Brian KWJ

Using Weed For Spirituality is Dangerous.

30 posts in this topic

Ok, So I know what your thinking; "Here we go again, another one of these guys trying to demonize the sacred herb". But hang on a second because if you have been using this herb to further your spiritual understanding, you could just be being taken advantage of by spirits just like I was.For about 2 years, I have used the ganja to expand my perception beyond my minds conditioning; and let me just say this: anything that use to work for you will eventually work against you. Im a 21 year old telling u this. Not an old boomer.
On the surface, the experiences that I had with weed were profound. I was able to tap into non dual awareness many times by using it. I was also able to connect with myself and the nature around me a lot more than in my sobriety. It really felt like a cheat code for spiritual awareness. I would smoke out of my pipe and contemplate reality from a completely unattatched perspective. I would read books and penetrate to deeper levels of understanding through the enhancement of the highs. I would do yoga high and really feel in flow with my practice.

As my spiritual understanding grew and my metaphysical convinctions became more appearant, I also started to notice changes in me that I did not like at all. Because of weeds dissociative properties, I felt really out of tune with myself. I began to have dreams telling me to stop using it. I even had a dmt trip- a break through dose, and before I did it I had the intentions of wanting to be shown exactly what I needed to see about reality. You know where that DMT trip took me? Right to sobriety!  Still for the longest, I ignored my intuition and swept it all under the rug. I mean hell, why would I stop if I am gaining so much from these "spiritual"experiences?

So I went on and kept smoking and smoking, telling myself it was for the sake of "spirituality", but eventually, It just became an addiction. I would be high all the time. In retrospect this really set me back in every area of my life. I became so dissociated tnat my relationships with my friends and family became astrange. I felt like it was so hard to be myself around others; despite me being a naturally charasmatic person. I started to feel disempowered and weak. People could tell too. My masculinity became super passive and repressed, my sex drive was low; I started becoming something I was not. Still I kept smoking with the veil of spiritual insight. I mean fuck if the rastafari use it, why cant I?!

What made me stop was taking a gooooood long look at what I have accomplished in the past two years. Quite frankly, I havent accomplished anything in the past two years that I could say in my sobriety that I am super proud of. Before weed, my mind was in a box, but at least I had self respect. I recently stoped and renounced all usage of it. Still wana smoke? Let me explain more.

For one, I am pretty much a genious (who cant spell at all) and I dont care if I sound like ego man.But on weed, I fel dummer than a cup of sand. I struggled to communicate.my short term memory was litterally gone. I would be speaking about something hella profound in front of lots of people and my mind would litteraly just go blank in the middle. of me talking I started becoming extremely confused about myself. I had all potential and no clarity.  I started becoming depressed and life started to feel harder than it needed to be. I also couldnt get as much oxygen to my brain. The smoke would get into my nasal cavities and block me from being able to use parts of my face and brain. I got frequent headaches and my diet was super unbalanced due to the hunger cravings. I would eat shit just because I was high and it was around. My addiction turned me into the exact thing I was trying to avoid becoming.

I am sharing all of this for those who were like me. If you want to reach the highest levels of cultivation, you wont make it on drugs. Psychedelics are cool tools to use, but be extremely intentional about the usage. Dont kid yourself when it comes to these things. You could really delude yourself into thinking your healing yourself when your doing the exact opposite. When you try to cling on to good experiences, you will end up creating a bunch of bad ones! Dont let weed or any substance dull your intentions. Right now, young people everywhere are under the impression that substances are the remedy.  We have to show them the power of clarity and the sharpness of sobriety. We are all connected, so if you have been abusing substances, not only are you hurting yourself, but you are hurting those around you. This will create more suffering for all of us. BE YOSELF ?✨

- Skate Shaman

Also consider the ROA. Smoking isn't very healthy. If you care about that.

Sailing on the ceiling 

Okay, but only because you've started to use weed irresponsibly and became addicted to it doesn't make it dangerous per se. Weed is a great tool for contemplation (at least for me) because it can help with implicit thinking and pattern recognition. And if you can use it responsibly, why not. Hashish and weed are widely used in India for spiritual purposes. Weed is no more dangerous than any other substance, provided one is careful and mature in handling it. 

Have you read Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes?

It's so shocking how marvelous and magical this plant is actually.

Even smoking it daily is so beneficial for the body.

Edited by m0hsen

addiction, it's like avoidance of something, avoidance of what we truly desire, in favour of short term (spiritual) high. Luckily if you're mature enough psychedelics will backfire on you, and so did weed, apparently. Although no need to discount the insights that they helped produce. Do you think weed is particularly more addictive than psychedelics?

Edited by Tarzan

10 minutes ago, Tarzan said:

Do you think weed is particularly more addictive than psychedelics?

Yes night and day

Sailing on the ceiling 

I've come to the same realizations and am taking a good long break from weed for these reasons. It is really only helpful when used like a psychedelic, where you set intentions and focus on insight. At this point with my psychology and understanding of metaphysics, getting high is more like being on low doses of lsd. Which can be nice, but at the same time, why not just "graduate" to lsd as my primary substance.

Weed is extremely effective for opening newbie's minds to spirituality, irrational truths, mental unification, and the importance of contemplation, but it can only take you so far.

Cannabis clearly tells you: stop. When it's time to stop . anxiety, paranoia,  mental poverty, laziness, gluttony, lonely ... but man is a stupid animal and continues until things get really ugly and your life is going down dark paths. once you have seen it, and you have left it, you can use it as a tool if you find it useful

Edited by Breakingthewall

I've done many different drugs and nothing is as addictive for me as weed is, not even opioids or stimulants.

To work with weed in a healthy way I have to be very disciplined with myself. My rule is that I don't do it more often then 1-2 a week but sometimes when I am weak, I smoke for a week straight and then when I stop I can't really sleep for 3-5 days...

Weed is an amazing tool and I want to use it for the rest of my life but I don't want to be depenend on it.  What I really like is to combine weed with other drugs like lsd, mdma, ketamine, speed etc. It kind of takes the edge of so I can let go easier.

44 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

It kind of takes the edge of so I can let go easier

Interesting. For me it would always produce an extreme boost in consciousness, but concurrent with an extreme decline in both short and long term memory. This makes ego death much more likely, but can just as easily cause a sort of pseudo-psychosis. It’s as if I’m sensing, very clearly, higher dimension energy fields surrounding “compound-beings”  — the ego-death-generated integrated intersections / conglomerations of many of what we would call “individual minds.”

My theory is it's judgement coming from lower distortion / higher consciousness beings that have not fully surrendered a form of ego which is impossible to fully surrender while still appearing to exist.

It's all just God's monologue though -- and not a personal God.

Edited by The0Self

I had a trauma that I couldn't integrate. It was blocked by thick layer of repression. As a last resort I decided to open it up with the help of weed by some understanding from the psychedelic community and a Teal Swan video.

Holy shit, I was wrong. My eyesight became permanently "jumpy". I get terror induced flashbacks from that bad trip that ruined my eyesight. I have developed occasional visual illusions as bonus since winter. I would describe my situation as "No brakes Only gas" as I seem not be able to stop or repress any impulse anymore. Those brakes vanished when I took that weed. I don't care about God. Cause my mind doesn't comprehend it anymore . I have severed my connection with the Higher Self forever.The lower self slowly disintegrates into a dreadful psychosis.

My only way to enjoy myself for the last time us to take a huge bank loan. Then spend it on prostitutes and opium rooms. When my brains get totally fried and genitals fall off from the stds. I'll make a bomb and put it around myself. I will stay at a rooftop and wait for folks to gather themselves and say to me "Jump!" and I'll fucking jump and explode in midair so everyone in the crowd will get a piece of me.

Then I'll become a dark ghost like shit that will slowly disintegrate in earth atmosphere in a millennia of unimaginable suffering.

That's because of the one candy I took and didn't pay for at the grocery store as a child. Karma is a @#$%&.

Folks, do not smoke weed. It can fuck you up forever. 

14 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

I had a trauma that I couldn't integrate. It was blocked by thick layer of repression. As a last resort I decided to open it up with the help of weed by some understanding from the psychedelic community and a Teal Swan video.

Holy shit, I was wrong. My eyesight became permanently "jumpy". I get terror induced flashbacks from that bad trip that ruined my eyesight. I have developed occasional visual illusions as bonus since winter. I would describe my situation as "No brakes Only gas" as I seem not be able to stop or repress any impulse anymore. Those brakes vanished when I took that weed. I don't care about God. Cause my mind doesn't comprehend it anymore . I have severed my connection with the Higher Self forever.The lower self slowly disintegrates into a dreadful psychosis.

My only way to enjoy myself for the last time us to take a huge bank loan. Then spend it on prostitutes and opium rooms. When my brains get totally fried and genitals fall off from the stds. I'll make a bomb and put it around myself. I will stay at a rooftop and wait for folks to gather themselves and say to me "Jump!" and I'll fucking jump and explode in midair so everyone in the crowd will get a piece of me.

Then I'll become a dark ghost like shit that will slowly disintegrate in earth atmosphere in a millennia of unimaginable suffering.

That's because of the one candy I took and didn't pay for at the grocery store as a child. Karma is a @#$%&.

Folks, do not smoke weed. It can fuck you up forever. 

Can't tell if you're joking. If you are not joking, you do realize you create your own reality, right? If you are joking... Well, just know that what you're detailing can actually be a delusion the mind makes real -- it can make ANYTHING seem realer than real; infinitely real, when it's neither real nor unreal; it's everything appearing as a particular story.

You have no chance of winning against the mind. But the mind has no chance of winning against you. Already.

Edited by The0Self

4 hours ago, Tim R said:

Okay, but only because you've started to use weed irresponsibly and became addicted to it doesn't make it dangerous per se. Weed is a great tool for contemplation (at least for me) because it can help with implicit thinking and pattern recognition. And if you can use it responsibly, why not. Hashish and weed are widely used in India for spiritual purposes. Weed is no more dangerous than any other substance, provided one is careful and mature in handling it. 

yea i use to think that too. But I realized in order to actualize my highest self, I need unshakeable clarity. I really didnt make this post to argue the elementary points of its bennifits. I more so made this as a warning for people using it regularly and are becomming out of touch with their intention.

4 minutes ago, Brian KWJ said:

yea i use to think that too. But I realized in order to actualize my highest self, I need unshakeable clarity. I really didnt make this post to argue the elementary points of its bennifits. I more so made this as a warning for people using it regularly and are becomming out of touch with their intention.

Weed, like anything, can be a double-edged sword. It seems the more effective it is for a particular individual, the more psychosis-inducing it can be. It's as if it acts as a mind-stimulant, causing you to be more aware of projections, but when you're more aware of projections, well, you experience a world of projections. The real problem is when some of these projections take hold of you and utterly convince you they're real, though it's not really a problem. I found weed to be quite wonderful, but absolutely experienced psychosis from it, especially while combining it with ketamine, etc.

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

Interesting. For me it would always produce an extreme boost in consciousness, but concurrent with an extreme decline in both short and long term memory. This makes ego death much more likely, but can just as easily cause a sort of pseudo-psychosis. It’s as if I’m sensing, very clearly, higher dimension energy fields surrounding “compound-beings”  — the ego-death-generated integrated intersections / conglomerations of many of what we would call “individual minds.”

Yes, exactly the same thing happens to me too. For example, sometimes when I smoke cannabis at the peak of an LSD trip and I go back inside to sit down, I've already forgotten that I smoked cannabis and sometimes I also forget that I took LSD. This is when it gets really weird but I've learned to give up at this point because otherwise the trip is not enjoyable anymore. So in a way the weed forces me to let go and once I accumulated to this new state it's pure bliss.

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

My theory is it's judgement coming from lower distortion / higher consciousness beings that have not fully surrendered a form of ego which is impossible to fully surrender while still appearing to exist.

It's all just God's monologue though -- and not a personal God.

I don't understand what you mean with that. Which judgement?

13 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

I don't understand what you mean with that. Which judgement?

Not really judgement per se. Not overt judgement. Unseen judgement? Or preference; alive flowing responsiveness; ego; apparent separation, no matter how subtle. Apparent distinction seems necessary for anything to appear to happen. Just a theory.

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

Can't tell if you're joking. If you are not joking, you do realize you create your own reality, right? If you are joking... Well, just know that what you're detailing can actually be a delusion the mind makes real -- it can make ANYTHING seem realer than real; infinitely real, when it's neither real nor unreal; it's everything appearing as a particular story.

You have no chance of winning against the mind. But the mind has no chance of winning against you. Already.

Just exaggerated a bit. Got some jumpy vision from that one bong hit. May be a misplaced retina. Nothing special, just wanted some steam out.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:15 AM, Brian KWJ said:

Ok, So I know what your thinking; "Here we go again, another one of these guys trying to demonize the sacred herb". But hang on a second because if you have been using this herb to further your spiritual understanding, you could just be being taken advantage of by spirits just like I was.For about 2 years, I have used the ganja to expand my perception beyond my minds conditioning; and let me just say this: anything that use to work for you will eventually work against you. Im a 21 year old telling u this. Not an old boomer.
On the surface, the experiences that I had with weed were profound. I was able to tap into non dual awareness many times by using it. I was also able to connect with myself and the nature around me a lot more than in my sobriety. It really felt like a cheat code for spiritual awareness. I would smoke out of my pipe and contemplate reality from a completely unattatched perspective. I would read books and penetrate to deeper levels of understanding through the enhancement of the highs. I would do yoga high and really feel in flow with my practice.

As my spiritual understanding grew and my metaphysical convinctions became more appearant, I also started to notice changes in me that I did not like at all. Because of weeds dissociative properties, I felt really out of tune with myself. I began to have dreams telling me to stop using it. I even had a dmt trip- a break through dose, and before I did it I had the intentions of wanting to be shown exactly what I needed to see about reality. You know where that DMT trip took me? Right to sobriety!  Still for the longest, I ignored my intuition and swept it all under the rug. I mean hell, why would I stop if I am gaining so much from these "spiritual"experiences?

So I went on and kept smoking and smoking, telling myself it was for the sake of "spirituality", but eventually, It just became an addiction. I would be high all the time. In retrospect this really set me back in every area of my life. I became so dissociated tnat my relationships with my friends and family became astrange. I felt like it was so hard to be myself around others; despite me being a naturally charasmatic person. I started to feel disempowered and weak. People could tell too. My masculinity became super passive and repressed, my sex drive was low; I started becoming something I was not. Still I kept smoking with the veil of spiritual insight. I mean fuck if the rastafari use it, why cant I?!

What made me stop was taking a gooooood long look at what I have accomplished in the past two years. Quite frankly, I havent accomplished anything in the past two years that I could say in my sobriety that I am super proud of. Before weed, my mind was in a box, but at least I had self respect. I recently stoped and renounced all usage of it. Still wana smoke? Let me explain more.

For one, I am pretty much a genious (who cant spell at all) and I dont care if I sound like ego man.But on weed, I fel dummer than a cup of sand. I struggled to communicate.my short term memory was litterally gone. I would be speaking about something hella profound in front of lots of people and my mind would litteraly just go blank in the middle. of me talking I started becoming extremely confused about myself. I had all potential and no clarity.  I started becoming depressed and life started to feel harder than it needed to be. I also couldnt get as much oxygen to my brain. The smoke would get into my nasal cavities and block me from being able to use parts of my face and brain. I got frequent headaches and my diet was super unbalanced due to the hunger cravings. I would eat shit just because I was high and it was around. My addiction turned me into the exact thing I was trying to avoid becoming.

I am sharing all of this for those who were like me. If you want to reach the highest levels of cultivation, you wont make it on drugs. Psychedelics are cool tools to use, but be extremely intentional about the usage. Dont kid yourself when it comes to these things. You could really delude yourself into thinking your healing yourself when your doing the exact opposite. When you try to cling on to good experiences, you will end up creating a bunch of bad ones! Dont let weed or any substance dull your intentions. Right now, young people everywhere are under the impression that substances are the remedy.  We have to show them the power of clarity and the sharpness of sobriety. We are all connected, so if you have been abusing substances, not only are you hurting yourself, but you are hurting those around you. This will create more suffering for all of us. BE YOSELF ?✨

- Skate Shaman

@Brian KWJ Oh yeah, all your motivation to accomplish anything in life will go the fuck out the window with smoking weed. And not just weed, but alcohol, cigarettes, painkillers, or any drugs. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary