Dark_White

Need advice // Out of body experience

7 posts in this topic

Yesterday night, i had almost an out of body experience and i don't know what triggered it.

How it felt like:-

• First of all, before OBE occured i was in the dream state.
  • I suddenly had a thought and gained my self awareness from the dream and wake up.
  • Suddenly, my body started to shake in somewhat in full sensation and felt like something like a soul is uplifting from my body with a freakishly loud sound or more like a frequency played in my mind and i couldn't able to move any single muscle.
  • I let go in order to gain control and i somehow able to stop it from the sensation of uplifting of the soul from my body.

So, the question is,

is it because of doing self inquiry a lot and doing meditation. Or does it has to do with something else?

Does anyone had any similar experience like it?

I have no idea whatsoever. But it freaked me out for that time period!

I usually enter this kinda thing self induced by sleeping 4-5 hours, waking up, spending about 30 -50 mins doing something that keeps you awake but still somewhat sleepy. Then go to sleep with full awareness. 

Basically wake the mind up fully, not body.

Sounds like you almost had an OBE. The vibration and loud sound are stages before going out of the body. It's good. Not everyone can just do it without practice and intention. Sometimes it can just happen for some. You might want to look into astral projection and lucid dreaming and use them as spiritual practices. I've had full DMT-level experience with lucid dreaming. You might be naturally good at OBE, so I recommend exploring them more. 

Edited by erik8lrl

@Swarnim oh, okay. So did that triggeted you for an OBE? And what happens while you're having an OBE?

@erik8lrl oh okay, thanks for the reply. I didn't had any intention whatsoever and i just got scared and came back quickly. Sure, I'll check it out!!?

It's because you're more aware of other states of consciousness (sleep, OBE etc.) because of the practices you do while awake. Mindfulness while awake increases mindfulness while asleep.

It has probably happened before but you weren't aware of it.

If you want to experience it more often read "The Phase" and follow it word for word.

Also, OBEs, LDs etc. are easier when you wake up from sleep first...