden. 

Ofcourse. With pigs I've heard even though they are killed out of sight, the one picked somehow just knows where its being taken to this time and cries like hell. Pigs are a lot more intelligent than cows. Many cows in that video look really dumb and clueless. Whatever the case, shooting them is definitely more humane than chopping their heads off.

A myth/narrative on this forum is that "high consciousness" entails that you have certain values. It comes along with all the spiral dynamics talk as well. 

--

That video was hard to watch. Also good post @Roy

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.