Eren Eeager

Big picture understanding of suffering.

23 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

Can we get an episode discussing this point?

My ego won't leave me in peace if I don't find the most satisfying answer to the dilemma of suffering.

What I understand is :

1. God cannot allow itself to be afraid of suffering as that will pose a limitation on God. God allows everything and that what makes it infinite Love
  2. God use suffering to push crearion towards its destined end which is Self- realization. Suffering pushes the evolution of organic creatures towards God.
  3. Life is a very difficult process, and karma is very brutal. Karma and evolution are mostly suffering based.
  4. Is it worth it??

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

I'm sorry to disappoint you. This is what I wrote about in the post You are not God Himself. Ego or the identification process uses the intellect. It is an extremely advanced tool in evolution, especially for a human being. Intellect, Sadhguru says, is like a knife. The sharper the better. And with this knife, you cut physical reality into smaller and smaller pieces trying to understand it. In the case of the physical dimension (you have to be very careful here because you can go astray in the absence of attention by defining the reality you see as physical), let's say okay.
Thus, the process of identification, endowed with intellect, considers itself to be all of you. It's just that the combination with which you identify yourself, which you are currently experiencing, is not able to understand through language, thoughts (and you think in a given language, right?) the phenomenon of merging because it only knows and uses the dividing tool. Therefore, any explaining to a person who is in an ego - intellect state what God, Love, Suffering is - is simply pointless. Recently, I noticed that trying to explain it to myself, I go nowhere. The only, I repeat, the only way to say that "understanding" is through direct experience. Not second-hand. Your direct experience. If you experience it even for a fraction of a second, the answer to your fourth question is: definitely YES.

@Eren Eeager Well with suffering, my personal opinion from experience has been that suffering greatly forces change.Humans are stubborn, it usually takes something severe to re-evaluate things fundamentally. 

To your number 3 I don't have anything to add, it feels very brutal to me. I'm reminded of Buddhas "Life is dhukka" statement. 

I'll say be careful about using your mind and intellect to identify yourself with God. I've had the thoughts "I'm God" when in egoic consciousness.

Then it's just a fickle belief the ego has, yielding so humorously and pathetically quickly to even the faintest of winds.

From our human POV, perhaps our duty is one of "surrendering to God". Surrender is identical to state of "not-knowing". We don't know anything and so we surrender. 

Images and concepts become like tumours in my mind, and so I caution others of the same thing, since I project. 

4) I don't know. Me personally, my mood and experience is filled with a lot of ups and downs right now.

For example. I was in the pits of shame and despair only yesterday, then only a few hours later I was calm and tranquil. I cried it out. After my mental breakdown, I felt positively dark and energetic parts of me come to surface

--

I was feeling blue this morning, but then I looked outside my window and saw some squirrels. It just filled me with awe and wonder watching them move. Scavenging, eating, running on trees. 

And so it is I think, maybe that squirrel alone is enough to justify existence. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I think you got some good insights in your op already. Doubt you’re gonna ever be satisfied or even able to think/contemplate your way out of this one question to satisfaction of it. I’d work in letting this go. Thinking about the why on this question I don’t think leads anywhere pretty. Already a deeper knowing/answer on this one by letting go of trying to figure it out.

Edited by Lyubov

5 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

1. God cannot allow itself to be afraid of suffering as that will pose a limitation on God. God allows everything and that what makes it infinite Love

God limiting itself by being afraid of suffering wouldn't be God. It would be god.

4. Is it worth it??

You are here. So yeah, I would say so.

5 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

answer to the dilemma of suffering

What dilemma do you think there is?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Suffering is mostly in the mind. The mind discriminates between pleasant and unpleasant experiences, and you’ll find that even living in America as a billionaire you would find things to be unhappy about. 
Conversely, it is a hallmark of spiritual advancement that you start seeing the positive sides of things, and that you would be happy, even if you were poor and living under a bridge somewhere.

If you look at it dispassionately, say you were a Syrian fresh from the war living in a refugee camp in Turkey, what is there to be unhappy about? You eat one meal in a soup kitchen every day and sleep in a tent with ten others, but you have food and a bed, and all your memories are just dreams. Yesterday is no longer here, tomorrow may not come, there is only the present. All the things that would make you unhappy — thoughts of having had a house and a garden, a family, loved ones who have no idea where you are — are just thoughts. 
So live in the present, and beware of the tricks your mind pulls on you. One of the best skills you can develop is the art of letting go of what is no longer necessary, it is a big step towards inner peace, and that imperturbable inner peace is an important part of enlightenment. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Lyubov @Nahm

Looks like the Ego will never be satisfied with any answer. I should work on letting go and embracing love. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Eren Eeager

When you state it as it is, ‘my suffering’ (not ego, God, etc) then you’re positioned to focus on what feels good to you. You’re not focusing for ‘an ego’ or ‘a God’, just you. Then none of the assumptions, rationalizing, justifying, etc, arise. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

God use suffering to push crearion towards its destined end which is Self- realization. Suffering pushes the evolution of organic creatures towards God.

This is the point. 

8 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:
  1. Life is a very difficult process, and karma is very brutal. Karma and evolution are mostly suffering based.
  2. Is it worth it??

Difficult, brutal, worth, are labels . Things are as they are. Suffering is a teacher that shows you the narrow path of the truth. the more you deviate from that path, the more suffering there will be, to tell you: not there. not pleasant, but effective

suffering is to teach the sufferer there is no sufferer, this i only suffers if this i thinks it is a separate body mind entity, this i needs to raise its consciousness 

10 hours ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you. This is what I wrote about in the post You are not God Himself. Ego or the identification process uses the intellect. It is an extremely advanced tool in evolution, especially for a human being. Intellect, Sadhguru says, is like a knife. The sharper the better. And with this knife, you cut physical reality into smaller and smaller pieces trying to understand it. In the case of the physical dimension (you have to be very careful here because you can go astray in the absence of attention by defining the reality you see as physical), let's say okay.
Thus, the process of identification, endowed with intellect, considers itself to be all of you. It's just that the combination with which you identify yourself, which you are currently experiencing, is not able to understand through language, thoughts (and you think in a given language, right?) the phenomenon of merging because it only knows and uses the dividing tool. Therefore, any explaining to a person who is in an ego - intellect state what God, Love, Suffering is - is simply pointless. Recently, I noticed that trying to explain it to myself, I go nowhere. The only, I repeat, the only way to say that "understanding" is through direct experience. Not second-hand. Your direct experience. If you experience it even for a fraction of a second, the answer to your fourth question is: definitely YES.

Yeah, there definitely seems to be some truth to that.

But you are the whole as well as the part, and you can transcend layers. Consciousness does evolve, and it can “touch/be God,” it just can’t go “all the way,” because that’s what nothing is...but nothing is already everything.

Edited by The0Self

What is there to understanding? Suffering keeps you alive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I like Shinzen Young’s  explanation.  

There is a difference between suffering and pain.  
The formula is:  suffering = pain times resistance.  

We suffer because we resist pain and the suffering increasing by a multiplicative factor.   Thus if you have 10 units of pain and resist by 10, then your suffering is 100.   If you don’t resist the pain, it increases sensation only linearly and is bearable.   Nature doesn't give you more than you can handle.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

In the english language the word suffering is loosing its depth as a meaning. In greek language what we mean as suffering is translated as Tragedy which refers also to the word sacrifice.  Nietzsche when he wrote that God died he wrote as well that the future of humanity cannot sustain without the feeling of tragedy. The tragic element is a nessecity for life.

Suffering in greek means sustaining an unpleasant state of no purpose for no reason 

13 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura

Can we get an episode discussing this point?

My ego won't leave me in peace if I don't find the most satisfying answer to the dilemma of suffering.

What I understand is :

2. God use suffering to push crearion towards its destined end which is Self- realization. Suffering pushes the evolution of organic creatures towards God.
  3. Life is a very difficult process, and karma is very brutal. Karma and evolution are mostly suffering based.
  4. Is it worth it??

Say you lived somewhere in a little village where no one suffered. You have been living there for thousands of years.

You see the hills off in the distance. No one has ever gone there, no one knows what is over the hills.

One day you decide to explore what's out there. You try to get others to go but no one wants to go except a very few, because anything can happen.

You made it!

: )

Where's home?

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What is there to understanding? Suffering keeps you alive.

ImperturbableJaggedAmericanwigeon-max-1m

In Tate we trust

Thanks guys, Today I am doing better. I tried to embrace suffering instead of denying it or find an explanation to it. I just need to Embrace the brutality of life as a feature that pushes us in the right direction.

Namaste!

18 hours ago, StarStruck said:

ImperturbableJaggedAmericanwigeon-max-1m

What is this handsome man in the gif saying and what did you intend to communicate by posting it?

??