Tim R

LSD, Death & Maya

14 posts in this topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/4whrnx/i_did_so_much_acid_i_almost_died/

This is one of the most interesting reddit posts I've ever read. It perfectly illustrates the game of the universe, the illusion, the pretense; our life. The Godhead, wanting and loving to get involved, lost and completely taken in by the illusion. 

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

44 minutes ago, Frenk said:

Beautiful, try giving this a read:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=492

it will blow your mind xD

Wow, incredible! Sounds a lot like Leo's experiences, beautiful^_^

"This is the Infinite, David", the voice said, "This is where you come from and this is where you shall return." The following words then began to repeat over and over in my mind: "Infinite Love is the only truth everything else is illusion; Infinite Love is the only truth everything else is illusion; Infinite Love is the only truth everything else is illusion."

Damn:x

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/4whrnx/i_did_so_much_acid_i_almost_died/

This is one of the most interesting reddit posts I've ever read. It perfectly illustrates the game of the universe, the illusion, the pretense; our life. The Godhead, wanting and loving to get involved, lost and completely taken in by the illusion. 

haunting story. sounds similar to some 5meo experiences I've had: there is nothing, I am nothing, just empty, zero, death. there was never anything and it is the infinite grave. I believe that it is the previous step to the true enlightenment, in which it is seen that the emptiness is God. The one with the report did not get there, he turned around before, overwhelmed by the emptiness. that guy was in the perfect spot, completely detached from the mundane. If he had known more about spirituality or had a teacher, perhaps he would have completely submerged himself in that emptiness and would have come out enlightened. Great courage is needed, imo. How difficult it is to follow that path, to separate for a time in a real way from everything that it means to be human

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Leo Gura Have you written trip reports like those? if yes, is there a chance that we might get to read them?:) Or do you keep them to yourself in your personal notes?

@Tim R I share them in videos. Sometimes not explicitly but implicitly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That was a great post. Very relatable - not that I've done an acid bender like that, but I feel I've touched down on the same cycle of experience on a smaller time scale a bunch of times with some heavy trips. I'm sure many of us here have as well.

This even happens in the scale of the cycle of breath during meditation. When you slow down and settle in enough you can see it. At the end of the exhale sits annihilation, infinity, unconditioned being. The inhale brings maya, life, the multitude.

I asked an accomplished zen teacher about this and he didn't have a direct answer as to why this is, but he asked me: What's the first thing you do when you're born? And what's the last thing you do when you die?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

1 hour ago, outlandish said:

I asked an accomplished zen teacher about this and he didn't have a direct answer as to why this is, but he asked me: What's the first thing you do when you're born? And what's the last thing you do when you die?

@outlandish Did you give an answer?

I can't remember if I did or if I just understood what he was saying: Inhale, exhale.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

7 minutes ago, outlandish said:

I can't remember if I did or if I just understood what he was saying: Inhale, exhale.

Nice^_^

I still think the most amazing and liberating accounts of LSD use are by Dr Chris Bache in his book 'Diamonds from Heaven;. He explored ever deeper states of consciousness through high dose Lsd sessions over many years and, fascinatingly, was taken on a journey through many worlds and levels of consciousness.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44321378-lsd-and-the-mind-of-the-universe

Edited by Demeter

10 hours ago, Tim R said:

That seems mostly like abuse/escapism.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.